Forums

Topic: Underrated 3DS games

Posts 81 to 100 of 185

Wonder_Ideal

CanisWolfred wrote:

Code of Princess, Rhythm Thief, and Samurai Warriors Chronicles (even amongst Warriors fans). In other words, every 3DS game I give a toss about.

I totally agree with Rhythm Thief. I really enjoyed that game. My only major complaint is the poodle game.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

EvilLucario
  • Shadow Wars
    A great strategy game. Kudos to Ubisoft for making a gold nugget among the craptastic 3DS launch games.
  • Mario Tennis Open
    It's not the shallow pit reviewers bemoaned it for. In fact, it fits perfectly with Nintendo's philosophy of making video games: make games assessable and FUN. And I feel Mario Tennis Open delivers in that regard.
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Controls are awesome and extremely precise. Man up, haters. The pain is worth enduring.
  • Code of Princess
    Enjoyable combat and tons of content... not to mention, online multiplayer! If you ignore the framerate issues, this game is an amazing buy for your collection.
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
    WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME MORE OFTEN? IT'S HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES EVER CREATED FOR THE 3DS! GREAT MUSIC, GOOD GRAPHICS, LOTS OF CONTENT, AND IT'S ONLY $19.99!

(cough) (cough)

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

Sonic Generations: This doesn't have a very great amount of Sonic levels that have depth, but it does have plenty of collectables, and missions. Over 50 music tracks (that can be heard with headphones while the 3DS is closed) 32 illustrations, 18 3D models all referencing games from the past 21 years of Sonic. It also comes with a nice card feature. A Sonic fan shouldn't pass on this.
Ketzal's Corridors: This makes a great use of the 3D and looks beautiful. Unfortunately it is lack actual accomplishment. The multiplayer mode could also be plenty of fun.
Rhythm Thief: Despite this game having both an insane amount of Layton similarities and it gets really slow for alot of the story, the ending makes up for plenty of it. Its really beautiful and the gameplay is at its very best.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics, Birthday_Boy
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

NintyFan

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Call me crazy but I think Super Mario 3D Land is to 3DS as Super Mario Bros. is to NES.
Both are short, sweet, simple, and fun to play in short bursts. Many people don't realise that and just see 3D Land as cheap, but I do...

You're not crazy at all; I agree. After playing other games for so long and returning to the game recently, I've realized just how underrated Super Mario 3D Land is. It does a fantastic job of mixing 2D and 3D and you can play through several diverse levels in short bursts.

I also love the music, especially the main theme, which is my favorite Mario theme since Super Mario World and is what Mario music should sound like.

RR529

ThatTrueEvil wrote:

  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
    WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME MORE OFTEN? IT'S HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES EVER CREATED FOR THE 3DS! GREAT MUSIC, GOOD GRAPHICS, LOTS OF CONTENT, AND IT'S ONLY $19.99!

I'll have to agree with you there. It has a nicely lengthed story (that you'll have to play through twice to play every mission), has over 20 different aircraft to use, a bunch of extra unlockable challenge missions (which are seperate from the story mode), an achievement system, nice looking graphics (the snowy mountain areas are particularly jaw dropping), some of the best use of the 3D (especially in "cockpit" mode), and has only gotten positive reviews.

Despite all that though, for some reason no one seems to know it exists.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Spoony_Tech

RR529 wrote:

ThatTrueEvil wrote:

  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
    WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME MORE OFTEN? IT'S HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES EVER CREATED FOR THE 3DS! GREAT MUSIC, GOOD GRAPHICS, LOTS OF CONTENT, AND IT'S ONLY $19.99!

I'll have to agree with you there. It has a nicely lengthed story (that you'll have to play through twice to play every mission), has over 20 different aircraft to use, a bunch of extra unlockable challenge missions (which are seperate from the story mode), an achievement system, nice looking graphics (the snowy mountain areas are particularly jaw dropping), some of the best use of the 3D (especially in "cockpit" mode), and has only gotten positive reviews.

Despite all that though, for some reason no one seems to know it exists.

Oh no! I have it and love it. Problem is i was too into Kid Icarus at the time to give it the time it deserves.

As for everyone say Mario anything is underrated please stop! Since Mario 64 its been the most overrated franchise in gaming today. Minus the galaxy series! Mario needs a new direction please! Plus how does 3ds game of the year become underrated?! (3d land)

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rayword45

Under no circumstances should a game with an over 90 critical average and the best sales of any game on the system be called underrated. Seriously what the hell.

I don't even consider titles like Theatrhythm or Revelations underrated (moderate sales, good reviews)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Zowolffo

Tech101 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

ThatTrueEvil wrote:

  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
    WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME MORE OFTEN? IT'S HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES EVER CREATED FOR THE 3DS! GREAT MUSIC, GOOD GRAPHICS, LOTS OF CONTENT, AND IT'S ONLY $19.99!

I'll have to agree with you there. It has a nicely lengthed story (that you'll have to play through twice to play every mission), has over 20 different aircraft to use, a bunch of extra unlockable challenge missions (which are seperate from the story mode), an achievement system, nice looking graphics (the snowy mountain areas are particularly jaw dropping), some of the best use of the 3D (especially in "cockpit" mode), and has only gotten positive reviews.

Despite all that though, for some reason no one seems to know it exists.

Oh no! I have it and love it. Problem is i was too into Kid Icarus at the time to give it the time it deserves.

As for everyone say Mario anything is underrated please stop! Since Mario 64 its been the most overrated franchise in gaming today. Minus the galaxy series! Mario needs a new direction please! Plus how does 3ds game of the year become underrated?! (3d land)

+1 about the Mario thing..

Edited on by Zowolffo

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

DreamyViridi

A game with good sales and reviews can still fall under the radar somehow, and for the record; an 'overrated' series can still have underrated gems. Much like how Zelda often has OoT overshadowing other good games like Wind Waker; certain Mario games will also overshadow others, when someone says 'Mario', people might say Mario 64 or Galaxy 1 / 2 without a second thought, ignoring anything else.

This is why I consider 3D Land an underrated game regardless; I'm well aware that other games deserve boosted attention, moreso than 3D Land, Kid Icarus: Uprising comes to mind. I'm sure that are underrated eShop games too, but I'm not interested in them.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Viridi's taking a break from Avi duty. Be nice to Peri. Or else...
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Drawdler

3D Land has a limited edition bundle with a white XL system... Not that that's enough to make it not-underrated, but I mean that I still see it getting advertized and mentioned a fair bit...

Kyloctopus wrote:

Sonic Generations: This doesn't have a very great amount of Sonic levels that have depth, but it does have plenty of collectables, and missions. Over 50 music tracks (that can be heard with headphones while the 3DS is closed) 32 illustrations, 18 3D models all referencing games from the past 21 years of Sonic. It also comes with a nice card feature. A Sonic fan shouldn't pass on this.

I actually agree with this and I'm not even a Sonic fan. I really like the environments in this game as well and the online is great with a friend too. I'm a total Sonic noob but I did have a fun time with Generations 3DS and I'm not sure why it got so much hate.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Emaan

So to further argue Kid Icarus: Uprising gets little to no recognition. IGN's Game of the Year awards for 3DS include nothing on this game. If anything, it deserved best overall 3DS music.

Oh well. I guess we have no reason to wonder why it'll never get a sequel anyways.

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

So to further argue Kid Icarus: Uprising gets little to no recognition. IGN's Game of the Year awards for 3DS include nothing on this game. If anything, it deserved best overall 3DS music.

Oh well. I guess we have no reason to wonder why it'll never get a sequel anyways.

That is a crime!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rayword45

They've always.been hard on the game.

They ranked it #9, while Star Fox lazy port version got #4

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

SCAR

My brother doesn't even use the 3D screen that often, but actually prefered using it on Super Mario 3D Land, because of the extra depth it brings to seeing the objects in the game, which proves the 3D features do help in depth percepeption if used correctly/creatively. I use the 3D regardless(it doesn't bother me), and I also don't think any game is underrated for 3DS.

$¢@®

New_3DaSh_XL

Emaan wrote:

So to further argue Kid Icarus: Uprising gets little to no recognition. IGN's Game of the Year awards for 3DS include nothing on this game. If anything, it deserved best overall 3DS music.

Oh well. I guess we have no reason to wonder why it'll never get a sequel anyways.

I can't even believe it. IGN, stop being so... so critical!

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Emaan wrote:

So to further argue Kid Icarus: Uprising gets little to no recognition. IGN's Game of the Year awards for 3DS include nothing on this game. If anything, it deserved best overall 3DS music.

Oh well. I guess we have no reason to wonder why it'll never get a sequel anyways.

Off we go in search of a weapon to blast IGN's troll face to oblivion!

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Emaan

Seriously though, it wasn't even a nomination.

/me goes off and rants at IGN's headquarters.

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

SheldonRandoms

3Dash wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Seriously though, it wasn't even a nomination.

/me goes off and rants at IGN's headquarters.

/me follows @Emaan

I'm also joining in this rant.

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/ (I review stuff here, check it out : P )

I love to rev up those fryers!

Ristar the Shooting Star fanboy!

I gave birth to Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'm a kangaroo!

I'M SWELLTASTIC!

SHELDONRANDOMS X UNDEAD_TERROR IN ALL CAPS LOCK GLORY!!!

Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic