Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,004

Grumblevolcano

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I love Majora's Mask's story, but I just have to say this. When the trailers and website quote the characters and then leave accreditations like 'Happy Mask Salesman' below it's real, real dumb. It just seems SO forced, it's a game with a good story, but you shouldn't quote it like literature in that manner, that's just too dumb!

I found that weird as well. Usually, when you put something in quotes like that, it's meaningful, or it's a beautifully sounding sentence. I think the game may actually have a few of those, but instead, they just take out-of-place sentences that people are likely to remember. It probably makes no sense to anyone who hasn't heard of the game before.

Edit: Here are some examples:
Untitled
Untitled

I thought the first quote had meaning but only to those who have played Ocarina of Time. You play Saria's Song to Skull Kid to receive a heart piece and also let him buy the Skull Mask as part of the sidequest to collect all masks. To me this helps to make the story of Majora's Mask more dark as it's not just any random skull kid that attacks Termina.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I love Majora's Mask's story, but I just have to say this. When the trailers and website quote the characters and then leave accreditations like 'Happy Mask Salesman' below it's real, real dumb. It just seems SO forced, it's a game with a good story, but you shouldn't quote it like literature in that manner, that's just too dumb!

I found that weird as well. Usually, when you put something in quotes like that, it's meaningful, or it's a beautifully sounding sentence. I think the game may actually have a few of those, but instead, they just take out-of-place sentences that people are likely to remember. It probably makes no sense to anyone who hasn't heard of the game before.

Edit: Here are some examples:
Untitled
Untitled

Yeah, those are pretty weird. I still find them infinitely less cringe-worthy without the 'Skull Kid and 'Mayor Dotour' accreditations beneath them. Maybe that just bugs me, lol. It is a good point how utterly over the heads of most people the quotes will go, lol.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Pkmns

The funny thing is that there are tons of sentences in MM that can be meaningful to anyone (just think of the Moon Children) but they decided to quote those. Maybe it's because the people interested in the game are mostly those who already played it?

Unrelated: I see they kept the 2D stairs and I find this very annoying.

Pkmns

CaviarMeths

Yeah, it's so weird how Nintendo is using nostalgia and memories as a focal point of the marketing. /s

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Koldur

CaviarMeths wrote:

Yeah, it's so weird how Nintendo is using nostalgia and memories as a focal point of the marketing. /s

I don't think they really do, a lot of people, including myself, haven't ever played MM and a lot of other remakes. A lot of those people, again including myself, do want to play those games and now have the chance to play them with better controls and graphics. That is the reason why it works so well!

This is a great way of making money without investing too much time and give people the opportunity to still play those games like they always wanted. Win/win if you ask me.
Sure, there will be some people that already played it, but I am pretty sure that most people that will buy this game haven't.

Koldur

TeeJay

Koldur wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I don't think they really do, a lot of people, including myself, haven't ever played MM and a lot of other remakes. A lot of those people, again including myself, do want to play those games and now have the chance to play them with better controls and graphics. That is the reason why it works so well!

This is a great way of making money without investing too much time and give people the opportunity to still play those games like they always wanted. Win/win if you ask me.
Sure, there will be some people that already played it, but I am pretty sure that most people that will buy this game haven't.

Actually, in the case of this particular game, they started development on this pretty much as soon as OoT3D was released.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

kkslider5552000

TeeJay wrote:

Koldur wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Actually, in the case of this particular game, they started development on this pretty much as soon as OoT3D was released.

I have to admit, I'm confused on why it took longer than the original. Maybe the team had to do other things between working on this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Koldur

And I am pretty confident that that is pretty much marketing at its best! Do not believe they had to do a lot of work on it, just trying to get in good graces with everyone that was waiting for it.

Or they did start after OoT was done and worked on it for about a week, then suspended work on it until a few months ago, then they technically wouldn't be lying. Either way, I believe that this is marketing

Edited on by Koldur

Koldur

Grumblevolcano

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Koldur wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I have to admit, I'm confused on why it took longer than the original. Maybe the team had to do other things between working on this.

The fact all previous ports are broken probably has something to do with it. GC Collectors Edition being broken is somewhat fine because it was free to those who preordered Wind Waker (the GBA games for 3DS are broken but were free) for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

snoopygamer

To play this game, will i need a New 3DS or i can play it on my old one as well? (i have a 2DS)

snoopygamer

jump

snoopygamer wrote:

To play this game, will i need a New 3DS or i can play it on my old one as well? (i have a 2DS)

You can play it on a 3DS or 2DS but certain features in MM wont work on it though. They haven't said what exactly yet but it's likely to be the 2nd stick and Miiverse.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

snoopygamer

Thank you!
They i will wait with the preorder...i saw the demo of the game and i liked it...but i only have a 2DS

arronishere wrote:

snoopygamer wrote:

You can play it on a 3DS or 2DS but certain features in MM wont work on it though. They haven't said what exactly yet but it's likely to be the 2nd stick and Miiverse.

snoopygamer

Nicolai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I assume it's because they put more work into revamping the way the game works, whereas OoT3D was not much different. I think it's safe to say that Eiji Aonuma (or other's) wasn't nearly as involved during OoT's remake development. Honestly, MM's system was so hit-or-miss with Zelda fans, they probably felt like they had more work cut out for them.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The fact all previous ports are broken probably has something to do with it. GC Collectors Edition being broken is somewhat fine because it was free to those who preordered Wind Waker (the GBA games for 3DS are broken but were free) for example.

Slight correction: Master Quest came with Wind Waker. The Collector's Edition came bundled with Gamecubes as well as an offer from Nintendo Power.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pkmns

TingLz wrote:

Slight correction: Master Quest came with Wind Waker. The Collector's Edition came bundled with Gamecubes as well as an offer from Nintendo Power.

European here. It was bundled with Double Dash.

Pkmns

TeeJay

Do you think it took longer because they added a sort of Master Quest to Majora's Mask?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nicolai

TeeJay wrote:

Do you think it took longer because they added a sort of Master Quest to Majora's Mask?

Ooo, I hope so! I feel like that wouldn't take quite as long to do, though, especially with only four dungeons, plus maybe the thieves fortress. If it's anything like the Ocarina of Time one, all they have to do is reposition a few objects.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Yoshi

Ooh, a Master Quest with the strict time limit. That sounds exhilarating!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Nicolai

Hopefully, if they do that, they disable the inverted Song of Time. Maybe they'll even make time go faster! That would be manic!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.