Forums

Topic: Underrated 3DS games

Posts 101 to 120 of 180

Hokori

Well it depends, how many gamers are there in the world total? Take that total to how many people hav the game, and it could be underrated even if it's over a million a million in far fewer then 25 million, now with KIU let's see there's 22 million 3DSes out there, so I'd say if it hasn't sold 10million yet then it's underrated

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

moomoo

Hokori wrote:

Well it depends, how many gamers are there in the world total? Take that total to how many people hav the game, and it could be underrated even if it's over a million a million in far fewer then 25 million, now with KIU let's see there's 22 million 3DSes out there, so I'd say if it hasn't sold 10million yet then it's underrated

That's like saying Glee is an underated show because most people that own TV's don't watch it.

People have varying tastes in games, yourself included. Not everyone is going to like a game like Kid Icarus Uprising. Let's say someone has an XL and is lefthanded. Then there's people who don't like shooting stuff. Then there's people who just flat out don't use their 3DS systems. Then there's people who don't have a lot of money.

By your logic, absolutely every game ever made except for Wii Sports is underated.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

rayword45

Expecting that many sales for basically a new IP (last KI games was 2 decades ago) is unrealistic when the highest selling game hasn't hit 7 million. That's what screwed over the Atari 2600 and video games as a whole. Unrealistic expectations for E.T. and Pac-Man plus the fact that the games sucked.

Granted, I think KI should get at least double the sales (2 million would be a satisfactory mark) and at least 7 more points on Metacritic.

@moomoo A. People need to pick up their 3DS B. I don't like shooters but I loved KI (many people have said the same) C. It's $20 less then a typical console retail game, and goes for some pretty low prices at times (got mine for $15)

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Hokori

moomoo wrote:

Hokori wrote:

That's like saying Glee is an underated show because most people that own TV's don't watch it.

People have varying tastes in games, yourself included. Not everyone is going to like a game like Kid Icarus Uprising. Let's say someone has an XL and is lefthanded. Then there's people who don't like shooting stuff. Then there's people who just flat out don't use their 3DS systems. Then there's people who don't have a lot of money.

By your logic, absolutely every game ever made except for Wii Sports is underated.

And COD EVERY OPS WARFAIR THING, NSMB, Wii Fit, Aports Resort, SMB, SMB3 ect.

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Hokori

No I ment selling a lot

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

moomoo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hokori wrote:

No I ment selling a lot

Then you did not pay one lick of attention to what moomoo said.

That's what I was hoping for.
Seriously, no game has ever had the kind of attatchment rate that @Hokori wanted for Kid Icarus: Uprising, except for Wii Sports and possibly Halo: Combat Evolved during the XBOX's first year of release (and I know that the game lost that after a while, too.) COD, though having high sales, doesn't have every other person buying each entry, as well as any other War FPS or 2D Mario game.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Hokori

I did actually XL, left hands, shooting, those things ok maybe not 10 million, but KIU IS UNDERRTAED

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

CanisWolfred

It sold a million units (which is phenominal for a portable reboot of a franchise that was never that popular to begin with), and it's the 10th highest ranking 3DS game on Metacritics, 9th if you don't count Colors 3D since that's not actually a game. What more do you want?

OT: Crush 3D is underrated. It sold poorly as a PSP game, but I loved it on that console. Now it's on a system that better supports its unique playstyle, and it sells less (please note it barely sold anything on the PSP, so that's pretty dire)? That is just plain sad.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

rayword45

I would like it to be best-selling ga'me and at least a 95 on Metacritic.
Okay, unrealistic, but at the very least it should sell double the units and get more then a goddamn 83. F*** you Jim Sterling.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

It sold a million units (which is phenominal for a portable reboot of a franchise that was never that popular to begin with), and it's the 10th highest ranking 3DS game on Metacritics, 9th if you don't count Colors 3D since that's not actually a game. What more do you want?

OT: Crush 3D is underrated. It sold poorly as a PSP game, but I loved it on that console. Now it's on a system that better supports its unique playstyle, and it sells less (please note it barely sold anything on the PSP, so that's pretty dire)? That is just plain sad.

Uprising sold a million copies?!?! When did that happen! sniffle That's my boy, Pit! :,)

rayword45

0.95 copies thus far actually. But that number will increase I promise you that. Still better then Sin and Punishment at just over a quarter-million.

And yes, Crush3D is tied with Nano Assault in my eyes as the most underrated title on the 3DS (excluding Uprising), and Nano Assault is going on the eShop so that won't be tied for long.

I think they should do what they did with Bit.Trip SAGA. Release for around $10-15 on the eShop. Also you should never make a game a GameStop exclusive, when they promote and profit most off of pre-owned games.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kkslider5552000

On one hand, any not guaranteed insta-success games (see: AAA sequels) on a Nintendo system selling well is more than I expect anymore. But I do maintain that it is 3DS' definitive must-have title and should still do better than it has because of that.

However if it makes you feel any better, compare it to Code of Princess supposed sales via VGchartz. It could always be soooo much worse is what I'm saying.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

rayword45 wrote:

I would like it to be best-selling ga'me and at least a 95 on Metacritic.
Okay, unrealistic, but at the very least it should sell double the units and get more then a goddamn 83. F*** you Jim Sterling.

I'd say that 83 reflects the actual likeliness of a person enjoying it, to be honest. You forget that controls are actually pretty important to a lot of people, and not everyone has the patience to see it through. Not to mention not everyone's gonna like the mission structure, the cheesy dialogue, the story, the simplistic characters, the gameplay style. There's a lot to potentially dislike, so I'd say that's actually generous. That's just one man's opinion, though, but I think the fact that there are a number of critics who didn't like it means that chances are good that there are other people who aren't going to like it, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Skitrules

I disagree with everyone who is saying Kid Icarus Uprising and Super Mario 3D Land are underrated I mean people talk about those games so much and always say their the best games ever and its annoying because their not and they get so much attention. In my opinion two games i think are underrated are Virtues last reward and Professor Layton Miracle mask both these games are wonderful games have great stories, great gameplay, and great ratings and some people will never even bother to take a second look at them in a store.

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

rayword45

Comparably, almost the entire user response I've seen has been positive, excluding a few people who couldn't get used to the controls. However, compared to the critical ratings, that's much, much less common. Plus other games with clunky controls (GTA, Bit.Trip BEAT on Wii, Bionic Commando Rearmed XBOX version) got equal or greater praise.

And I don't understand the rest. Cheesy dialogue/story/characters? You can turn off the sound, and I found the campy nature of the dialogue to be enjoyable, While that's based off opinion, you really shouldn't expect the dialogue to be serious (thankfully it's not, too many games these days have you laughing at what should be serious).

Mission structure/gameplay style? While I can get down with that, that's like saying "Madden deserves a 60 because a lot of people find it to be not fun and just another rehash."

The graphics and music are undeniably awesome (or, if you don't like the soundtrack, you must admit it's of top-notch quality (see MadWorld)). There's a crapton of lasting appeal, and the difficulty curve is just fine.

The main flaws I see (such as death forcing you to play on an easier difficulty,MUCH MORE annoying before you can quit and keep your hearts and some loot), would detract it down to a 9.5 at least, but again, just my opinion.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

rayword45

Miracle Mask sold very well thus far like every other Layton (except you can't pirate this one). Can't speak about VLR since VGChartz only tracks Japanese sales, but Aksys is very satisfied with sales of 999, I'd assume same for this.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Skitrules

What i was saying is I'm almost positive Kid Icarus Uprising got more sales than both of these games and I think both of them are better and they get hardly as much recognition as Kid Icarus or 3D land.

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

rayword45

Well, Kid Icarus had more time then Layton, and I'm pretty sure Miracle Mask sells much faster and will stay that way (At least catching up to DS predecessors).

VLR got too much critical praise IMO (far more then Kid Icarus), but that's subjective. USA sales aren't tracked, but this is a niche game, so it's success should be based purely off of Aksys's expectations.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.