Forums

Topic: Transferring 3DS & DSi XL to 3DS XL is it Possible ?

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

XyVoX

what i mean is as ive already done a system transfer from my 3DS to my new 3DS XL and having tested out DS games on it i thought i may aswell trade in my DSi XL problem is if i do the system transfer will it allow me to keep all of the content already on the 3DS XL i already have from the previous transfer with the 3DS ?

Edited on by XyVoX

XyVoX

Hokori

If you mean can you transfer DSiWare titles after you do a 3DS transfer I believe the answer is YES, I've done multiple DSiWare transfers to a 3DS at different times, and the XL really isn't anything new besides size

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

DarkEdi

Then can you transfer multiple DSi but only one 3DS game system?

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Hokori

Yes you can transfer DSi more then once, and 5 times the limit for 3DS to 3DS, I don't think there's a limit for DSi, but maybe

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

k8sMum

i think the op is asking if he can physically transfer data from a DSi XL to a 3DS XL. i seriously doubt that is even possible, but those wiser than i may know better.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

XyVoX

EXACTLY Jumpman thats the question im after an answer for.

XyVoX

XyVoX

Mmm thats what i was afraid of, Bloody Nintendo its not difficult to figure out many people might have a 3DS & DSi system who would wish to transfer their purchases across to YOUR new 3DS XL, ridiculous oversight.

XyVoX

Pokefanmum82

That's not true. You can transfer DSiware one at a time onto a 3ds. It doesn't overwrite anything on the 3DS. You can do a custom transfer or a full transfer. I've done a custom transfer and have never lost the stuff that was on my 3DS.

here's the link:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_apps.js...

nowhere does it say that it will overwrite the data on the target 3DS system like it does for when transferring from a 3DS to another 3DS. So I think you should be fine.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

XyVoX

If thats the case that is FANTASTIC news, cheers

XyVoX

Pokefanmum82

it is the case. Tapping "Full Transfer" will transfer the Wi-Fi Configuration Data, Photos and Recordings, and any purchased Nintendo DSiWare.
Tapping "Custom Transfer" will allow you to select what you want to transfer to the Nintendo 3DS.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

LzWinky

This is why Nintendo's official cough site is so wonderful.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RupeeClock

I actually sent Nintendo an email enquiring about whether or not it would be possible to transfer DSiWare from two different DSi systems to my new 3DS XL.

Their response was just that this would not be possible. But from what I gather, I should just be able to safely transfer individual DSiWare titles straight over to my 3DS XL, right?

RupeeClock

Pokefanmum82

I have traded over individual DSiware games before and it works. I guess it depends on how many you are sending over because DSiware games are saved onto the system memory, not the SD card.

Finished the Alola Dex.

XyVoX

Well my memory is nearly full and i have 20 or so on the SD Card.

XyVoX

RupeeClock

That video doesn't elaborate on transferring DSiWare from a DSi/DSi XL to a 3DS/3DS XL though.

RupeeClock

XyVoX

Well i gave Nintendo a call and they have confirmed it is possible to transfer my DSi Ware games in the system memory & from the SD Card across to my 3DS XL without affecting my content from the previous transfer between the two 3DS's.

XyVoX

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.