3DS Forum

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Showing 101 to 120 of 348

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

101. Posted:

I've been working on some lessons, it takes time to get used to AA as a new art tool.
I'm still frustrated with pencils, but will overcome it someday. =)

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Lilifish

Art Academy gallery: Hatena Haiku

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5739-1637

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

102. Posted:

@Waann: You're welcome. The glass reflections came out very well in the ice cream bowl. The goomba looks great, I like the background you've added to it! :) Sorry but the cat's not mine, lol, I just borrowed Vince's finished piece and posted it for people who wanted to know what the Fur and Feathers lesson is like. I tried the lesson but the result was distinctly unsatisfying (then again, I wasn't paying much attention either, lol), so I didn't bother to post it. Seeing people's posts here though is giving me a bit of an urge to try something again.

Playlist: FE:A, HM:ANB
Quickplay: HarmoKnight

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

103. Posted:

@Lilifish: Whoa, someone's been busy, just saw this right after posting. Nice work on all of them. I like the mushrooms study the most, possibly because of the way the texture of the paper is showing, and how the lines express the texture, along with small patches of darker colour often seen in mushrooms. :)

AuthorMessage

Dinsdale

104. Posted:

Untitled

Dinsdale

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

105. Posted:

@Shiromikio Thank you! I really like using black and white on colored paper, specially blue. But this mushroom lesson was something new to me, because it's brown on brown! I'm glad you liked it :)

@Dinsdale Nice dog! I like the painting cleanness :D

And I'm sorry for posting so many images just once. I just realized now it's not very good and I'm going to be careful from now on.

Edited on by Lilifish

AuthorMessage

Dinsdale

106. Posted:

Untitled

Dinsdale

AuthorMessage

Victoria

107. Posted:

@Dinsdale - I like your style and the way you see colour. Is the dog a shiba inu? A friend had one and your drawing looks a lot like her poochie.

@Lilifish - Don't worry about posting them all. You got caught up and we got to see your work. That's what matters. Thanks for sharing.

Edited on by Victoria

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

108. Posted:

@Dinsdale: Good work! I like the arrangement of the mushrooms and the pastel colours on the edges of the caps.

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

109. Posted:

There's a new DLC out, Reflection and Refraction. Is anyone planning on getting it?

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

110. Posted:

I got an ice cream lesson last month, and I'm planing to get also the owl one.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aacj/haishin/index.html
What's in the Reflection and Refraction one? :)

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

111. Posted:

I can't find any pictures at the moment, in the app the thumbnail is of a glass of water with ice in it. It's listed as:

Reflection & Refraction
Main: Glass with Ice (pencils)
Mini: Glasses and Apples (pencils)

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

112. Posted:

Wow these paintings are great D: (The goomba from the previous page is awesome!)
I'm liking the way you guys use pastels, I really want to buy this (but I'll wait until I visit USA to get it cheap).

Meanwhile, I can do this:

I challange you all to draw/paint a Metroid!

That Reflection & Refraction lesson should help.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

113. Posted:

@Shiromikio We don't have that one T_T
I guess we are getting 3 new lessons next week, if Nintendo Japan keeps releasing new contents with the same frequency.

2 more lessons:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Lilifish

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

114. Posted:

@Lilifish: Great work with the horse! I like the colours you've chosen and the body's fleshed out well. :) Also like the cloud buildup in the landscape piece.

Lol The JP region is lucky actually, we don't have half the ones you have. Only 3 so far: Pointillism & Textures (boat), Fur & Feathers (cat), Reflection & Refraction (glass of ice). 1-2 people in NA here said they got the Goomba lesson, I still haven't got any free custom lesson yet (Spotpass should be working as it notified me about the Reflection one the other day). The Monet one looks good, EU already got it so hopefully it'll come to NA soon.

@Morphtroid: I'll look into your challenge in a bit. :) Still got a doodle to finish up first.

Edited on by Shiromikio

AuthorMessage

Dinsdale

115. Posted:

A waterfall in my neighborhood.
Untitled

The dog is a shiba inu. I discovered that adding reflective whites to the eyes makes the dumbest dog look attentive and smart.

The DLC lessons in JP aren't always the same as what's available in other territories. We didn't get the Goomba lesson, but got a mini lesson on drawing a TV personality.
Other DLCs, batch 1: "Ice cream + Berries," "Fur & Feathers," "Boats" (each sold separately)
Batch 2: "Paint like Monet," "Paint like Van Gogh," "Owl + Toucan"

Dinsdale

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

116. Posted:

@Shiromikio Thanks! The horse came up very smoothly, but I wish I had spend more time in the horsehair... And about the landscape, I'm happy that I was able to draw the clouds with some sense of depth, but unfortunately I couldn't get the same result for the grass.
I wish we could share free custom lessons from Nintendo between users!...

@Dinsdale You're doing an amazing with pastels! And how lucky you are to have a waterfall around!
Have you already tried Sugi-chan lesson?

Edited on by Lilifish

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

117. Posted:

@Lilifish: it should be possible to share with other users on your Friends List, or does it only work between users in the same region?

AuthorMessage

Zach777

118. Posted:

Goomba lesson is UK only right now.

Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
Poke'Mon White 2 Friend Code: 2065-7000-4226
WiiU NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260

AuthorMessage

Lilifish

119. Posted:

It is possible to share free lessons from Nintendo between your friends!!! =D
I don't know if someone has interest in the Japanese one (this comedian in the main page of NAA), but I can send it! Also, it would be lovely if someone could send me the Goomba one.

AuthorMessage

Waann

120. Posted:

Shiromikio wrote:

Sorry but the cat's not mine, lol, I just borrowed Vince's finished piece and posted it for people who wanted to know what the Fur and Feathers lesson is like. I tried the lesson but the result was distinctly unsatisfying (then again, I wasn't paying much attention either, lol), so I didn't bother to post it. Seeing people's posts here though is giving me a bit of an urge to try something again.

Oh, right, I read that too quickly ^^' Do post it if you try it again, I'd love to see it :)

@Lilifish Great work! I'd send the Goomba lesson to you, but I got it in French, so that's not very useful. ;)

@Dinsdale I love the way you use colours! I especially like your mushroom painting.

@Morphtroid I'm glad you like my Goomba :D I'll try painting a Metroid. We don't have the lesson on refraction yet in Europe, so I'm going to have to improvise :p

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann