Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,004

ricklongo

Storytime7 wrote:

@ricklongo Did you start the temple on the first day after playing the inverted song of time? I always do that before starting a temple in MM, and have enough time to complete the temple while collecting all the stray fairies.

I did. I don't use walkthroughs, so I had to track each fairy down individually, which took a long time. If only they'd let us keep fairies after resetting time, this wouldn't have been a problem. Now I know better, and I'll just ignore them.

It's a shame, because tracking them down is awesome, but I really don't fancy going into each dungeon twice just for that.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Storytime7

ricklongo wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

@ricklongo Did you start the temple on the first day after playing the inverted song of time? I always do that before starting a temple in MM, and have enough time to complete the temple while collecting all the stray fairies.

I did. I don't use walkthroughs, so I had to track each fairy down individually, which took a long time. If only they'd let us keep fairies after resetting time, this wouldn't have been a problem. Now I know better, and I'll just ignore them.

It's a shame, because tracking them down is awesome, but I really don't fancy going into each dungeon twice just for that.

Yeah, I can see it taking a long time to complete that temple for people that are new to the game. I don't play MM as often as other Zelda games, but I didn't have much trouble with the remake because I've already completed the original game 100%.

Honestly, Great Bay is the worst dungeon when it comes to getting all the stray fairies. The next one isn't as bad, and it's a more interesting dungeon overall.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

luisesteban

ricklongo wrote:

Heh, I literally JUST ran out of time in that fight. Thus I just lost everything I got in the temple, including the ice arrows, and I'll have to go through the entire thing again.

Seriously, how the hell did they think this is good game design? I can't remember ever being this frustrated with a Zelda game. The saddest part is: this could certainly be my favorite Zelda of all time if only they let you keep stuff like stray fairies when you reset time.

If you made it through the boss chamber once, you don't have to start the temple again, unless you need to collect fairys or other items. But if you start the fight against the boss, the next time you visit the temple, a teleporter will be enabled for fast travelling to the boss chamber.

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

LzWinky

ricklongo wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

@ above: as far as I know, no.

They made the Goron races and Gyorg harder ;_;

I almost run out of time with Gyorg.

They changed the goron race? I didn't notice any difference. The new Gyorg fight isn't too bad.

Just use the Zora boomerang to get him to swallow the mines during the second phase.

Heh, I literally JUST ran out of time in that fight. Thus I just lost everything I got in the temple, including the ice arrows, and I'll have to go through the entire thing again.

Seriously, how the hell did they think this is good game design? I can't remember ever being this frustrated with a Zelda game. The saddest part is: this could certainly be my favorite Zelda of all time if only they let you keep stuff like stray fairies when you reset time.

Ugh. I'm quite furious right now.

Pro-tip: play the song of time when you're about to run out of time. It'll save your stuff (not fairies or ammo though)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

I finished that one with about 4 in-game hours left. So I could rush to deliver the stray fairies, save and deposit my money.

My second fight with him went much faster since I was a lot less cautious in the second stage.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

This game doesn't save when you beat the game, right? I kinda wanna go ahead and fight the final boss now just to see the changes. But eventually go back and finish doing the sidequests.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

It saves, but you appear back at the start of the day cycle, as if nothing had happened.

Really the only things that come back with you from the last battle are the heart pieces you can get and the fierce deity mask.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Ok, just wanna make sure it doesn't save and start a new game or something. xp

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chaoslink1

Anyone else think they should somehow add free camera control as an option in Ocarina of time 3D? They probably wouldn't because it's like 4 years old and preduction has stopped i believe but it would be pretty nice for anyone with a New 3DS or circle pad pro.

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

Bleep

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Anyone else think they should somehow add free camera control as an option in Ocarina of time 3D? They probably wouldn't because it's like 4 years old and preduction has stopped i believe but it would be pretty nice for anyone with a New 3DS or circle pad pro.

While it would be nice for Nintendo to add this in, I don't think it's high on their demand list. I don't think they produce physical copies of the game anymore (if you look online, it's really expensive and even somewhat hard to find; it's only available on the eShop), and I don't remember having any issues with the camera in OoT. While hoping/maybe even contacting them might work, I wouldn't hope too much for it.

FarceDeity

I finally got the new 3DS version this week and it's such a rush of nostalgia and excitement. I know the world of Termina so well, and yet I find myself exploring every inch of it, just like the first time. So far I like the changes; Odolwa feels more like a Zelda boss, and the fishing holes are a nice addition. Can't wait to see the rest!

The Legend of Zelda meets Donnie Darko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiDJIb_6yaM

Dezzy

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Yeah, they're not going to but it would be great. It'd certainly motivate me to finally try Master Quest.

I'd love a version of mario 64 with proper camera control too. Maybe for the DS remake.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Socar

Can anyone help me here.

I currently have three bottles with all of them being fairies and I have like about eight hearts. I didn't get much of masks and I'm thinking about getting another bottle inorder to defeat the final boss. Now if time is reset, do I have to re fight the bosses again in order to get the gold dust with the bottle as well as getting that bottle in southern swamp.

Its so insane that if you die in that final boss, there's no way to recover your health at all! That's like so unfair and as a remake, I expected this thing to be fixed! XD

The game has already made me not like it in the first place. This is without a doubt the hardest Zelda game ever. Not as hard as Zelda 2 but it comes close!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Andyliini

Yes, if you reset the time, you will have to fight the bosses again. Though now that you are stronger, defeating Odolwa and Goht should be easier.

I may also suggest to use red potion instead of fairies. Red potion heals much more than fairies do. If you feel you have too few heart containers, talk to bombers in Clock Town and use the hints to do some side-quests. You'll get heart containers fast.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

LinkEpona

Suggestions to Nintendo for the next update
to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Hello, many have suggested that after you completed 100%
of the game (you have obtained all the masks, heart pieces, side quests) etc.
And you defeat the final boss, at the Dawn of a New Day:
The timer (3-day-cycle) permanently vanishes from that savefile.

So you can finally roam and explore 100% of Termina without any time limits.
Since this requires 100% of the game to be completed and the final boss defeated,
the scenery (sky, ocean, forest etc.) can also be changed to make it seem like you
really saved Termina. Termina Swamp is cleaned, there is spring in Snowhead,
no murky water/nomonsters in Great Bay, the evil curses in Ikana Canyon is gone etc.
Just like it is after you defeat all the temple bosses.

And normal day/night cycles just like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

Also they can add extra textures or objects throughout termina (not just in Clock Town)
to REALLY give you a end-game feeling. And of course the fishing should be just
like before, except alter the requirements for them to fit with the Dawn of a New Day
after 100% completion of the game. The old fishing requirements should still remain
the same until you complete the game 100% and defeat the final boss.

What do you think about that? Would Nintendo ever do it? And sorry if my English is bad.

Edited on by LinkEpona

LinkEpona

DefHalan

LinkEpona wrote:

Suggestions to Nintendo for the next update
to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Hello, many have suggested that after you completed 100%
of the game (you have obtained all the masks, heart pieces, side quests) etc.
And you defeat the final boss, at the Dawn of a New Day:
The timer (3-day-cycle) permanently vanishes from that savefile.

So you can finally roam and explore 100% of Termina without any time limits.
Since this requires 100% of the game to be completed and the final boss defeated,
the scenery (sky, ocean, forest etc.) can also be changed to make it seem like you
really saved Termina. Termina Swamp is cleaned, there is spring in Snowhead,
no murky water/nomonsters in Great Bay, the evil curses in Ikana Canyon is gone etc.
Just like it is after you defeat all the temple bosses.

And normal day/night cycles just like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

Also they can add extra textures or objects throughout termina (not just in Clock Town)
to REALLY give you a end-game feeling. And of course the fishing should be just
like before, except alter the requirements for them to fit with the Dawn of a New Day
after 100% completion of the game. The old fishing requirements should still remain
the same until you complete the game 100% and defeat the final boss.

What do you think about that? Would Nintendo ever do it? And sorry if my English is bad.

Seems like it would be way more work than it is worth.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LinkEpona

DefHalan wrote:

Yeah more work compared to just one bug update, but still
very possible because it's Nintendo, remember they made
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (the original game) in only
one year with a smaller game developer team. They can do it.

Edited on by LinkEpona

LinkEpona

DefHalan

LinkEpona wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yeah more work compared to just one bug update, but still
very possible because it's Nintendo, remember they made
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (the original game) in only
one year with a smaller game developer team. They can do it.

But why would they? Once you have explored and done everything you can do they will disable the timer so you can... explore? You already did that to get to that point. Also the timer is one of the unique things about Majora's Mask, why would they disable it? It would cost more money than it would produce, most people that want Majora's Mask 3D, have it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.