Forums

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Posts 141 to 160 of 332

supermom8924

I am looking for friends to share Lessons with in NAA. Non of my current friends have the program or are interested in it. I love art work and would love to share what I know and would more than love the learn from others. There is always something new to learn, if you are interested please add me to your friends list and let me know when you do so I can add you back. As soon as I learn how, I will post some of my work. Thanks FC - 0301-9780-3524

supermom8924

Kilo_Martinez

Hi all! Just picked up this great title! Been enjoying looking at all the posted artwork. I'd like to participate too and post some of my own. However I'm not sure how to get the saved artwork off the 3DSXL. Are you taking out the SD card and putting it into a memory card reader on your computers to post them here? I think that's how to do it. If so I will have to get one.

Thanks.

3DS FC: 3609-2436-6992

Johnnytommy

supermom8924 wrote:

I am looking for friends to share Lessons with in NAA. Non of my current friends have the program or are interested in it. I love art work and would love to share what I know and would more than love the learn from others. There is always something new to learn, if you are interested please add me to your friends list and let me know when you do so I can add you back. As soon as I learn how, I will post some of my work. Thanks FC - 0301-9780-3524

Added you

Pokemon x fc: 2380-3843-9270
Electric safari: galvantula, helioptile, dedenne
UNO dsi fc 3955-6429-1406
Wii u name johnnytommy

Johnnytommy

Waann wrote:

@Victoria - Thanks! Well I just think that saving is unnecessarily complicated; even with regular paintings there are 3 different types of saves. For something that is primarily aimed at casual players, I just find it odd (of course it's explained in the manual, but most people won't read it ). Then again it's better than the retail version of the first one, in which you couldn't export your paintings at all. I'll check again, but I don't think I can save my picture X)
Yes, I love the tools too! I draw a lot (more than I paint) so I'm much more at ease with this one. It's easier to paint details now, too. I like that they added impasto, but it tends to pixelate a lot, which is a shame. For example, there is a lot of aliasing on my melon :
Untitled
It's not that difficult to avoid (just add water ), but I have to be careful about it. It's a good idea, but not that well executed.
Anyway, it's really great. And the fix/dry feature is a good alternative to layers, I use it all the time.

Also, here's a weird eye I drew earlier today.
Untitled

Wow I would love to see any lessons you might have those drawings are amazing if you have any lessons to send please add me

Pokemon x fc: 2380-3843-9270
Electric safari: galvantula, helioptile, dedenne
UNO dsi fc 3955-6429-1406
Wii u name johnnytommy

Hokori

I don't have this yet, but if anyone wants to add me to share pics tell me FC in signature

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Shiromikio

Kilo_Martinez wrote:

Hi all! Just picked up this great title! Been enjoying looking at all the posted artwork. I'd like to participate too and post some of my own. However I'm not sure how to get the saved artwork off the 3DSXL. Are you taking out the SD card and putting it into a memory card reader on your computers to post them here? I think that's how to do it. If so I will have to get one.

Thanks.

That's one way. You can also post using the 3DS web browser (i.e. go to an image sharing site, upload it and post the link here.)

@supermom8924: Hello and welcome to the thread. I've added you, mine is 1118-1535-7131. Looking forward to seeing your artwork.

Shiromikio

Kilo_Martinez

Thank you Shiromikio. I'll try your suggestion.Can you recommend a good image sharing site to check out?

Shiromikio

Kilo_Martinez wrote:

Thank you Shiromikio. I'll try your suggestion.Can you recommend a good image sharing site to check out?

There are many out there, so it depends on what you're into. For example, for sharing of photos and files, Dropbox and Photobucket are popular ones. For more social network-oriented sites, there's Flickr (people also post illustrations there, so it's not just for photos). I haven't tried any of those on 3DS, but Flickr's mobile site (m.flickr.com) should work just fine. Hatena Haiku also has a mobile site (currently I'm using this one and can confirm it works.)

Edited on by Shiromikio

Shiromikio

Kilo_Martinez

Hi all! Here are the first lessons I've done so far. It's been a lot of fun.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Lilifish

@Kilo_Martinez You're doing great!

@Shiromikio Done!
Untitled
I wish I could have done a better job on the face, but color overlap was not working any more...

Edited on by Lilifish

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

Shiromikio

@Kilo_Martinez: Very nice work! I like your linework on the b/w tree.

@Lilifish: well done! Terrific work with the lines, Mario's all nice and chubby. Mini Toad is a cool touch as well.

As an aside, when the colour overlap doesn't work, sometimes it might help to erase lightly around the affected areas with the plastic eraser and layer again. As long you remember which colours you used, usually patching up isn't a problem with coloured pencils.

Shiromikio

Lilifish

Thanks for the advice! The problem is that materials don't behave in NAA as when I use them in reality, and I'm not used to it! But for my first colored pencil lesson I'm very happy! (Actually, it was the second, my bad!)

Edited on by Lilifish

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

Shiromikio

Yeah, NAA has its quirks. Pretty good for a first lesson though!

Shiromikio

Kilo_Martinez

Untitled

Not sure how I feel about this lesson. Overall not too bad. I'm not happy with the imprecise tracking of the stylus in the corners. I find its hard to draw/paint accurately along the screen borders. Anyone else feel the same?

Kilo_Martinez

Hi all!
I don't have the Goomba or Mario lessons. Are they released in North America? Anyone willing to share? That would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Eel

It's time for the Second NAA random challange!

This week's theme is Art Academy!
Re-do your favorite lesson from the original Art Academy (any version) with New Art Academy.
Feel free to add as many new details and use any techniques you want.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shiromikio

For the 2nd random challenge. From the pepper mini lesson.

Untitled

Shiromikio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic