Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,004

Spoony_Tech

Maybe this is why it was in development for so long. I guess it take 3 years to slow thing down.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

His new swimming animation and speeds reminds me a lot of how Link swims in Skyward Sword with the earring.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajrj/key/

Click the Zora's mask and watch the video. It looks like you can swim normally, but you can also swim quicker without having to use magic. Remember, in the original, there was no way to swim slow. It was full speed or complete stop.

Also, it looks like the Gyorg fight is completely underwater, at least at one point.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Eel

I can't watch that one from my phone, but then I hope the GameXplainer was just being dense and not trying all his options as usual.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Nicolai

brewsky wrote:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajrj/key/

Click the Zora's mask and watch the video. It looks like you can swim normally, but you can also swim quicker without having to use magic. Remember, in the original, there was no way to swim slow. It was full speed or complete stop.

Also, it looks like the Gyorg fight is completely underwater, at least at one point.

Yeah, you're right. There's that one moment when he kinda lunges forward, without all the blue electricity around him. Now I'm just curious about how all this works and what buttons to press.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Yoshi

Oh, then I'll detail how Zora's Link moves in the video.

You can move slowly with full control, and to use the shield, it looks like you're forced to swim quick. You can quickly switch between swimming slowly and using the shield. You can also swim quickly without magic, and switching between the slow swim and the quick swim is seamless. If you recall, in the original, there was delay when you wanted to swim fast because Zora Link did a flip. That delay is not apparent here, but it might still be in the game.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nicolai

MorphMarron wrote:

I can't watch that one from my phone, but then I hope the GameXplainer was just being dense and not trying all his options as usual.

Gamexplain just put up a minute long video on the subject here. Apparently, the short lunge we saw in the game's website is something he does when he's out of magic. I guess he doesn't go very far when he does that.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

I'm really disappointed about the dumbed-down, sans-fun swimming mechanics. That and the possible omission of a hero mode will be the worst flaws of this remake.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

HandheldGuru97

(Figured I'd ask here, and bring this thread back up too )
So I got to play the Majora's Mask 3D demo on a New 3DS XL at Gamestop yesterday. I'm not sure if this has been confirmed anywhere, but can you move the camera around another way on the older 3DS models??? I know there is Gyro controls, but with the C-stick its a lot freer (from what I played). Doesn't seem like a huge loss if not, but still....

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

I'm really disappointed about the dumbed-down, sans-fun swimming mechanics. That and the possible omission of a hero mode will be the worst flaws of this remake.

What you call "dumbed down" I call a much-needed improvement. The swimming in the original was so awful because he could only swim at top speed. From what I've seen in videos, you can still swim around, but there is a limit.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

So I got to play the Majora's Mask 3D demo on a New 3DS XL at Gamestop yesterday. I'm not sure if this has been confirmed anywhere, but can you move the camera around another way on the older 3DS models??? I know there is Gyro controls, but with the C-stick its a lot freer (from what I played). Doesn't seem like a huge loss if not, but still....

The L mode + the touch screen can be used to move the camera around a bit.

Bloop.

Nicolai

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

They made it seem like a New 3DS feature, so my guess would be no. Also, Gamestop has a demo?! O.O

Got married.

Yoshi

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

Use the Circle Pad Pro. It's compatible with this game.

Now playing:

HandheldGuru97

Nicolai wrote:

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

They made it seem like a New 3DS feature, so my guess would be no. Also, Gamestop has a demo?! O.O

Yup they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Depending on where you go (store size is probably a factor too), they have a New 3DS XL (damn you NOA...) and Majora was the game demo they had running at mine! I think I've some Gamestops run different games on the New XL (like Majora, Monster Hunter 4 and maybe...S.T.E.A.M???) all depends on where you are at.

Little disappointed its a New 3DS only feature, but it really doesn't seem to affect the game too much, after all the orginal was running on a N64...so I think I'll survive

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Akazury

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

Yup they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Depending on where you go (store size is probably a factor too), they have a New 3DS XL (damn you NOA...) and Majora was the game demo they had running at mine! I think I've some Gamestops run different games on the New XL (like Majora, Monster Hunter 4 and maybe...S.T.E.A.M???) all depends on where you are at.

Little disappointed its a New 3DS only feature, but it really doesn't seem to affect the game too much, after all the orginal was running on a N64...so I think I'll survive

@brewsky said above that it works with the circle pad pro, it isn't a New 3DS only feature

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

I picked up a Circle Pad Pro so that Kid Icarus: Uprising wouldn't be terrible to control, but found out afterwards that it doesn't really make use of the 2nd circle pad. Nice to know that my purchase will finally be justified.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Yoshi

CaviarMeths wrote:

I picked up a Circle Pad Pro so that Kid Icarus: Uprising wouldn't be terrible to control, but found out afterwards that it doesn't really make use of the 2nd circle pad. Nice to know that my purchase will finally be justified.

Yeah, it's not dual analog, unfortunately. It was moreso intended for left handed gamers.

Now playing:

CaviarMeths

brewsky wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Yeah, it's not dual analog, unfortunately. It was moreso intended for left handed gamers.

I am left handed, and the CPP still did nothing for me.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nicolai

I've never even seen a circle pad pro in stores, not that I ever needed one. It wouldn't work with my Nyko battery anyway.

Got married.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.