Forums

Topic: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Posts 201 to 220 of 457

UGXwolf

Wilford111 wrote:

Am I the only one who absolutely despises the Monster Buff power up in Battle mode? You know the one that makes Slide Triggers rotate? Every time that's used on me, I always mess up, unless I know the stage by heart. That's usually when the opponent gains the lead over me.

Monster Buff is annoying, but manageable. Judgement and HP Swap are sickeningly unbalanced.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Dezzy

Donjwolf wrote:

The videos probably take up a lot of space, so all the EMSs from the first game got changed into BMS and FMS modes in the sequel. Once I found out they won't be in the sequel, I decided not to trade/sell it, so I can play those again if I wanted. Aside from a few games, I haven't played many of the spinoffs so lots of the new EMSs don't hold much (sentimental) value to me. I especially liked the FFVIII and FFX EMs from the first game. Hearing Suteki da Ne or Waltz of the Balamb Fish without seeing the videos of Macalania Forest or the dance just doesn't have the same appeal to me

Ugh, well I only found out after I'd sold the original!!! Honestly, the 2 EMS for FF8 and FF9 were the main reason I replayed that game. On the bright side, they removed those awful crystal tapping stages which essentially wasted some of the best songs.
Ditto on the coordinates of our nostalgia. I think most people would agree on that. No-one's buying fanservice games so they can relive FF13-2 and Crystal Chronicles. Even games like Crisis Core and Tactics which I loved, don't have as great soundtracks as the main entries (i.e 4-10)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Wilford111

Going off topic a tad here;
this game peaked my interest in Final Fantasy IX. Seeing as the battle songs are some of my favorites, the game is sort of a "back to basics" sort of FF game, and it just has a sort of appeal to me, I remembered that I bought it several months ago but never got around to playing it. So, I fired it up last night and I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! I must have spent 5-6 hours in one go. I went to bed at 4am
Yeah I haven't played much Final Fantasy, but I'm glad Theatrhythm is exposing me to these great games.

Also, back on topic, EMS aren't COMPLETELY terrible, I understand they have a certain appeal, but they're the worst things to get SSS on.
I too am trying to complete each song and master each one

3DS: 2294-6952-0477, Username: Wilford
Nintendo Network ID: Wilford111
Email: [email protected]

Ralizah

Just got this game. I love the changes they've made since the first one.

Don't know how I'll ever complete a song on Ultimate, though.It's like a DDR song on a higher difficulty: I end up just watching helplessly as complex inputs speed by.

I never realized Mystic Quest had such rocking battle music!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Don't know how I'll ever complete a song on Ultimate, though.It's like a DDR song on a higher difficulty: I end up just watching helplessly as complex inputs speed by.

Once you're ready let me know for some online battles. Face the computer first to get a feel for it. Its too much fun if you ask me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Once you're ready let me know for some online battles. Face the computer first to get a feel for it. Its too much fun if you ask me.

I'll let you know when I unlock it. I got it yesterday. I have to say, though, NOTHING is as rage-inducing as ruining a perfect run by getting a Great! right before the end.

But yes, this game, like the previous one, is incredibly fun.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThePirateCaptain

I was afraid of Ultimate for a while, but once I tried it it wasn't too terrible. I find some of the battle songs to be particularly tough because they change up the tempo and you have very little time to adjust, but it's a good challenge. I'd encourage you to try playing some songs on Ultimate, and least the FMS stages.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Eel

Very few songs enter the "omg so evil" territory on ultimate.

Most are manageable with a nice lucky healer in your party.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

CapnPancakes wrote:

I was afraid of Ultimate for a while, but once I tried it it wasn't too terrible. I find some of the battle songs to be particularly tough because they change up the tempo and you have very little time to adjust, but it's a good challenge. I'd encourage you to try playing some songs on Ultimate, and least the FMS stages.

FMS isn't too bad but those BMS's are ridiculous. I can do my favorite song Blinded by Light but it still a fight. Outside of the quest mode I haven't even tried any FMS's but I at least know I can do those. Maybe not perfect but at least an S rank.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Spoony_Tech wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

FMS isn't too bad but those BMS's are ridiculous. I can do my favorite song Blinded by Light but it still a fight. Outside of the quest mode I haven't even tried any FMS's but I at least know I can do those. Maybe not perfect but at least an S rank.

Blinded by Light is my favorite song as well
It really varies from song to song for me. I do think that they're pretty ridiculous when played in multiplayer. The notes move so fast that the Hidden or Zooming triggers pretty much mean instant death.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Spoony_Tech

Dang, I'm 40 mins away from 25 hours play time! O.o

Not bad for a game 2 weeks ago I wasn't even planning on getting. New features just looked too good to pass up and I'm glad I didn't. Its also #1 on my list for average play time at nearly 5 hours a session. Some of that is because I just leave the game in sleep mode but yeah! There's still so much to do. I can't stop playing it and I just got 3 new Wii U games the same day I got this!

MERG said:

Magikarp3

Mystic Quest has some of the most 80's battle music I've ever heard

The only thing I find annoying is how there's no ranking of how difficult a song's going to be (like the stepmania pentagon), or how long it is. Some ultimate songs I can get SS in and others I can't finish, but I'll never figure out which is which until I've tried it :/

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Spoony_Tech

@Drac_Mazoku I figured from your posts you were up there in play time. So we can get over 100k rhythmia? Sweet!

MERG said:

LindsayPez

I am absolutely obsessed with this game and I'm so glad to come here and see a bunch of you are, too!

LindsayPez

Freelance

I love this game, but I also love other games too so I'm trying to juggle between several. A flight sim actually appeared on the Vita last week which I'd like to play more often as well. I flew from Tokyo to Singapore last night

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

ultraraichu

It's kind of weird. Whenever I plan to get a music rhythm game after waiting for one for so long to arrive on a system I own, this comes out within a week before and eat up most of my time, leaving little for the next. It happened with the first Theatrhythm game with Rhythm Thief and it's happening again with Curtain Call and Kickbeat. It's like a jealous girlfriend lol.

Edited on by ultraraichu

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Freelance

I want Smash very much, but I can't afford it right now. Some day I will!

Freelance

PrincessSugoi

Drac_Mazoku wrote:

Well, this game occupy 100% of my gaming time. Smash Bros doesnt count anymore (I didnt even tried the demo, not worth it when I can play TFF:CC), I was also ready to play Fantasy Life a in a little while. Both of those big time-consumming game have fallen off my radar just because of TFF:CC. It's just THAT addicting.

I spent several minutes with the Smash demo earlier went meh then went back to playing Curtain Call. X-D Not so sure I'll be bothering to pick that game up anytime soon especially since there's plenty of other games I want and it'd just cut into time I could be playing this. Plus, I need all the practice I can get... I just got my rump handed to me in online lol.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Spoony_Tech

Holy crap those long quests take forever! That was at least 2 hours. Well worth it though as I got to unlock 4 more characters just from that! Not too mention it just about max levels a character from level 1 if you play well and have experience boost.

Also I love the daily songs. If not for those I wouldn't be trying a while bunch of new songs. Square really out did themselves this go around!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.