3DS Forum

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Showing 181 to 200 of 348

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

181. Posted:

Shiromikio wrote:

@Donjwolf: very nice drawing! :) Great expression on the dog's face, I also like the tousled fur lines.

Thankie. I drew another pic. It was all done with pastels (even the outlines) and took a while to finish. It's Gaogamon from Digimon Savers. I like how the music notes turned out. I may not turn out awesome art like everyone else here, but I still like to draw.

Untitled

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

182. Posted:

For the second challenge, mushrooms mini lesson redone with the same materials
Untitled
I regret not using free paint mode, because the final result didn't change much. But by the other side, it is good to compare my limitations.

Edited on by Lilifish

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

183. Posted:

That's great! Is that one of the lessons from New Art Academy?
I love mushrooms. Just their looks, I don't really enjoy eating them that much.
They're so mushy~

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

184. Posted:

@Morphtroid Thank you! It's the first mini lesson from NAA. I do buy lots of mushrooms, and you just gave me an idea: next time I buy different kinds of mushrooms, I'll try to make a composition and draw/paint them :)

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

185. Posted:

Great pic, although I hate mushrooms XD

I drew this realistic version of Growlithe. I have it coloured too but my colouring is awful so I'll spare you the horror. Tried Furret first but it came out horribad.

Untitled

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

186. Posted:

It's time for the 3rd Random Challange! Thanks to everyone who participated on the last challange :D

This week's theme is Art Deco!
Go crazy with bold lines and round corners to create an art deco desing or scene.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Sasha_086

187. Posted:

So how can I receive custom lessons... All of the artwork is really inspiring me

Sasha_086

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

188. Posted:

@Donjwolf: very nice line drawings, I like the way you illustrate muzzle and fur. :)

@Morphtroid: I'll see what I can dig up. It's not a style I usually draw from, if ever.

@Sfairfax2540: Depends which region you're in. JP and EU each got an official custom lesson (none for NA yet afaik), maybe you could ask someone to send them to you. If you have Spotpass enabled for NAA (check settings if you're not sure), it'll notify you when there's a custom lesson available.

Playlist: FE:A, HM:ANB
Quickplay: HarmoKnight

AuthorMessage

Sasha_086

189. Posted:

O ok... I'm from the US

Sasha_086

AuthorMessage

Kilo_Martinez

190. Posted:

Untitled

Sketch of Michelangelo's David.

3DS FC: 3609-2436-6992

AuthorMessage

BCCouches

191. Posted:

Wow, you all have some amazing and beautiful drawings :D
I really want to get Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone, but I only have $23 on the eShop and I need to get another card to have enough to buy it, but for now I'm stuck using Art Academy: First Semester. But I will definitely be getting the 3DS version soon!
If any of you use Swapnote, can we add each other? I'd love to have some of you send me pics of your artwork weekly, and I'll send you the sketches I made on Art Academy (DSi) too :D

3DS Games I Have: SM3DL, nintendogs + cats, MK7, The Denpa Men, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7163-7329 | Nintendo Network ID: BCCouches

AuthorMessage

akiraken

192. Posted:

A Horse :
http://akiraken.deviantart.com/art/Horse-340882770?q=gallery%...

A Jug with peaches :
http://akiraken.deviantart.com/art/Jug-with-Peaches-340883293...

Pikmin Rock :
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ … 5mybei.jpg

Are they moving to the new nintendo's console ?
http://akiraken.deviantart.com/#/d5mybld

Edited on by akiraken

akiraken

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

193. Posted:

ï finally downloaded the game and am on the first lesson

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

194. Posted:

@Kilo_Martinez Very nice sketch of David, good work with the soft shades of grey, molding those facial features!

@akiraken The first three links are broken for me, but found the paintings in your dA gallery. Good job on the horse! I like how you focused on the horse and its back muscles, with hints of the land in the foreground.

@BCCouches Welcome to the thread. :) I really like your drawings of Starfy and Kirby.

@Morphtroid Here's a sketch for the week's challenge. Sorry it's late, been busy. It's a rough one and not strictly Art Deco, but there are bits of Art Deco motifs if you squint, lol.

Untitled

Edit: updated the picture, hopefully for the better, lol.

Edited on by Shiromikio

AuthorMessage

BCCouches

195. Posted:

@Shiromikio Thanks for checking out my drawings, I didn't know anyone would check out my DeviantArt :)

Also for anyone who has this game, how does the online gallery work? Like can you go to any one on your friends list's gallery if they have the game?

3DS Games I Have: SM3DL, nintendogs + cats, MK7, The Denpa Men, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

196. Posted:

@BCCouches Afaik the gallery isn't online-enabled. You can send pictures, WIP paintings and custom lessons to your friends, but it's not set up so that you can "walk" into a friend's gallery. There's a Share button on the main menu, pressing that will show options to send to friends locally or online via Spotpass.

AuthorMessage

Johnnytommy

197. Posted:

@everyone awesome pics. I'm still getting used to the game, having to share a physical copy with my fiancé. Still looking forward to someone making a custom lesson

Pokemon x fc: 2380-3843-9270
Electric safari: galvantula, helioptile, dedenne
UNO dsi fc 3955-6429-1406
Wii u name johnnytommy

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

198. Posted:

@Shiromikio: It's awesome! Thank you for always doing my challanges :D!
I love the use of color and lines, pretty art-deco stained glass-y!
Toon Link is always awesome, too (His left arm seems to be a little bit off though! You may want to check that).

I was waiting for someone (you) to finish it before starting a new challange, the next one will start next week.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

199. Posted:

@Morphtroid: Thanks for the comment and starting the challenges. :) You mean the angle of the arm? Good catch, I just had to forget something. :P The line of his tunic should extend across the base of his left arm, so the angle won't look as odd. I'll fix and re-upload shortly.

Sorry for the wait! Please feel free to start a new one as soon as the week is out though, so others can get started on a new theme sooner. (I'll probably just play catch-up, lol. If I'm on a roll I might just be able to bring in both the following week.)

AuthorMessage

BCCouches

200. Posted:

Shiromikio wrote:

@BCCouches Afaik the gallery isn't online-enabled. You can send pictures, WIP paintings and custom lessons to your friends, but it's not set up so that you can "walk" into a friend's gallery. There's a Share button on the main menu, pressing that will show options to send to friends locally or online via Spotpass.

Aw I thought it was an online gallery, guess I was wrong.

And AMAZING TOON LINK DRAWING! Toon Link is awesome, and you're drawing exudes awesomeness :)