Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 81 to 100 of 1,004

paul6891

Available Feb 15th

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Olliemar28

paul6891 wrote:

Available Feb 15th

Likely a mistake, or placeholder, since February isn't Spring.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

We need a Majora's Mask Master Quest, make it happen Grezzo! lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LzWinky

WaveWarlock wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I thought this game was gonna be a new 3DS exclusive......THANK GOD IT ISN'T (But I'll probably get it anyways...... )

At first when I saw few seconds of the trailer, I thought to myself that this is a new game Nintendo is making. Actually before that, I noticed that the moon picture showed up in Nintendo's youtube. I thought that it was just a Smash stage for the Wii U....... boy was I wrong!

I'm not one of those guys that played it so I'd like to know if this is the hardest Zelda game by many or is it something that'll force you to read the guide to make progress like how the Zelda series usually is (except for ALBW).

Zelda games don't force you to read a guide.

That being said, this one does. If you have to read a guide for normal Zelda games you will be completely and utterly lost here.

If anything Zelda games need to reduce the amount of heart containers you can get, that or punish you more severely when you die. I notice that I always enjoy the first half of LOZ games more vs the 2nd half and that's because I feel 'more on my toes' because I'm not overpowered with tons of health. Still, you can always just avoid getting heart containers all together....I wish I would of done this very thing in Links Awakening. Instead I felt like superman towards the end of the game, carelessy running through enemies, taking hits just to get to my next destination.

Hey, call me crazy, but you can just not get the hearts in some of the games

(However I do know that some games require heart containers like ALttP)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

This one has the least heart containers if I remember correctly, since there's only four temples and thus only four heart containers to get.

There's a ton of container pieces to expand on that though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

WaLzgi wrote:

Hey, call me crazy, but you can just not get the hearts in some of the games

(However I do know that some games require heart containers like ALttP)

Yeah, you definitely can avoid them. The speedrunners usually avoid them for whatever cunning reason.

And in other news, Wooooohoooo. Majora's Mask!!!
I woke up to find Shovel Knight available, a Sonic demo and Majora's Mask announced. This is officially the best day for the 3DS in 2014. Looks like the Vita is having a while off!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

gaming_24_7 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

It's a remake just like Ocarina 3D

Yes, OoT-3D was a really good game because the Original was great. But I expect more of a remake. Just look at the Resident Evil 1 Remake for the GameCube. In OoT-3D there was a new Link but everything else seems unchanged... It does't fit together...
It's like putting Mario Jump Sounds in old Mario Jump'n'Runs.

You're not looking hard enough then. Everything else is updated too with the exception of the art style. I suggest you check out comparisons.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Maelstrom

FishieFish wrote:

So the release date is the 15th of February?
That's what it says on the official Nintendo store on mobile.

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-m...

Edit: They now changed it to June 30th 2015.
It was February the 15th before.

But the 30th is a Tuesday. Since when does nintendo release games then?

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Henmii

The bad news is that it may take quite a while before we see a truly new 3DS Zelda. I mean: Majora's mask 3D spring, Zelda Wii u fall, probably means a new 3DS Zelda has to wait untill 2016. It may even appear on the 3DS succesor. A true succesor.

Henmii

Chandlero

WaLzgi wrote:

You're not looking hard enough then. Everything else is updated too with the exception of the art style. I suggest you check out comparisons.

I think, everything is updated and looks lighter and has more colour than the original. I don't like that. OoT and MM were dark Zelda games. The remakes have more colour and just look different.

Of course they are still great games and I had fun with OoT-3D. But I think the remakes "improve" the games on the wrong places.

Edited on by Chandlero

CaviarMeths

Henmii wrote:

The bad news is that it may take quite a while before we see a truly new 3DS Zelda. I mean: Majora's mask 3D spring, Zelda Wii u fall, probably means a new 3DS Zelda has to wait untill 2016. It may even appear on the 3DS succesor. A true succesor.

2011: Original console Zelda, handheld remake
2013: Original handheld Zelda, console remake
2015: Original console Zelda, handheld remake
2017: ??

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

gaming_24_7 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Did I miss a game?

A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Joeynator3000

gaming_24_7 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Did I miss a game?

A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD...? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dezzy

Henmii wrote:

I'm kinda doubting we'll see another one! I don't think a single nintendo console has ever got 4 zelda games before, has it?
I'm not complaining though. I never completed Majora's Mask and only played it when it came out. So this will be like a new game to me.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Atariboy

Henmii wrote:

They wouldn't be releasing another 3DS Zelda just a year later.

With the age of the 3DS, declining sales, the appearance of what seems to be diminished development resources going into it, and so on, I think this will be its Zelda swan song (I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 is about it for high profile 3DS releases).

But maybe New 3DS will get something, if that stopgap ends up more significant than many suspect it will be (Portable Twilight Princess, perhaps?).

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

LzWinky

gaming_24_7 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

I think, everything is updated and looks lighter and has more colour than the original. I don't like that. OoT and MM were dark Zelda games. The remakes have more colour and just look different.

Of course they are still great games and I had fun with OoT-3D. But I think the remakes "improve" the games on the wrong places.

What are you talking about? The original games were quite colorful too.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.