Forums

Topic: Underrated 3DS games

Posts 161 to 180 of 180

Mordresh

Spy Hunter for the 3DS. Maybe it's my appreciation for the (imo legendary) arcade original.
Its not an 8+ game, more like a 7, but its certainly entertaining and not as horrendous as some reviews indicate.

Mordresh

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9395-5387 | Nintendo Network ID: Mordresh

SheldonRandoms

I recently found a copy of rhythm thief & the emperor's treasure, this was the first time I saw it in a gamestop and I picked it up and bought it, and it is a great game, shame it didn't get the attention it should have had.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SarcasticWisdom

Gretski wrote:

In my opinion, I think Ridge Racer 3D and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! deserve more credit/fame. Both are very solid and fun titles.

I agree with Adventure Time

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Crysos61

SarcasticWisdom wrote:

Gretski wrote:

In my opinion, I think Ridge Racer 3D and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! deserve more credit/fame. Both are very solid and fun titles.

I agree with Adventure Time

Yeah I played the demo for Adventure Time and was instantly sold, Not so sure about Ridge Racer that game didn't really deserve any praise.

Crysos61

3DS Friend Code: 4656-5929-6441

Drawdler

Actually, I'd go so far as to say Miracle Mask is underrated because I'm never hearing anyone talk about it, but I get the hunch I'm wrong on that. Then again, I think the whole series needs a bit more love outside of Japan.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

kkslider5552000

Nibelilt wrote:

Actually, I'd go so far as to say Miracle Mask is underrated because I'm never hearing anyone talk about it, but I get the hunch I'm wrong on that. Then again, I think the whole series needs a bit more love outside of Japan.

the first Professor Layton game sold 5 million copies

most of which were from American sales IIRC

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

the first Professor Layton game sold 5 million copies

most of which were from American sales IIRC

According to VG Chartz, Europe is where it sells the most. Course, take it with a mountain of salt, since it's VG Chartz.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

PinkSpider

Did anyone know Spyhunter had been released in the U.K? I thought it skipped us

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Pokefanmum82

i think doctor lautrec and the forgotten knights is an underrated game. i love it and am addicted to it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

CanisWolfred

DestinyMan wrote:

Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion. Sure, it has missed potential. It could've been a lot longer and have less backtracking and fetch quests, but I still find it enjoyable and it's a great homage to retro Disney video games. Reviews, especially NL's, have been too harsh in my book. This game should've gotten a 6 at least.

Agreed.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SonicTheBluBlur

I think Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate is underrated. The reason most critics hated it is because they disliked the controls. I think they are good. You don't have to hold a button down to run (although having only two speeds on an analog pad is a downside). IGN HATED it but the community put it in their upper-8's. At least one thing is right on that site (for future reference, IGN doesn't give quality reviews; always come to THIS SITE FIRST because its writers know what they're talking about).

SonicTheBluBlur

DualWielding

Kingdom Hearts 3D, it has got decent reviews and has sold relatively well but for some reason always gets ignored when people make top 3DS game lists and it deserves to be in there.

PSN: Fertheseeker

3DSAllDay

Bit Trip Saga, Its only $15 and it has a metacritic score of 75 and for what you are paying for it you are getting a lot of content for your buck.

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

RR529

ferthepoet wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 3D, it has got decent reviews and has sold relatively well but for some reason always gets ignored when people make top 3DS game lists and it deserves to be in there.

I'm a huge KH fan, so don't take this the wrong way, but I can kind of understand.

I think it's a great game, and I like it more than the two DS entries, but there are at least 4 other 3DS games I like more.

The gameplay was great, the production values were top notch, I loved the secret boss, and the final world was 100% epic from beginning to end.

On the downside, none of the new worlds did anything for me (except Country of Musketeers), the final world is only awesome if you're already a fan, and there isn't much else to do outside of the main story besides the optional boss fights & finding any chests you may have missed. (The Dream Eater card battling mini-game didn't do anything for me, and link portals felt like a way to artificially lengthen game time).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dpishere

As others have said I feel the Super Mario 3D Land is underrated, though mainly just from the fans. It is my second favorite Mario game ever and excluding New Super Mario Bros 2 and New Super Mario Bros U, I have played all of them. The only ones I feel could be better would have to be either World or 64 and that is a toss up between them. I also feel that Dillon's Rolling Western : The Last Ranger is a bit underrated critically, and after putting over 50 hours into it I can say it is my favorite E-Shop only title released thus far. I am really hoping there will be another installment in the franchise in the future!

Super Mario Maker 2 Levels:

A Frolic through the Forest
M5T-48G-5XF

The Trials of the Haunted House
4VR-6KC-Q1G

Platforming Peril
LCS-S3G-XQG

3DS Friend Code: 2251-6206-1680 | Nintendo Network ID: Dpishere

Spoony_Tech

Not this debate again!? 3d land was and never will be underrated by its fans or anybody. Its one of the highest rated 3ds games still even after 2 years. As I've said before if anything its well overrated by many.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Klimbatize

Yeah, I'm not seeing how Super Mario 3D Land is underrated. It's always on the list of "Top 3DS Games" on most sites, and it was reviewed well. Though fun, the game is incredibly easy so it doesn't have much replay value for me. I beat it when it first came out, and recently went back to it to see if I'd want to play through it again, but a lot of it feels like a slog because there's so little challenge. You're just going through the motions, really.

It's a solid game that seems to be rated just fine by most people/critics.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.