Forums

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Posts 261 to 280 of 332

ramstrong

Waann wrote:

By the way, I've realised that custom lessons could be used for sending short illustrated stories! Wouldn't that be kind of cool?

Ooh, short stories! I was thinking comic strips, but I like your idea better!
On another note, I made a Petit Computer tutorial using custom lessons. Maybe I should post a video of it on YouTube or something.

I managed to paint some pictures. I'm afraid the Melon got kind of runny paint, those made when I fell asleep painting.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

akiraken

I just finish a boat. I will post soon.

Thanks Waan.
I like very much your work but you already know that.

Work from Dinstale look terrific !
You too, you are really talented !!

akiraken

ramstrong

Does anybody have any recommendation for image repository website? I'm thinking Devian Art, but what I really want to have is an account where I can post images, with the option of putting those images into novelty items such as T-shirt, coffee mugs, playing cards, etc. Although I want to upload NAA images, I also want to upload camera pics, as well. If anyone has a good site to recommend, I'd appreciate it.

Something like www.cafepress.com but one that does not mind if I park images there indefinitely...

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

Well, Deviant Art does offer these options and it's not necesary to be a serious artist to post there, it would surprise you how many people use the site as a personal blog or "facebook backup".

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Waann

I should be getting a new custom lesson through Spotpass on Thursday. I don't know if it's exclusive to France or if the rest of Europe will get it... If it's only for French 3DS owners, people from other parts of Europe can set their region as "France"until they receive it. It was made by Zep, a well-known comic artist. He made Titeuf. I'm not a big fan of his work, but if people are interested (and if it's only in French), I can translate it into English when I get it.

@KaiserGX That sounds really awesome! I really like your character design, too. Good luck making your comic!

@ramstrong I thought about comics too, but you'd have to add a written message on every page. Might as well make use of it. Tutorials about other things is a good idea too!
As for your second message, I can't think of a website that does both novelty items and good image hosting. deviantART only allows you to sell prints, if I'm not mistaken (the bags, hoodies, etc. are all dA merchandise). It wouldn't be a very good idea anyway--images usually need some preparation before they can be used on merchandise. As for websites where you can post art and other pictures, maybe Flickr, Tumblr or even Dropbox would work (though Dropbox is private by default and you get limited storage). Using dA, Flickr or Tumblr, you could just link to the site where you're selling items in the description.

@akiraken Thanks

"Corrected" the Avariel painting. The leaves don't look that good, I think I like the unfinished one better. X)
Untitled

Newish stuff:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

ramstrong

Thanks, Waann. I certainly would love to have some of your images on postcards and/or mugs! They're terrific!

Petit Computer Journal

akiraken

@ Waan : Your horse is perfect.

akiraken

Waann

@ramstrong @akiraken Thanks! : P

I still haven't received the Spotpass lesson for some reason. But here's some good news: the Art Academy on-line gallery is up! To be honest, I was hoping for something less... minimalistic. It's meant for European users, I can't see anything like it on the American website. I don't understand why they'd want to restrict it so much, but I guess other people can lie about their country if they really want to use it... Keep in mind that most fan art is not allowed: you can only send fan art from Nintendo-owned games. And no Pokémon (because the rights are owned by The Pokémon Company, I guess).

EDIT--Wait, it seems I was wrong.

Inappropriate pictures are considered to be, in particular, but not limited to:
[...]
c. Pictures displaying Nintendo characters/items not included in this list: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Toad, Wario, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Bullet Bill, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Koopa Paratroopa and Boo. (See images here.)

What. Well at least it's explicit.

No portraits of real people, either.
By the way, they're not being very clear about nudity. My guess is they will only publish pictures from the Venus de Milo lesson... I'm going to experiment a little.

And here's another thing I found. Nintendo España has a bunch of guest-made Art Academy tutorials. They're pretty easy to follow, even if you don't know Spanish. Tutorials are usualy at the end of the videos.

New pic!
Untitled
I used the Venus de Milo as a reference.

Eventually, I managed to get the new Spotpass lesson. Is anyone interested in it?

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)

Waann

Great work, Akiraken.

Here's what I painted today:

Untitled

It's supposed to be Princess Peach as Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring (don't ask me why ;P).

Edited on by Waann

Lilifish

I've been busy and couldn't keep up with this thread for a long time, but it's good to see all nice things that have been posted here!
Here's Diego from advanced lessons
Untitled
And a quick pastel sketch
Untitled
@Waann, if you don't mind, I would like to receive the spotpass lesson, I'm very curious about it!

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

Waann

Great work!

I've sent you the lesson. It's not that interesting, honestly--very short and minimalistic.

ramstrong

I just bought a book, GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class #4 by Satoko Kiyuduki. I forgot how much fun art can be. In it, there is a technique called "croquis", which is sketching in 3 to 8 minutes of a live model. I'm very interested in that, since I such lacking in personal time. Does anybody have any experience in quick sketches? I did a bear, which I will post later, probably at devianart when I get an account there.

@akiraken I like your Lincoln. Dante, not so much.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Waann

@ramstrong I've done a little figure drawing in university (it was not part of my course--I just took optional art classes for a year). I think we had about 5 minutes for each pose. Here's one drawing I'd made.
Untitled
If you want to do croquis regularly, you could probably find some people in your area who are interested as well, and you could take turns posing.

The 3DS should be particularly convenient for croquis, since you can just sketch on the go with almost no tools.

Oh, and if you want to do some very quick sketching, you can try Quickposes (30 to 120 second poses) and Thirty Second Drawing (10 to 90 seconds, 3D models)

Edited on by Waann

Dinsdale

@Waann
I saw your Venus posted on the Japanese uploading site (http://rie36.com/egokoro/index.html).
You need to post Zelda Vermeer there.
I've already spotted Lillifish's art on that site, too.

Dinsdale

ramstrong

@Waann
That was 5 minutes? That's incredible! I'd have thought it's 20-30 minutes.

Unfortunately, I'm not that social. What I used to do is to try and sketch actors when watching movies. Come to think of it, I can still do that. Thanks for the advice!

Petit Computer Journal

Lilifish

And I've spotted yours, @Dinsdale! =)

@Waann, I got the lesson! It's simpler than I've imagined, and it's curious because the drawing technique is completely different from the other NAA lessons (no structure, just draw it straight!). Thank you!

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

dudey300

Some great artwork here!

Twitter: @dudey300

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8436-7365 | Nintendo Network ID: dudey300 | Twitter:

Dinsdale

I painted a scene just west if Kamloops off Highway 1 in the interior of BC, Canada around August.

Untitled

Dinsdale

Dinsdale

I painted my dog again.

Untitled

Dinsdale

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic