Forums

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Posts 181 to 200 of 332

BCCouches

Wow, you all have some amazing and beautiful drawings
I really want to get Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone, but I only have $23 on the eShop and I need to get another card to have enough to buy it, but for now I'm stuck using Art Academy: First Semester. But I will definitely be getting the 3DS version soon!
If any of you use Swapnote, can we add each other? I'd love to have some of you send me pics of your artwork weekly, and I'll send you the sketches I made on Art Academy (DSi) too

3DS Games I Have: SM3DL, nintendogs + cats, MK7, The Denpa Men, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7163-7329 | Nintendo Network ID: BCCouches

Pokefanmum82

ï finally downloaded the game and am on the first lesson

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Shiromikio

@Kilo_Martinez Very nice sketch of David, good work with the soft shades of grey, molding those facial features!

@akiraken The first three links are broken for me, but found the paintings in your dA gallery. Good job on the horse! I like how you focused on the horse and its back muscles, with hints of the land in the foreground.

@BCCouches Welcome to the thread. I really like your drawings of Starfy and Kirby.

@Morphtroid Here's a sketch for the week's challenge. Sorry it's late, been busy. It's a rough one and not strictly Art Deco, but there are bits of Art Deco motifs if you squint, lol.

Untitled

Edit: updated the picture, hopefully for the better, lol.

Edited on by Shiromikio

Shiromikio

BCCouches

@Shiromikio Thanks for checking out my drawings, I didn't know anyone would check out my DeviantArt

Also for anyone who has this game, how does the online gallery work? Like can you go to any one on your friends list's gallery if they have the game?

3DS Games I Have: SM3DL, nintendogs + cats, MK7, The Denpa Men, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone

Shiromikio

@BCCouches Afaik the gallery isn't online-enabled. You can send pictures, WIP paintings and custom lessons to your friends, but it's not set up so that you can "walk" into a friend's gallery. There's a Share button on the main menu, pressing that will show options to send to friends locally or online via Spotpass.

Shiromikio

Johnnytommy

@everyone awesome pics. I'm still getting used to the game, having to share a physical copy with my fiancé. Still looking forward to someone making a custom lesson

Pokemon x fc: 2380-3843-9270
Electric safari: galvantula, helioptile, dedenne
UNO dsi fc 3955-6429-1406
Wii u name johnnytommy

Eel

@Shiromikio: It's awesome! Thank you for always doing my challanges !
I love the use of color and lines, pretty art-deco stained glass-y!
Toon Link is always awesome, too (His left arm seems to be a little bit off though! You may want to check that).

I was waiting for someone (you) to finish it before starting a new challange, the next one will start next week.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shiromikio

@Morphtroid: Thanks for the comment and starting the challenges. You mean the angle of the arm? Good catch, I just had to forget something. The line of his tunic should extend across the base of his left arm, so the angle won't look as odd. I'll fix and re-upload shortly.

Sorry for the wait! Please feel free to start a new one as soon as the week is out though, so others can get started on a new theme sooner. (I'll probably just play catch-up, lol. If I'm on a roll I might just be able to bring in both the following week.)

Shiromikio

BCCouches

Shiromikio wrote:

@BCCouches Afaik the gallery isn't online-enabled. You can send pictures, WIP paintings and custom lessons to your friends, but it's not set up so that you can "walk" into a friend's gallery. There's a Share button on the main menu, pressing that will show options to send to friends locally or online via Spotpass.

Aw I thought it was an online gallery, guess I was wrong.

And AMAZING TOON LINK DRAWING! Toon Link is awesome, and you're drawing exudes awesomeness

ClassicJetterz

Untitled
Untitled

These are from the lessons. I plan to make some original work soon.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Shiromikio

@BCCouches Yeah, an online walk-in gallery would've been fun (along with refreshments at show openings, haha.) Thanks for your comment on the Link sketch.

@ClassicJetterz Welcome to the thread. Nice start! I like the clean curves of the koi's body and front fins in the first painting.

Shiromikio

Eel

It's time for the next (4th?) RANDOM CHALLANGE!

This weeks theme is Crossover Christmas Celebration!
Two or more characters from different universes (from any form of media) meet to celebrate Christmas (or any equivalent celebration)!
Use any style and techniques you want.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Lilifish

I won't be able to participate in challenges and post drawings/paintings very often because end of year is a little busy, but is really good to see everyone's lessons and free paintings here!
(Edited*)
First two lessons from the advanced course for now:
Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Lilifish

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

Johnnytommy

KodomoGaSuki wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm just getting this game,
I'm not really good at drawing, so I think this game would help me a lot for me to learn hehe
Here is my first drawing
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198045_39254739...

Anyone have lesson to share with me?
My 3DS FC : 5198-3166-6917 - jepop

Added you

Pokemon x fc: 2380-3843-9270
Electric safari: galvantula, helioptile, dedenne
UNO dsi fc 3955-6429-1406
Wii u name johnnytommy

Shiromikio

@Morphtroid: I have a sketch, but it'll most likely be late (as usual lol) if I end up colouring it.

@Lilifish: Keep those paintings coming. Good job on the advanced lessons so far, I like how the drapery hangs off the jar and the lines/ridges on the jar in the 2nd painting.

Welcome as well to those who just joined the thread.

Shiromikio

akiraken

Shiromikio wrote:

@akiraken The first three links are broken for me, but found the paintings in your dA gallery. Good job on the horse! I like how you focused on the horse and its back muscles, with hints of the land in the foreground.

thanks for your comments, I updated the 3 links.

Who wants to add me ?

Edited on by akiraken

akiraken

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic