Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 241 to 260 of 446

Aqueous

I've passed Midnight. The timer broke. I hope for you guys it will change over as more time zones reach the next day, instead of just more broken timer images.
Good Luck The World Ends With You fans.

Edit: Seems it might be this? http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashiki-solo-remix/en/
2012/8/27"The World Ends with You -Solo Remix-" On sale starting Aug.27
2012/8/20Teaser Site Launched

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Adhrast

No no no wait, the clock's still ticking? I'm in Italy and the counter's broken, as in the numbers are not showing.
How does it look like, there in the US?
Can we expect a REAL announcement or we have to believe that Square-Enix is gone completely mad?

Edited on by Adhrast

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

6ch6ris6

no more announcements. just ios port of the first ds-game

gaming is dead. i hate smartphones

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Adhrast

I've read that it's just the old mobile versione of the countdown site, can anyone confirm?

Adhrast

Bankai

So, I know this is completely inappropriate of me, but I actually dared to, you know, download the game and play it before passing judgement on it.

Guess what folks? It's awesome. Nice big iPad, glorious HD art, funky music, intuitive controls. I know it's hard to imagine a game could actually play well on anything other than a Nintendo console, but there you go.

Noob_The_Third

OlympicCho wrote:

So, I know this is completely inappropriate of me, but I actually dared to, you know, download the game and play it before passing judgement on it.

Guess what folks? It's awesome. Nice big iPad, glorious HD art, funky music, intuitive controls. I know it's hard to imagine a game could actually play well on anything other than a Nintendo console, but there you go.

I hate it when people say that if it's not a Nintendo console it's stupid.

Adhrast

Well I've played some games on iDevices, and I can't say they're bad, quite the contrary, in fact.
The problem is, SE created a huge amount of hype over a port, that's where the problem is.
That's the problem I have with all this mess, anyway.

Adhrast

JustAnotherUser

I see Square Enix have priced it properly (£20) and not like some cheap garbage (69p).
Despite being annoyed it's iDevices only (because obviously android is garbage and only people who don't know any better use it - pst.. that was sarcasm) I would buy it if I had an iPad.

@Adhrast Exactly. If they would have announced it from the beginning instead of making a HUGE deal out of it, a lot of people would be a lot happier.
Although seeing The World Ends With You in HD is a big deal...

Thinking about it, it's mainly our fault for hyping it to be something else.

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

Noob_The_Third

Adhrast wrote:

Well I've played some games on iDevices, and I can't say they're bad, quite the contrary, in fact.
The problem is, SE created a huge amount of hype over a port, that's where the problem is.

Teaser website

Adhrast

I'm not saying that it's a huge problem that they're selling a TWEWY remake on iOS, I'm even happy for all the ones who can play it.
I repeat myself, my problem is that they made a big deal out of the announce of a port, and this is something they never did before (and there was actually no need to...)

EDIT: how the hell does the word "teaser" change anything? As stated before, all pointed towards a TWEWY sequel, and we only get an iOS port. Could you try to understand how the fans feel? Cheated, that's how we feel.

Edited on by Adhrast

Adhrast

Denkou

Alien_Mosky wrote:

again:
Teaser website.

Fans have been waiting for a sequel for years. When they see a teaser site, based on what I discussed in my last post, its natural to assume something bigger then a port.
Also, try explaining your point more. maybe that'll make you seem more logical and easier to debate with.

NO

Bankai

Well, the good news for Square Enix is that there are more iOS fans than TWEWY fans.

Simple maths equation, here - make a game for a hundred million or so, or make a game for ten thousand or so rabid fans.

The game debuted at #60 on the iOS charts, and that's before Apple has even promoted it by putting it in the 'games of the week' section. I am pretty comfortable making this statement - Square Enix put the eggs in the right basket.

Rejoice! This thing is going to sell well enough that there may well be a TWEWY sequel. Admittedly it might be on the iOS platforms too, but for anyone with iPads and 3DS', that's still putting it on the right platform.

CanisWolfred

Adhrast wrote:

[/div]

Which is not uncommon for S-E. As TBD explained, they gotta sell their stuff, and hyping up even ports is not an uncommon tactic for S-E. Just recently they hyped, through various means, Final Fantasy Dimension (a port of a mobile game), Final Fantasy III PSP (Port of a DS remake of an NES game), Final Fantasy IV Collection (remastered version of FFIV and After Years), Chrono Trigger iOS...I know you guys don't get this news since none of it is on a Nintendo website, but still, this has been happening for a long time. This is just the first time its happened to you (maybe).

And as has been said quite a few times in this thread: The hype was self-generated, based on pure speculation. Yes, it was obviously TWEWY-related, but that's all that was concrete. The rest was all the fans' doing.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

Adhrast wrote:

[/div]

Which is not uncommon for S-E. As TBD explained, they gotta sell their stuff, and hyping up even ports is not an uncommon tactic for S-E. Just recently they hyped, through various means, Final Fantasy Dimension (a port of a mobile game), Final Fantasy III PSP (Port of a DS remake of an NES game), Final Fantasy IV Collection (remastered version of FFIV and After Years), Chrono Trigger iOS...I know you guys don't get this news since none of it is on a Nintendo website, but still, this has been happening for a long time. This is just the first time its happened to you (maybe).

+1

CanisWolfred

I should also mention that it's mission successful for Square-Enix. Now everyone knows there is a TWEWY port on iOS - not just the fans of TWEWY, but everyone who visits a forum with a thread like this, or a news site that covered it - and I'm sure OlympicCho isn't the only one who will download it, even if its just out of curiousity. So really, good work everyone. I wish more fans could guarantee the success of the series they love.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

guys, if all you want to do is get nasty, haul off and start insulting and ranting against your fellow users who are more open to this announcement than yourselves, do it elsewhere. that sort of thing is not kosher here at Nintendo Life, as per our Community Rules.

If I have to clean more bickering and/or in-fighting out of this thread, i may decide to hand down temp-bans. you have been warned.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Denkou

theblackdragon wrote:

guys, if all you want to do is get nasty, haul off and start insulting and ranting against your fellow users who are more open to this announcement than yourselves, do it elsewhere. that sort of thing is not kosher here at Nintendo Life, as per our Community Rules.

If I have to clean more bickering and/or in-fighting out of this thread, i may decide to hand down temp-bans. you have been warned.

Alright, I suppose I should offer an apology. I am merely frustrated, admittedly more than I should be and NL forums seems to be the only place I can find talking about this subject. My apologies for the trouble, blackdragon.

NO

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.