Forums

Topic: Weird System Update as of 5/14/12

Posts 1 to 20 of 30

Knuckles

Did anyone else get this update? I don't even know what it does, just launched the eShop, and was redirected to a system update. I think its for Mario Kart 7, so I'll boot up my Cart and check it out.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

photofool83

Will this be the Mighty Switch Force Update, as well? I hope so.

Some of my favorite games:
Ghost Trick, StarFox 64, WarioLand: Shake It, Kid Icarus, The Legendary Starfy, Endless Ocean: Blue World, Zelda: Minish Cap, Pokemon Snap, Diamond Trust of London, Gyromite, Katamari Damacy, EarthBound, Mario Kart 7, and Sonic Generations(PS3).

rubbernec320

Well I can disprove that MK7 fix. People are still glitching like crazy. I wasn't able to do the glitch( because I'm not good at it) but other people could.

3DS FC:2449-4618-2796
Nintendo Network ID: rubbernec320
I have a Poison Safari with Mothim, Seviper and Muk.

TysonOfTime

geneon101 wrote:

just got this update as well. im pretty sure that this isnt the patch for the mario kart 7 as we already got that one on april 25th for those of us in North America

source: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1291939/nintendo-fixes-m...

Sorry bud, the article is wrong. The update on the 25th added the ABILITY for games to be patched, such as how MK7 will be. But it hasn't happened yet.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Birdman

Probably some behind-the-scenes stuff and security stuff. If they did patch MK7 I'm sure we'd get some type of announcement from Nintendo about it, as that's fairly big for some of us.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Prof_Clayton

I got nothing changed when I updated either. (Hopefully MK7 or an increased friend list size).

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

skywake

The Mario Kart 7 update won't be a firmware update and nor will the Mighty Switch Force update. We've seen updates for downloaded games before and it redirects you to download them in the eShop when they come out. The Mighty Switch Force one will almost certainty do the same.

The Mario Kart 7 one will probably be the same thing except instead of "re-downloading the game" it'll just download the patch to the SD card.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Aviator

To get the patch you need to download it from the eShop.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SkywardLink98

My brother had to update his to download MK7's patch, and I was able to update mine even though I got the folders update. Weird.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

skywake

You needed the folders update to access the eShop and to enable the installation of patches but the more recent update was just housekeeping stuffs.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Mr_DSi

How long did it take your 3DSs to update? Mine has been trying to update for quite a while now...

3DS: 3437-3059-8846
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lalalandtaco

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.