Forums

Topic: Ways Pokemon Games Can Improve

Posts 101 to 103 of 103

Zanark

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

So, who wants to bet that 7th gen will be on New 3DS?

I don't think it will be exclusive if it does come to New3DS. It might just have extra features on the New3DS but still playable on normal 3DS... like how black and white (1 or 2 or both) had extra features for DSi Users, IIRC

I'm not so sure about that, the DSi was a slightly different situation. For one, it didn't have exclusive games like New 3DS does. If you want a better comparison, you have to go back to the Game Boy Color, which actually did have exclusive Pokemon games (Crystal was GBC exclusive). Second, XY pushes the limits of the 3DS, and I think Game Freak would want to upgrade. Nintendo is probably pressuring Game Freak to make it for New 3DS as well to improve sales. So I can definitely see Pokemon making the jump to New 3DS.

basically every DSiWare game was exclusive, I just don't think they want to leave the 3DS install base behind for a slightly better 3DS.

Yeah releasing the new pokemon game just for the new 3DS would alienate a big part of their fanbase who already got a regular 3DS when pokemon x/y was released and who aren't willing to pay for another 3DS. I don't think any company would be willing to make a game exclusive for the new 3DS unless they don't have a choice.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

basically every DSiWare game was exclusive, I just don't think they want to leave the 3DS install base behind for a slightly better 3DS.

There's a big difference between having a handful of digital apps and full retail games.

ShanaUnite wrote:

Yeah releasing the new pokemon game just for the new 3DS would alienate a big part of their fanbase who already got a regular 3DS when pokemon x/y was released and who aren't willing to pay for another 3DS. I don't think any company would be willing to make a game exclusive for the new 3DS unless they don't have a choice.

Pokemon games pretty much drive console purchases, they'll be fine.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Rob234111

I'd love for them to let you have some kind of "careers" post game of during the main game... Like you can aspire to be a Pokemon Breeder or a Pokemon Photographer or something and there would be minigames.

Poke Photographer could have a Pokemon Snap styled mini game where you walk around taking pictures of Pokemon that you can see in the wild. You could then save the photos and show them off in the Global Link.

Poke Breeder could be cool, you could breed pokemon then have a like... Pokemon farm and then people from all over the world can come see what Pokemon you have and can adopt them if they want.

Pokemon Artist could have minigames where they can draw Pokemon and scenery in the game.

I don't know. I think they would be fun things to do, and would add some fun bits to the game.

Also, I'd like to see:

Multiple save files!

Roulette Battles (1 random pokemon from your team gets sent out into the battle. If you want to switch pokemon, you don't get to choose, another one randomly comes out. Sure, would be difficult but could be quite fun)

A present Pokemon, that is given to you on your birthday IN GAME and has different colouring depending on your Mii's favourite colour.

Trapball - A Pokeball that you can be used outside of battle, you "set" it on the ground like a trap and then leave it, then you come back later and check it and sometimes it catches a Pokemon, sometimes it catches rare Pokemon.

Just random concepts I've thought of in the past that I think would be fun.

Add my FC to trade Pokemon!
Main 3DS: 0705-2664-7237 <- Add this one if we are trading
IGN: Emily Friend Safari: Poison (Seviper, Ariados, Muk)
Secondary 3DS: 4339-2493-2659
I have LOTS of shiny Pokemon for trade!

3DS Friend Code: 0705-2664-7237 | Nintendo Network ID: Witchfire76

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.