Topic: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Posts 241 to 260 of 457

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

God I suck at rhythm games. I'm barely coming out of a lot of these Expert scores with B ranks.

This game is jam-packed with so much stuff. The original feels super bare-bones in comparison.

And that's why we need to play now lol! I'm not much better as for the BMS's I don't even like trying them on ultimate. I'm totally fine with sticking with expert. I can do most FMS's on ultimate though. Have yet to fail the few I've done.

Will you be available later today?

I'm east coast so what time were you thinking?

Are you available after 9? I'm central time, BTW, so our clocks shouldn't be too different. I get off at 6 PM on Thursdays and then will probably have dinner with the family, so that is probably the earliest I can do it tonight. I'll be available much earlier tomorrow, so if that's too late for you we could do it then. Either way is fine with me. Night-time is the only chance I get to do any real gaming, outside of some lunch breaks.

After 9 works but after 10 my time would be better. I can post here shortly after that to let you know I'm ready?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

God I suck at rhythm games. I'm barely coming out of a lot of these Expert scores with B ranks.

This game is jam-packed with so much stuff. The original feels super bare-bones in comparison.

And that's why we need to play now lol! I'm not much better as for the BMS's I don't even like trying them on ultimate. I'm totally fine with sticking with expert. I can do most FMS's on ultimate though. Have yet to fail the few I've done.

Will you be available later today?

I'm east coast so what time were you thinking?

Are you available after 9? I'm central time, BTW, so our clocks shouldn't be too different. I get off at 6 PM on Thursdays and then will probably have dinner with the family, so that is probably the earliest I can do it tonight. I'll be available much earlier tomorrow, so if that's too late for you we could do it then. Either way is fine with me. Night-time is the only chance I get to do any real gaming, outside of some lunch breaks.

After 9 works but after 10 my time would be better. I can post here shortly after that to let you know I'm ready?

After 10 works. You're Eastern Time?

Also, out of curiosity, how does the online multiplayer work in this game? Do you get to select which track you want, or does the game randomly select for you?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah we each get to select one song and it will select from those 2. What I usually do is keep picking mine till I get it then switch.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Geez, after over 30 hours of game play I just now found out there is a stage with sea traveling. There is just so much content it's sickening. I also just had another fight with a boss from getting 40k rhythmia and totally nailed it. All criticals on Expert!

So Final Fantasy IV is my favorite mainly because it was the first epic rpg back in its time so I was right to dl the Rosa dlc right? Lol. I will getting anything from that game and also VI and VII

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Drac_Mazoku wrote:

Ahah, me, it will be like in the first game, I will buy every DLC as they come out, and they will be on my schedule for SSS-Ranking and Full Critical charting them on basic and expert along the way. I've received a spotpass yesterday night saying there will be again 8 DLC this week, I can't wait to get back home tonight and buy them all. I hope Good King Moogle XII will be amongst them, this song is AWESOME!!!

I just dl'ed it since you mentioned it. Want to see for myself how good it is. Also I seem to be having some problem seeing all the songs to dl. I first looked at the songs they were all there and then I backed out to check the characters and bought Rosa. I went back to get that song you mentioned and all the new ones weren't there. So I closed it out and checked again and nothing. Did it one more time and finally they were there again.

So for whatever reason you guys don't see them keep trying!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Drac_Mazoku wrote:

I don't know if the actual "playing" of the song will be good, I just now that I was totally in love with the song itself when I was playing FFXIV. It was so funny, I totally love songs that sound like Nightmare before Christmas, plus we're near Halloween, so it's the perfect time to play this song

It's definitely different but I like it. I can see myself getting more dlc then I originally thought.

MERG said:

Eel

I'll save my current just-enough-for-one-song money for One Winged Angel... But if I get some more money I'll give that song a try.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah I should be ready to go at 915 your time. Do you want to start with a couple of basics first? Then after we each get a song in then back out and up It to expert?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Ralizah I should be ready to go at 915 your time. Do you want to start with a couple of basics first? Then after we each get a song in then back out and up It to expert?

Sounds good.

Spoony_Tech

Join me in 1 min if you're ready.

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech
Wow, I think it is safe to say that you are SIGNIFICANTLY better at this game than I am!

Still, it was fun. I like all of the new Collectacards I got.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

@Spoony_Tech
Wow, I think it is safe to say that you are SIGNIFICANTLY better at this game than I am!

Well I could tell by one of your earlier posts that I might be. Still those buffs can really turn an outcome. You did well and almost got me a couple of other time. Plus I take it It was your first time using the buffs? Those take getting use too. I've played online at least 25 to 30 times now so I'm a little use to what's coming. Monster buff on the wrong board or section can be brutal.

Hit me up if you want a rematch!

MERG said:

Wilford111

Holy cow... I'm listening to Good King Mog on youtube right now. What a weird song!! I don't know if I like it or not, lol.

3DS: 2294-6952-0477, Username: Wilford
Nintendo Network ID: Wilford111
Email: [email protected]

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@Spoony_Tech

Well I could tell by one of your earlier posts that I might be. Still those buffs can really turn an outcome. You did well and almost got me a couple of other time. Plus I take it It was your first time using the buffs? Those take getting use too. I've played online at least 25 to 30 times now so I'm a little use to what's coming. Monster buff on the wrong board or section can be brutal.

Buffs? You mean those gameplay handicaps that make the notes harder to hit and such? I hate those. Particularly that Judgment thing that makes every non-critical hit a miss.

How does Monster Buff affect the actual gameplay? Also, what does the "chain" buff do? I've never noticed it changing anything.

Will do!

Wilford111

Ralizah wrote:

Buffs? You mean those gameplay handicaps that make the notes harder to hit and such? I hate those. Particularly that Judgment thing that makes every non-critical hit a miss.

How does Monster Buff affect the actual gameplay? Also, what does the "chain" buff do? I've never noticed it changing anything.

Will do!

I think Chain Attack just lowers your HP. That's all it does.

3DS: 2294-6952-0477, Username: Wilford
Nintendo Network ID: Wilford111
Email: [email protected]

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@Spoony_Tech

Will do!

I think the above comment is right about lowering your hit points. If you lose a life you lose a lot of points. Also Monster buff is the one that makes the arrows turn. Some of those songs have far too many arrows and you can die fast with that one. I actually don't mind judgment too much.

@Wilford111 I thought it was a bit strange myself but I think over time it will grow on me.

I'm also finding a lot of new favorites as well. There really is a good amount of really good tunes on here. Some that really jam as well! Still nothing will replace me Blinded by Light as my favorite.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Eel

I'm playing only every now and then.

If my experience with the previous game means anything, I'll have seasons of super high activity followed by other times like this then nothing for weeks and the cycle restarts.

I have found that I play these games a lot during trips and vacations, too.

The first game lasted me like two years, so I can only expect this one to last me much more before I do everything I want to do with it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

I'm still playing hard core to the point that I'm neglecting other games. However I'm all over on what I'm playing on it. I don't start with one set of songs then move on. I play my favorites a lot then I always do the daily songs. I have also been playing a lot of the quests and that's where I'm playing a majority of the songs. Plus ultimate isn't a thing for me. I just want to complete basic and expert and I'm happy. I have maybe 50 of the songs complete and by that I mean at the very least done a basic of expert. Mostly both though.

MERG said:

HandheldGuru97

Finally have been feeling well enough to play this game (at last...). Absolutely in love with it!!!!!!!! Never was a fan of the BMS's in the first Theatrhythm, but I've gotten really well at them in this one (to the point where I can beat people online ). I haven't found a bad tune yet, however I've noticed that most of the okay songs (note not all) come from the spinoffs/sequels (not IV, V, VI, but like X-2 and others). Still easily a GOTY nominee like I said a few pages back!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Spoony_Tech

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

Finally have been feeling well enough to play this game (at last...). Absolutely in love with it!!!!!!!! Never was a fan of the BMS's in the first Theatrhythm, but I've gotten really well at them in this one (to the point where I can beat people online ). I haven't found a bad tune yet, however I've noticed that most of the okay songs (note not all) come from the spinoffs/sequels (not IV, V, VI, but like X-2 and others). Still easily a GOTY nominee like I said a few pages back!

I think it's definitely a bit easier to get criticals this go around at least on the BMS and FMS's. I'm glad the FMS's have taken a back seat as those seem way too hard!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.