Forums

Topic: WarioWare Gold

Posts 101 to 120 of 122

Tyranexx

Has anyone here yet tried out the hilarious ridiculousness that is Mewtroid? I saw a video of it yesterday, absolutely loved the reference...and the music....and the starting graphic....

And the fact that I like cats also has NOTHING to do with it! 🤭

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Jayenkai

Not yet.
Progress is slow going due to the immense hand cramps that the New3DSXL is leaving me with!!
I’m currently playing through as many of the touchscreen minigames as I can, hoping to rack up enough coins to earn more of those wonderful telephone messages, because they’re so amazing that they make my head explode.

Insert your favourite sarcasm notification at the correct place for extra points!

"Load, Next List!"

LzWinky

This game has Gamer. It is 10/10

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Vinny

@ReaderRagfish I was never that good at making microgames in DIY, but I loved much of the "pre-made" stuff (body rock is something else). The comics were pretty interesting too.

I think the biggest flaw with it was the lack of storage (everything was saved inside the game card's NAND, and I think it was about 32MB of space). There were thousands of great microgames made by the community back then, including by famous developers, and not so many slots. I understand it was made to work with the original DS consoles, but I think they could made an updated version to work with the DSi's SD storage or something.
There was DIY Showcase for the Wii where you could use to move the games to the Wii storage but it wasn't an ideal solution.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Sisilly_G

@Vinny : Touched had a number of polygonal activities, and that was released back in 2004.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Vinny

@Silly_G Oh yeah, that's right. But I don't think they were as elaborate like the Smooth Moves ones, though

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Henmii

Now that I have finished it (well, I still have to unlock many things) I must say it was a pretty fun game. Twisted stays my favorite (it was my first one), but it definitely was fun. I also liked the voice-acting, though I may prefer the obnoxious sounds for Wario himself.

Henmii

Quarth

Bought this game today! First 3DS game I bought in almost a year (the last one I got was the special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns on launch). Haven't played all of the previous games (Twisted! didn't even get an European release), but I loved the first GBA game and Touched! on DS. Gold is an awesome deluxe version of this addicting formula. Love it so far!

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

LzWinky

Henmii wrote:

Now that I have finished it (well, I still have to unlock many things) I must say it was a pretty fun game. Twisted stays my favorite (it was my first one), but it definitely was fun. I also liked the voice-acting, though I may prefer the obnoxious sounds for Wario himself.

What do you mean? Every time he talks it's obnoxious

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Quarth

I actually like the fully voiced Wario. It was strange at first, but I came to enjoy it eventuallly.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

nothankyou

Untitled

Has anyone figured out what the '???' mission below 'Battle Beginnings' is? Even the mario wiki doesn't have an answer (seen above).

Edited on by nothankyou

nothankyou

Sisilly_G

@nothankyou : It's most likely related to the multiplayer mode, and its objective is unlikely to be unlocked until you play the battle mode at least once.

While a battle mode is a nice idea and all, it would have been more viable if Download Play had been included as I very much doubt that this game will sell in high enough numbers for such a mode to be used often enough to even justify its inclusion.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Sisilly_G

No idea. I think I'm missing just over a dozen cards.

Sisilly_G

If you mean Wario Kard, that unlocks after, I believe, you obtain all of the toys (which is possible after unlocking all of the missions), then, yes.

But if you mean after obtaining all of the additional cards that are unlockable after Wario Kard is unlocked, then I have no idea as I'm still about a dozen cards short.

Sisilly_G

@Yosheel Maybe. I cannot confirm with certainty as I had already unlocked all of the (initially available) cards prior, but Wario Kard did not unlock until I had obtained all of the toys, as a new toy machine is unlocked that is used to obtain the newly unlockable cards.

Also, bear in mind that coins for mission rewards will need to be retrieved manually (I hadn't realised this straight away, so I thought that it would be worth mentioning).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.