Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Posts 381 to 400 of 480

TuVictus

I still have to beat the base story before I try the challenged, but I'm really excited to try them

TuVictus

Henmii

Snowball ravine had a very cool boss (no pun intended)!

Henmii

Peach64

For those in the UK, this is currently £21.99 at Base.com

Peach64

Doc_Brown

After 10 hours on this game I think I can safely say that it's a 6.5/10.

Some dungeons are fun, but some are extremely boring. Most of the dungeons are a bit uninspired, like a Zelda with no soul. I have solid Internet but I often experience lag. Also a lot of people disconnect when their stage doesn't win the poll so it can become tedious quick.

I feel like 15 to 20 hours on this game will be plenty enough for me. It definitely feels like a B-tier title.

Doc_Brown

Nintendo_Ninja

Is this game worth getting? Keep in mind that local multiplayer is unavailable for me since my friends aren't buying this, and my sister and I can't play 2 player.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

TuVictus

My personal opinion is that it is, but as you can see around the internet, the prevailing opinion is that it is okay at best, so keep that in mind.

I really do love the puzzles and teamwork needed for certain things. Like in the Dunes dungeon, having to balance on these platforms that tip if there's unequal weight on it.

TuVictus

GrizzlyArctos

In my opinion, yes. Online play is great fun providing the people you're playing with are decent, and lag hasn't been too prominent for me. You can play with one friend, and have a random player online join in, so you can still play it with your sister. I will say don't expect a full Zelda experience. It's closer to the Four Swords games in content, so don't go into the game expecting a full, multiplayer Zelda game and you'll be fine.

Yes, I like bears.

Doc_Brown

I think the worst problem it has is people disconnecting when you don't pick the stage they want to do. I can understand it sometimes, but there are times when I have to try for like 20 minutes before actually starting a game.

It also sucks when someone ragequits when you've been trying the level for a while.

Doc_Brown

Yoshi

I think they inserted a Majora's Mask easter egg into the game. If you walk on the Triforce Gate (or panel, or whatever it's called) in a certain way, it sounds like the Goron Lullaby.

The order is Up, Right, Left, Up, Right, Left, Right, Up.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

TuVictus

Well, they inserted a 2D Link drawing cameo from LBW in the Dunes area. So that's fun.

TuVictus

bagajr

Is anybody else going for the challenges but having a terrible time because it's so hard to find two other people that want to play the same level online? I'd love to form a team with a couple other people so we can complete all of the challenges together. Because it has gotten to the point where I'm not even enjoying the game anymore. By the way, I'm not talking about the main game (that was fun); I'm just talking about how tedious the challenges are with how online play works. (FC: 2062-9152-2221)

Edited on by bagajr

bagajr

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9152-2221 | Nintendo Network ID: bagajr | Twitter:

Henmii

Spoiler: The Moldorm boss was pretty hard when I fought it on my own, but I managed! Good boss by the way. End of spoiler.

Hopefully a update will fix the "Friend-token" problem. I want to obtain every suit, but I can't get those tokens because I don't know anybody in my area who has a 3DS. Hopefully you can use Play-coins in a future update!

Henmii

Nintendo_Ninja

I think I'll get it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

BigBabyPeach

I'm on the second to last level and man...this game is so fun and addicting. I honestly don't understand all those mediocre review scores.

BigBabyPeach

Luffymcduck

@Whitewatermoose:
Tri Force Heroes´main quest (consisting of 32 levels) lasts about 10-12 hours depending on the playstyle. I spent most of it in local multiplayer with two other players and some time in single player mode. Each level has three additional challenges so if you're not into replaying levels, there are longer games out there. It's a very fun title if you have two other players to play with. It's also important to note that game has the worst story in a Zelda game so far. Just pretend it doesnät have one and enjoy the adventure.

I haven't played Yokai Watch and I suck at Fire Emblem games... But Fire Emblem Awakening is a good place to get into series. It has settings for new palyers and veterans of the series (though a lot of those people call the game too easy).

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

TuVictus

Whitewatermoose wrote:

OK, I need everyone's advice. I am purchasing one game for my 13 year old son for his 2ds for Xmas.

I know these are all different, but I am deciding between Tri Force Heroes, Fire Emblem Awakenings, and Yo Kai Watch.

His favorite games ever are COD Blops 1 & 2 (He is obessed), Pokemon Alpha and Omega, Kirby 3ds, Kirby return to dreamland, Minecraft, Roblox, Mario Maker, MK8, Smash, and Splatoon.

He is very hard on games, meaning he beats them quickly and if the story or gameplay doesn't grab him right away he is done with it.

Currently he has been playing and beat Little Battlers on 3ds. It took him less than two weeks.

Any advice any of you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Your son sounds like me when I was younger. Beating games in days if not shorter. Honestly, of the games you listed, I would not pick this game for him. I imagine he would have much more fun if, say, he had friends or others to play this game with. But if he's just gonna go it alone with online people, he'll either like it and beat it quickly or maybe find it boring. If you want him to be entertained for a while, and also give him a game that most people consider great, I'd say Fire Emblem would be the way to go.

Or perhaps if he loves pokemon he will really like Yokai Watch. But from your list, I'd put Triforce Heroes at the bottom. As much as I love the game, 13 year old me probably would have been disappointed with how quickly I could beat it. But ultimately, you know your son best so I'm sure you'll make the wisest choice

TuVictus

DreamyViridi

Having a great time with the costumes so far. Just bought the Rupee Regalia outfit and then got 500 rupees just from cutting grass in town!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Henmii

The game has great bosses. I think the game is much better then many reviewers make it out to be!

Henmii

Andyliini

I just beat Stone Corridors boss on single player. That was quite a challenge before I figured out a proper strategy to fight him.

As the previous poster said, the game has one of the best bosses in Zelda-franchise, even mid bosses are very creative. Hopefully we get some DLC for the game, altough I haven't even beaten the main game yet.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.