Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 261 to 280 of 446

Justaguest

I wonder if she/he replied. But whatever. Sorry if I caused troubles!

Justaguest

theblackdragon

it's all right, guys — this has been an understandably disappointing announcement for many, myself included. here's hoping enough interest is inspired into iFans for a sequel to be produced eventually :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

it's all right, guys — this has been an understandably disappointing announcement for many, myself included. here's hoping enough interest is inspired into iFans for a sequel to be produced eventually :3

Lets hope it reaches multiple consoles so more people are happy, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

I still think SE should have used a different advertising tactic for this. Instead of exciting TWEWY fans, they should have tried to excite iOS owners. Their countdown timer should have shown what platform this was for. Or even better yet, just do something different. Maybe announce it and drip certain features about it, like Smash Bros Brawl did, but over a 7 day period.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand hyping this in the manner SE did so for what they were releasing.

OlympicCho wrote:

Simple maths equation, here - make a game for a hundred million or so, or make a game for ten thousand or so rabid fans.

[/div]

Yes, because the only people who buy sequels are those who loved the original game. Oh wait. No, that's not right at all.
I bought Assassin's Creed 2 without buying the first one.
Many PS3 owners bought Mass Effect 2 despite never having the first one available on their platform.
I could keep spouting examples, but you get the point.

Also, for the record, its not like this works on all i-devices. No ipod touch, no iphone 3gs and under, no iPad 1. So its not as big an audience as you think. Another thing to note is that of all those people, they have to be intersted in buying games, and then they have to be interested in something niche like this, and then they have to shell out the money to buy the most expensive game on the app store.

I'm willing to bet that this game will not have sold as well on iOS over the course of a year then it did on the DS if there is no price drop.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I actually hope TWEWY 2 is multiplatform. If they did this, they'd make more people happy.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Happy_Mask

Lol. I don't even know what this is but apparently it's a big deal? But few RPGs gain my approval.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Joeynator3000

...Who would've thought this thread would turn into some big argument? :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MDee14

Well the news is very disappointing. The only positive thing about this was...the teaser was cool and the remix track. Hopefully with the reaction around this news, they would see that a sequel is needed

Check me out on TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/MDee14

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2541-8522 | Nintendo Network ID: MDee14 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

MDee14 wrote:

Well the news is very disappointing. The only positive thing about this was...the teaser was cool and the remix track. Hopefully with the reaction around this news, they would see that a sequel is needed

[/div]

If S-E actually went off of fan reaction, we wouldn't have FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3. No, sales are what they're gonna want, here.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hokori

Think about this.... There are more Square Enix fans then there are Square Enix fans with an idevise, right?
Also.., no iPad one? I can't play it
Also imagine a picture of Ness, Lucas, and Ninten with updated graphics and a little 3DS logo in the corner, what would you think it was?
Mother Trilogy for 3DS?
They have that up for weeks and then finally reveal it as......... THOSE CHARCTERS PLAYABLE IN SSB3D

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Retro_on_theGo

Waiting for a sale but it already has a perfect 5 star score from 42 reviews. Nice. The artwork looks wonderful too. I'm tempted to get this. But I'll definitely wait for a sale.
@Waltz How are the touch screen controls? Are they nice and responsive? I hate the thought of playing a touch screen game without a stylus.

retired_account

OlympicCho wrote:

Moomoo, the game is already 53 on the sales charts, and that's before it's even featured on new & noteworthy. It's going to be a big hit on iOS. This is fact.

That's including all apps, btw. It's currently sitting at number 28 in the Games category, and 99% of everything above it is in the $1-$3 range.

retired_account

Bankai

pixelman wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Moomoo, the game is already 53 on the sales charts, and that's before it's even featured on new & noteworthy. It's going to be a big hit on iOS. This is fact.

[/div]

That's including all apps, btw. It's currently sitting at number 28 in the Games category, and 99% of everything above it is in the $1-$3 range.

Different region, I think. That's 53 in games in Australia. Probably because the DS original sold like 10 copies here, and the same level of brand recognition is not there

moomoo

@Waltz Not in my area, it's not. It's at 124. I understand it doing well in your area because games are freakishly expensive over there, but for the rest of the world part of that is gone. It's really hard for a game that isn't free-to-play or a dollar to stay on the top grossing place for a very long time. And TWEWY is $20. That's pretty insane, and uniformed fans of idevices are simply going to see it as extremely expensive.
Considering TWEWY sold 650,000 copies world wide (almost completely in NA and Japan, actually) I am willing to bet that this version of the game will not exceed that number within the course of a year without a price cut.

Yes, games can debut very high, but it's very hard for games to stay relevant at that price without sales. It's not that I don't think it won't be a sucess, far from it, but I don't think it will do as well as it did on the DS (at least in Japan and the U.S. In other areas it will probably outsell the DS version simply because those territories just didn't buy it).
Just look at Chaos Rings 2. It debued really high, and yet it's not even on the top 200 in the games section. Look at Horn. It's an awesome game, yet it's at 146 in the games section in my area, and it was definitely higher last week. Without a sale, this game is going to lose relevancy fast, and it doesn't help that it only works on 3 devices right now (iphone 4, 4S, and ipad 2). I just don't see this passing 650,000 like the DS version.

EDIT I actually think its kind of cool how games do differently in certain areas. I'm fascinated, really.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

@Waltz Not in my area, it's not. It's at 124. I understand it doing well in your area because games are freakishly expensive over there, but for the rest of the world part of that is gone. It's really hard for a game that isn't free-to-play or a dollar to stay on the top grossing place for a very long time. And TWEWY is $20. That's pretty insane, and uniformed fans of idevices are simply going to see it as extremely expensive.
Considering TWEWY sold 650,000 copies world wide (almost completely in NA and Japan, actually) I am willing to bet that this version of the game will not exceed that number within the course of a year without a price cut.

Yes, games can debut very high, but it's very hard for games to stay relevant at that price without sales. It's not that I don't think it won't be a sucess, far from it, but I don't think it will do as well as it did on the DS (at least in Japan and the U.S. In other areas it will probably outsell the DS version simply because those territories just didn't buy it).
Just look at Chaos Rings 2. It debued really high, and yet it's not even on the top 200 in the games section. Look at Horn. It's an awesome game, yet it's at 146 in the games section in my area, and it was definitely higher last week. Without a sale, this game is going to lose relevancy fast, and it doesn't help that it only works on 3 devices right now (iphone 4, 4S, and ipad 2). I just don't see this passing 650,000 like the DS version.

shh, too much logic. Need not apply.

I would never get a butchered port like this. Now excuse me while I go back to MGS3D (irony hurhur).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bankai

Of course an expensive game is going to drop down the charts pretty quickly (with the exception of FFIII, apparently), but I think you misunderstand the scope of iProducts. One or two weeks of being high in the charts is more than enough to sell as well, if not better, than a limited-run DS game.

Wait and see what happens when Apple features the game in New & Noteworthy. I'm certain it's going to have a good enough week that it really doesn't matter if it drops off after that.

And SE do occasionally have sales, which nearly always boosts their games well and truly back up the charts.

CanisWolfred

moomoo wrote:

I don't think you understand just how important first-day sales are to the game industry. They're almost always higher than the sales down the road.

Staying in the top 200 after being released in March is pretty effing good, too, considering how oversaturated the iOS market is.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

why are we already talking price cuts? give it at least a couple months before expecting it to go on sale for goodness' sake.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

moomoo

@Mickeymac I do understand the importance of first day sales in my territory. TWEWY sold so well in the U.S within its initial release that a second shipment of the game had to be made. About 2/3 of TWEWY's lifetime sales came from North America.
I just don't see this version of the game selling as well, especially in the U.S. where a good amount of people who wanted to play this game have already played the game on DS.
Do you really think this game will have the same kind of sales numbers?

Best thread ever

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.