Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,004

LzWinky

I don't see why they would HAVE to build content around it? It would just make the game more interesting without making the content required. I think making it required for parts of the game would be worse.

Then again, a couple of amiibos like Link and Zelda could unlock extra content......or even better, a Majora's Mask Link amiibo

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

Link amiibo unlocks the Mask of Time! Wear it to transform into regular Adult Link ALA OoT!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rensch

I hope they make the save system less awful, besides retaining anything that made Ocarina shine brighter than ever on 3DS.

And, while I normally am not a big fan of this, a hint system like in Ocarina 3D would be a good idea here. I found myself doing certain quest over and over again during my first playthrough, simply because I missed an item or mask on my first try, or was just clueless on how to use it. Losing all your consumables when going back to day one should also be left firmly in the N64 days as it made no sense then and would certainly not do so 15 years later.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

HappyHappyist

TeeJay wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

personally, if the masks alter the game like allowing you to jump, you'd need to create extra content that is built around that, sort of like those e-reader cards for the gameboy/gamecube (I remember in animal crossing, those things had a hidden island only possible with the cards). Once stuff like that happens, I feel like you're taking content away from the customer and locking it behind another paywall. So if there's a amiibo-exclusive content that people want, it's another paywall. if it's amiibo-exclusive content that no one cares about, like in MK8, then there's no reason to buy it.

All right, so unlocking a significant amount of content is bad. Understandable. Okay. But unlocking minimal content is...also bad? Um, what would be a proper use for amiibo in your opinion then?

if it's minimal content, like a costume, there's no reason to buy an amiibo (that's just me though). I am not opposed to bonuses being unlockable, but you should try to find the balance between minimal and magnificent in that regard. I think we can both agree that the amiibo integration in MK8 is pretty minimal, however I do feel like it was a nice balance in Smash Bros.

as for MM3D, Now that I've thought about it, amiibo masks would be pretty neat as long as they weren't marketed in-game. The mask collection is a light enough setting for amiibos to be integrated, but I feel like finding a balance for new masks as "bonuses" would be challenging.

Mask that makes Link Jump? He can jump automatically anyways, why would I want to manually jump? Nintendo would also need to reserve a button for this.

A mask that made Link older would work. He is already perfectly abled as a child, but adding a small amount to his moveset as an adult would be neat without making it a necessity to always play as adult Link.

A mask that allows more control of time via the clock? That would alter the game too much I think. Masks should not alter central mechanics in the game.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

RR529

I like the idea of having amiibo masks.

Maybe they don't alter the gameplay, but if you have one on, certain NPC characters in Clock Town will say different things (like, if you have the Mario mask on, one might say, "Hey, I heard about you! You're that famous guy from... um, I'm sure it'll come to me...").

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LzWinky

Keep in mind that most amiibos work with multiple games anyway. It's not like you're buying one for one game.

Besides, it's a toy you can collect anyway

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Henmii

@Morpheel,

Judging from that picture (wich I saw before) it looks like a prototype or artist-impression.

"but it was announced shortly before the new 3DS"

You mean some months before the new 3DS. Besides its Nintendo: They make strange, awkward desicions all the time!

People whether we want Amiibo stuff in it or not, If it earns Nintendo money they will do it. At the moment I don't have any plans to buy Amiibo's though.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

LzWinky

Why would they announce a peripheral only to cancel it shortly after? I know they make weird decisions, but this is a bit too ridiculous, even for them

Eel

Also, if they can make money out of it (aka out of people without n3dss that want to join the amiibo fad) they will totally do it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

WaLzgi wrote:

Why would they announce a peripheral only to cancel it shortly after? I know they make weird decisions, but this is a bit too ridiculous, even for them

Vitality sensor. Not saying it'd happen, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Yoshi

Operative wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

The Vitality Sensor was canceled because of its success rate. It wasn't high enough. It's a good example, but the reasoning doesn't apply here.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

Personally, the thought of the amiibo peripheral being canceled is beyond ridiculous. It's not like Nintendo announced the peripheral and then said, "Hey, let's make a new 3DS with the functionality built in!" The peripheral was obviously announced at a point where the New 3DS was completely finished with development, or extremely close to being finished. Development takes time, there's no way they could've had the New 3DS ready to be announced in August and launched shortly after as soon as E3 was finished. It's impossible.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

TeeJay

brewsky wrote:

Personally, the thought of the amiibo peripheral being canceled is beyond ridiculous. It's not like Nintendo announced the peripheral and then said, "Hey, let's make a new 3DS with the functionality built in!" The peripheral was obviously announced at a point where the New 3DS was completely finished with development, or extremely close to being finished. Development takes time, there's no way they could've had the New 3DS ready to be announced in August and launched shortly after as soon as E3 was finished. It's impossible.

Thank you.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

GamecubeMan

The amiibo thing is there is you want to use it doesn't meant you have to.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

You're comparing apples and oranges. The vitality sensor had nothing to back up its existence, while the peripheral will receive support since games are already confirmed to have amiibo support (though nothing specific yet)

LucinaSmash

Untitled
North America gets this limited edition for $49.99 and you can preorder now on Amazon. Unfortunately, that is not a Skull Kid amiibo. Figurines are so last gen.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Yoshi

Preordered.

Now playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.