3DS Forum

Topic: Things to worry about 3DS

Showing 101 to 112 of 112

AuthorMessage

Runic

101. Posted:

Let's take this one at a time.
Ports, ports and ports
I agree having too many ports will be boring, but if they upgrade the graphics I might still buy them.

Every game will try a 3D gimmic
This is a concern, but you can always turn off the 3D and developers have to make games to account for this.

Next to none 2D games (like the n64)
Agreed, but give it time. I am sure more will come. It hasn't even launched in the States yet.

Console-like games (like the psp)
Personally I hope we get a ton of console quality games. The better they look and the more sophisticated play the better.

Tons of shovelware (like the wii)
This is my major concern. The way to stop this is voting with your wallet. Don't buy crappy games. You only encourage them when you buy.

Too much focus on online
I think if Nintendo lacks anything it is in online play. I'm glad to see that they are finally adding more online play. I had better online play years ago on the Dreamcast. Nintendo is far behind.

Great deals on the Nintendo 3DS at http://www.nintendo3dsshops.com

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

102. Posted:

If it's a port of a game I have not played in a long time but also boasts new features and then some, then I'll get it. If you don't like, then get something else.

People just really need to stop thinking about THEMSELVES all the time. The world does not revolve around you. For example: Square Enix remaking the Final Fantasy games gave me the chance to play them easily. On the DS. Ports and remakes gives people a chance to play games they never played before or weren't able to.

Being self-centered is a bad thing, y'know :P

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

103. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

If it's a port of a game I have not played in a long time but also boasts new features and then some, then I'll get it. If you don't like, then get something else.

People just really need to stop thinking about THEMSELVES all the time. The world does not revolve around you. For example: Square Enix remaking the Final Fantasy games gave me the chance to play them easily. On the DS. Ports and remakes gives people a chance to play games they never played before or weren't able to.

Being self-centered is a bad thing, y'know :P

Holy bananas this is the most ironic post I've ever read in my life.

You're condemning people for being self-centered, yet you're glad remakes are made because you missed out the first time? So you don't mind devs not making new games, because they're remaking old games YOU missed out on, and games which YOU could find a way to play already?

That's not being self-centered? lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

104. Posted:

Well, remakes do give people a chance to try games they missed out, like kids who never played <insert old game here> because they were too young (if they had born at all), or simply couldn't play the originals...
The only "Me" he (she?) said was when using the final fantasy remakes as an example... No need to get sensitve just because he likes remakes.

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

105. Posted:

He could like bananas and peanut butter and I wouldn't care.

But there's no way anyone could claim those in favor of remakes are less selfish or self centered than those who oppose them. Everyone benefits from new games. EVERYONE. lol

The only people that benefit from remakes are those that REALLY like the game or didn't get a chance to play it and are too lazy to track the game down. It's funny how most people bought the Super Mario Bros. Collection, not because they wanted to play it, but because it looks nice and they wanted it in their collection.

Why favor that over a new game people have never played? The same goes for almost any remake (very, very, very few include enough additional content to warrant a new release). Why care at all about content you have already seen when there's an opportunity to enjoy something totally new?

I will never ever understand that line of thinking, but I'm going off on a tangent now. Anyways, I personally don't care what he likes. He can love remakes. But being okay with a remake because you just started gaming and don't care to make an effort to track a game down does not make you in any way, shape, or form, less self centered than someone that would like new games for everyone.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

106. Posted:

He could sit there and cry about not always getting what he wants and I would just laugh and move on.

I'm not opposed to new games. Bring on the new games. Bring on the remakes. It's a good thing either way. It's as easy as eating that 3-week old cheese sandwhich behind the fridge with alien ants all over it. The way people come off gives the initial impression that one is sounding a bit self centered. That's the way it looks to me- true or not.

I look at remakes as appetizers for what's to come when a NEW game built from the ground up comes around (ex Starfox 3DS and Legend of Zelda Harp of Love- or something).

As for preference- obviously a NEW game.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

107. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Bring on the new games. Bring on the remakes. It's a good thing either way.

And that is the problem.

Congratulations, people like you are the reason Nintendo remade the Gamecube's Mario Tennis instead of making a new one with Motion Plus.

Because it's good either way and everyone is happy. Love how I'm the only one upset until an obvious scenario comes along and people look back and say "Oh crap, that did suck."

It's fine that you value making old games just as much as making new ones. Since I actually like playing video games, I'm always going to look the other direction and support making as many new games as possible.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

108. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Bring on the new games. Bring on the remakes. It's a good thing either way.

And that is the problem.

Congratulations, people like you are the reason Nintendo remade the Gamecube's Mario Tennis instead of making a new one with Motion Plus.

Because it's good either way and everyone is happy. Love how I'm the only one upset until an obvious scenario comes along and people look back and say "Oh crap, that did suck."

It's fine that you value making old games just as much as making new ones. Since I actually like playing video games, I'm always going to look the other direction and support making as many new games as possible.

I doubt we're to blame entirely, since that's a helluva stretch. And if so, then I'm glad. I did not get Mario Power Tennis on GCN and was glad that it came out for the Wii as I got the chance to at least play it.

As for me, I'll look at both directions. It's beneficial that way. Either way, you should at least agree with the fact that there are those who missed out on some titles but can now experience them thanks to remakes. A better way to deal with this is release an entirely new game but also include the older game as an unlockable or something. I would hope if MOTHER 4 ever see the light of day that maybe it will include Mother 3 (and possibly 1+2) remastered. Because that series is really deserving of it.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

109. Posted:

The next person who posts about remakes or original tittles until the next page is a birdo.
There are many other "things to worry about 3DS" in that list you know.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

110. Posted:

abgar wrote:

The next person who posts about remakes or original tittles until the next page is a birdo.
There are many other "things to worry about 3DS" in that list you know.

Hehe, sorry. I just needed to defend my point.

Another big problem: Irresponsible parent blaming Nintendo for not taking care of their 5-year old child because they were playing the 3DS with the 3D slider all the way up even though they were labels advising kids under 7 not to. Oh, and Jack Thompson claiming that the 3D effect makes kids even more violent because they are immersed in the game and rolling monkeys around in balls.

It's going to happen ;)

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

111. Posted:

remakes can be awesome or lame just like anything else. People loved Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger on the DS right? I'm pretty psyched about a better looking cave story and ocarina of time. Just like in the movies, some people hate the remakes and some people enjoy it. I look forward to seeing people reinvent something because it's a story I already love with a new interpretation. Sometimes you get Halloween by Rob Zombie and sometimes you get some crap by Michael Bay.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

112. Posted:

After playing the 3DS, I say the biggest worry is just a flat out weak software line up.

I thought the Wii and DS had FAR better launch window games.

Also since games can't ONLY be 3D (unless 3DSware maybe) I feel there is a lot of innovation that will be missed because the game has to be playable in 2D as well.

Hardy83