Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 441 to 446 of 446

kkslider5552000

yeah, I didn't realize it until I finally beat the game last year, but I think The World Ends With You's battles are my favorite use of the dual screens. That 2nd playthrough when I beat the game, I had put over 55 hours (thx 3DS) into the game and the battles never felt old. That's like a miracle for a JRPG. Even Xenoblade's battles can get old, especially if you use the same character for more than an hour or 2 in a row.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomoo

Anyone know the sales figures for this? It's not on the app store charts at all, not even in the top 200 games. It's been that way pretty much after the first week and a half after release. You'd think people would buy this for their new iPhone 5 and ipod touch 5.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

You'd think people would buy this for their new iPhone 5 and ipod touch 5.

I believe I said a while ago that the game wasn't that successful on DS. And it doesn't seem to even be one of those games that every nerd demands everyone knows the existance of like say, Phoenix Wright or Persona or Touhou, so even compared to those niche titles, not a ton of people have heard about it or really cared that much to seek it out. I mean it's not necessarily the most obscure game ever and the crossover in a Kingdom Hearts game will likely help but I really don't believe this remake was all that worthwhile, especially considering the amount of effort put into it (all things considered).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomoo

kkslider5552000 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

You'd think people would buy this for their new iPhone 5 and ipod touch 5.

I believe I said a while ago that the game wasn't that successful on DS. And it doesn't seem to even be one of those games that every nerd demands everyone knows the existance of like say, Phoenix Wright or Persona or Touhou, so even compared to those niche titles, not a ton of people have heard about it or really cared that much to seek it out. I mean it's not necessarily the most obscure game ever and the crossover in a Kingdom Hearts game will likely help but I really don't believe this remake was all that worthwhile, especially considering the amount of effort put into it (all things considered).

It was making quite a bit of money for the first week or so it was out. Considering they charged Square Enix tax and didn't have to put resources into making a new game, and instead put those resources towards redoing the graphics, I'd say it was profitable. Granted, I don't think it sold crazy well.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.