But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Geonjaha

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Despite how much some of you may love playing games on iOS - it's just a fact that many games dont play as well on it. Games that require d-pad control and A/B/X/Y buttons are horribly cramped onto the screen, and you cant cater to every style of game in terms of control with just a touch screen, despite what you may like to believe, especially when playing on an iPod Touch or iPhone.

I think you're mistaking your own lack of ability with a definitive truth there.

I've been playing iOS games long enough now that, if anything, physical buttons annoy me more, as they cause RSI - especially considering how many of them I play.

No surprise you'd be the first to mistakenly say that touch screen controls on a small screen are better than every other control method. You may be used to them, but trying to emulate a DS' controls with only a small touchscreen can never control as well as the DS itself. Just like iOS games dont port as well to the DS for controls - the reverse is true. The control methods are very different, and unless the fundamental game design is changed - it doesnt handle as well.

I play plenty of iOS games - many of which try to use control schemes similar to the DS, and they dont handle as well - so no, it doesnt just come down to my personal ability. You may like to think that your favourite platform can play all games very well, but a touch screen - especially one not as large as an iPad's is very limiting.

iPad has a small touch screen now? Or has it got a large one? You seem to be confused in your rant there.

Nah bro, you're just no good at touch screen controls. Your problem, not the iPad's. It's cool that it's not for you, the beauty of electronics is everyone has a choice. But don't go pretending your experience is a definitive truth. It just makes you look silly.

Lol..You trying to pretend your iDevice is best at everything is the real embarassment here...
When a defense sinks as low as 'oh - you're just not good at it' I cant help but be amused.
I never said iPad has a small touch screen - I said the touch screens for iPhone and iTouch and explicitly said NOT the iPad. The confusion lies in you not understanding what I'm saying.
If you're carrying around an iPad it has plenty of room to get the controls right - the only downside of playing your games on that is that it cant fit in your pocket - and not everyone is looking for such a large portable gaming device.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

theblackdragon

@Jamouse: really? was that necessary?

@Geonjaha: in terms of games like TWEWY though, the only time you really use buttons is in battle, and you pretty much spam them for the upper screen and direct Neku about/use pins on the lower with gestures from the stylus. they've tweaked the battle system so that it works on the one screen already, so the partner thing is taken care of, but for everything else, I don't see how having a touch-screen is so horrible — especially for DS game ports, since the DS has a touchscreen anyway. Navi brought up Ghost Trick, which is another great example of a game that can be entirely controlled via a touchscreen with no problem and behaves rather well on an iDevice. I can definitely see the issue for stuff like fighters, platformers, or other games that traditionally use buttons for input, but for TWEWY touchscreen controls seem like they'd be pretty natural.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

A game like this would work well on an Ipad. All you have to do then is move the character with the touchscreen like you would normally do. Can't say for sure about an Iphone or Itouch, but sounds like the screen space would be a little cramped with those thumbs blocking the screen. I find this argument to be quite pointless really. Just use the device you prefer, Different games suit different platforms more than others. This one just works for both, because of it's use of the touch screen.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@Applejacklove: i am having the creepiest moment of deja-vu now because i swear i saw you post that exact same comment somewhere else, like days ago D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Terave

The game itself doesn't look that bad: The improved graphics and music are a welcome addition, however, for the battle system, that's a no for me. The double screen usage was something special about TWEWY. Even if I had an iPad, I wouldn't get this. Not that it's a bad game, but still, I just prefer the DS version.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

TheDreamingHawk

theblackdragon wrote:

@moomoo: what's the big deal about Apple supporting their current-gen devices as opposed to devices from previous generations? No one's screaming because 3DS games aren't coming out for the DS, or Vita games for the PSP... i don't get it o___o;

PLEASE tell me you are joking. Go on Nintendo's Youtube or Facebook page and read the comments on posts advertising NSMB2. They always have a dumb comment like: "will it work in the DSi by cutting the edge off i cant afford a 3ds cuz its the exact same" Or something like that.

To be honest though, Apple goes overboard on upgrades, every year it seems like you have to buy the new model in order to play an app. I mean, I still have my Ipod touch 2nd gen, and on every app I go to buy I get a message saying "You don't have a graphics chip" Or something like that BS. Nintendo does it right as they don't upgrade every year or so, instead the newer models and Colors being completely optional while Allowing you to enjoy all of the 3DS/Wii U games you could on other systems. The DS had a 8 year lifespan so it was long and reasonable to move on, but the Ipad 2 came out last year and now they already have a newer model that is required just to play a small selection of apps.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Hokori

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

@moomoo: what's the big deal about Apple supporting their current-gen devices as opposed to devices from previous generations? No one's screaming because 3DS games aren't coming out for the DS, or Vita games for the PSP... i don't get it o___o;

PLEASE tell me you are joking. Go on Nintendo's Youtube or Facebook page and read the comments on posts advertising NSMB2. They always have a dumb comment like: "will it work in the DSi by cutting the edge off i cant afford a 3ds cuz its the exact same" Or something like that.

To be honest though, Apple goes overboard on upgrades, every year it seems like you have to buy the new model in order to play an app. I mean, I still have my Ipod touch 2nd gen, and on every app I go to buy I get a message saying "You don't have a graphics chip" Or something like that BS. Nintendo does it right as they don't upgrade every year or so, instead the newer models and Colors being completely optional while Allowing you to enjoy all of the 3DS/Wii U games you could on other systems. The DS had a 8 year lifespan so it was long and reasonable to move on, but the Ipad 2 came out last year and now they already have a newer model that is required just to play a small selection of apps.

Exactly that's one reason I can't take iPhones as a dedicated gaming system, because the release them EVERY year, that and they seem to be only apps, even squares games are like that, because I'll admit by looking at my activity log, I've only played crono trigger, FFIII, TWEWY, for 5 min at a time, though that's my fault, but still RPGS are great for 5 min type games, it's just your more likely to come back to an RPG later on rather then angry birds

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

zezhyrule

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Yeah. She's talking about people who aren't dumb noobs youtube commenters

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

moomoo

zezhyrule wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Yeah. She's talking about people who aren't dumb noobs youtube commenters

I think you said it wrong zez. It's dumb noobs/youtube commentors.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

Guys, guys. 3D Yoshi's Island game. Imagine it.

...wait this isn't that other topic? ...you sure?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

Oh wait, so this game everyone seems to love is coming to the iPad?

I would totally download it just because there's a bet involved... But to be honest I can't say the game interests me enough.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bankai

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

And new PC hardware comes out every week. Apple's hit a pretty good balance between hardware improvements and longevity given that the space it's operating in wouldn't be able to sell obsoleted technology.

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

This. I hate vector art. Makes things look and feel ridiculously cheap. The original TWEWY had some awesome pixel art:Untitled

It has a charm that (I personally believe) simply can't be matched by vector art.though to be fair, TWEWY's vector art looks better than most.

I actually think it looks much cleaner with the Vector Art. With the pixels it looks all grainy and unrefined. Granted that picture was blown up, but it would be blown up on the iPad, too, and IMO, it would just look awful.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

yeah, but no one here thinks people are justified for saying those things — we all think they're being silly. and yet for this situation, when the choice was made to support current-gen technology, people have flipped the hell out and call it a bad decision, lol. that was my point.

BEST THREAD EVER

moomoo

To anyone who knows, how does this game handle mingle mode? It was basically streetpass before streetpass existed. It allowed for leveling up pins and evolving certain kinds.

Oh, and I found this: "For those who were waiting for new developments for TWEWY, sorry to have kept you waiting. Solo Remix is a game with such a high level of completion that you won't feel that it's a port. If you play it and post Tweets to Twitter, the world will expand even further. We're working on a variety of other things, but first please enjoy Solo Remix." - TWEWY director Tatsuya Kando
Link: http://andriasang.com/con2fh/twewy_other_stuff/

I refuse to get excited a second time, SE. Personally, when I see, "working on other things," I don't know if he means TWEWY or Kingdom Hearts or whatever else.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Lunapplebloom

@theblackdragon Oh, really? Sorry to cause you to second guess yourself. I may have commented similarly to some other thread, but not an exact copy. I just find when it comes to these things that it is just down to personal preference. Though since this is a Nintendo site, and I am a Nintendo fanboy, I lean towards wanting it on a Nintendo system. And it already has been, so it makes no difference really.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

@Applejacklove: lol it's no problem, it just weirded me out for a minute and that was all because i could've sworn i'd seen it days ago :3

Lol, that happens to me a couple times, too. Actually, I've had a lot of deja vu in my life, even before things got repetitive...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.