Mordresh

261. Posted:

Welcome Pintar32 !

Mordresh

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9395-5387 | Nintendo Network ID: Mordresh

AuthorMessage

ObieWan95

262. Posted:

Mordresh, pintar32 i have added both thanks.

Obie
p.s. I have added every one else that has friend code hope you add me to

Edited on by ObieWan95

ObieWan95

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4695-7791

AuthorMessage

akiraken

263. Posted:

Fashion's week :

http://akiraken.deviantart.com/art/Fashion-348277365?q=galler...

http://akiraken.deviantart.com/art/Advertise-Fashion-Face-348...

Wall and Hall :

http://akiraken.deviantart.com/art/Wall-and-Hall-348277621?q=...

akiraken

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

264. Posted:

Sorry it took so long to finish the cat - Barney! :)

Lol my cat painting looks so weak compared to the other paintings on here lol. Believe it or not the cat is actually finished painting even though it defently does not feel finished lol oh well. :)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Colors 3D! My Gallery
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777

AuthorMessage

Waann

265. Posted:

Mordresh wrote:

Awesome Waann !
I got them installed in my Art Academy gallery, that sharing feature is nice.

Thanks! I'm happy you like them. :)

@pintar32 Welcome! I'm going to add you, I've got a couple of lessons I can send you.
@akiraken Great drawings! I especially like the eye and lips of your close-up lady. :p
@Barbiegurl777 The fur looks nice. :)

A few new finished paintings! The first two are mini-lessons.
Untitled
Not a big fan of this one. I like the clouds, but the rest is a bit meh.

Untitled
I didn't look at Vince's version while I was drawing, so it's a little... off-topic, I guess.

And I finally finished Morphtroid's "Christmas Past" challenge.
Here's the drawing I remade. It was drawn in 2002 (at least I think so). I know the challenge said I had to think of an old drawing (not just remake one I still have), but I couldn't think of anything except the usual--family, friends, house... not very exciting. Judging from the pointy ears, I think it was supposed to be an Avariel elf, from Dungeons and Dragons... I played Baldur's Gate a lot back then. So here's the result:

Untitled
They don't have that much in common, really. And... I've just realised that I've forgotten some details I'd planned to add. I'll correct it later. (Also the anatomy is weird :/)

Hopefully I'll have another drawing done tomorrow. :)

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

AuthorMessage

Dinsdale

266. Posted:

@Waann: Awesome talent and technique, as usual.
The lessons do get somewhat restricted, especially when one starts getting more competent.

I did the stream, which is the final beginner mini-lesson subject, but I didn't want to work with the lesson's restricted color pallet, so I did it in Free Paint mode.
Which, naturally, meant having to go without the benefit of Vince's advice on how to proceed.

This ended up taking over ten hours. After around the sixth hour, it was tough to stay focused and motivated.

Untitled

Dinsdale

AuthorMessage

Waann

267. Posted:

@Dinsdale Thank you! I like your painting, especially the way you painted the river. But yeah, when a painting takes too long and you can't see the end coming, it's a bit discouraging sometimes.
Actually, I like having a restricted palette, it's a good exercise and it makes you think. :P

Here's what I finished today. I used a reference to draw the hands.
Untitled

(What's in the egg? I have no idea)

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

268. Posted:

Wow that's one amazing remake @Waan! All your pictures are actually pretty great.
@Dinsdale, I'm still loving your style :D

My 3DS's battery was dead so I decided to use my old 3DS (the one my dad uses for Art Academy) and did this quick doodle:

Untitled

It was fun using colored paper. Can anyone guess what fairy tale is it?

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

269. Posted:

Untitled

This is concept for a story I am doing.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Waann

270. Posted:

Wow, I'm really loving these.
@Morphtroid It looks very ominous, I love it. I'm guessing... this one? (No spoiler tags, so I have to make do :p)
@KaiserGX Really cool! What's your story about?

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

271. Posted:

Hehe, Close, but it's not that one.
@Kaiser: That's pretty cool, it kinda reminds me of Kid Icarus with bunnies.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

272. Posted:

It's for a comic called Lunaville. It's mostly random stuff like Spongebob eps but there will be special chapters that have a bit of story, not being canon but reuse the same characters but in different roles. This is one of them, moslty being an homage/parody to a Zelda type adventure. Others are stuff like Fairy Tales, Historical stuff like the Warring States in Japan. Stuff like that. They are mini stories within the Lunaville series.

Which I got inspired from watching Hello Kitty, and Hamtaro having similar adventure in their shows.

Untitled

These are the two main enchiladas who live in a town deep in a forest (unamed). Maus and King Emir (which are a mouse and mole respectively). Maus is an energetic guy who mostly just wants something to do. He always hangs out with the King. With these two together, it's always trouble. Emir is the worst king you could have, he and Maus just lazy about, spending the town's tax money as they wish and don't do a thing to run the Kingdom. A couple chapters later he will be replaced by the Princess Voni (a bunny) which had to come down from her Kingdom on the Moon (along with her army and teddybear knight/bodygaurd Kaiser) and dethrone him by force because he was running the town so poorly and she renames it Lunaville. Besides she always admired Earth as she always watched it from above.

Emir who loved spending money now has nothing and basically becomes Mr. Krabs but he's always up for money making opportunities/adventures with Maus. He moves into an underground cave (Maus has his own house). Becoming a bit bitter however when it comes to others.

There are other characters like a crocodile with lockjaw (his facial expression never changes, even when he talks) a blind samurai bat, and other little critters.

In middle school I always drew short 1 page Kirby comics that all my friends seemed to like. So I said if I want to get anywhere with these I should come up with original characters.

Sorry if this was so long. Btw the story from the drawing is not the same. Lol That would take more for me to explain.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

273. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Hehe, Close, but it's not that one.

three little pigs maybe?

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

274. Posted:

I think that's it.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

275. Posted:

Yeah that's it xD

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

276. Posted:

Waann wrote:

By the way, I've realised that custom lessons could be used for sending short illustrated stories! Wouldn't that be kind of cool?

Ooh, short stories! I was thinking comic strips, but I like your idea better!
On another note, I made a Petit Computer tutorial using custom lessons. Maybe I should post a video of it on YouTube or something.

I managed to paint some pictures. I'm afraid the Melon got kind of runny paint, those made when I fell asleep painting. :)

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

akiraken

277. Posted:

I just finish a boat. I will post soon.

Thanks Waan.
I like very much your work but you already know that.

Work from Dinstale look terrific !
You too, you are really talented !!

akiraken

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

278. Posted:

Does anybody have any recommendation for image repository website? I'm thinking Devian Art, but what I really want to have is an account where I can post images, with the option of putting those images into novelty items such as T-shirt, coffee mugs, playing cards, etc. Although I want to upload NAA images, I also want to upload camera pics, as well. If anyone has a good site to recommend, I'd appreciate it.

Something like www.cafepress.com but one that does not mind if I park images there indefinitely...

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

279. Posted:

Well, Deviant Art does offer these options and it's not necesary to be a serious artist to post there, it would surprise you how many people use the site as a personal blog or "facebook backup".

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Waann

280. Posted:

I should be getting a new custom lesson through Spotpass on Thursday. I don't know if it's exclusive to France or if the rest of Europe will get it... If it's only for French 3DS owners, people from other parts of Europe can set their region as "France"until they receive it. It was made by Zep, a well-known comic artist. He made Titeuf. I'm not a big fan of his work, but if people are interested (and if it's only in French), I can translate it into English when I get it.

@KaiserGX That sounds really awesome! I really like your character design, too. Good luck making your comic! :)

@ramstrong I thought about comics too, but you'd have to add a written message on every page. Might as well make use of it. :D Tutorials about other things is a good idea too!
As for your second message, I can't think of a website that does both novelty items and good image hosting. deviantART only allows you to sell prints, if I'm not mistaken (the bags, hoodies, etc. are all dA merchandise). It wouldn't be a very good idea anyway--images usually need some preparation before they can be used on merchandise. As for websites where you can post art and other pictures, maybe Flickr, Tumblr or even Dropbox would work (though Dropbox is private by default and you get limited storage). Using dA, Flickr or Tumblr, you could just link to the site where you're selling items in the description.

@akiraken Thanks :p

"Corrected" the Avariel painting. The leaves don't look that good, I think I like the unfinished one better. X)
Untitled

Newish stuff:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Waann