Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,004

Yoshi

Spoony_Tech wrote:

How much of a bet will it be to assume they will lengthen the time for the 3 days. Just adding another 10 mins a day will elevate some of the complaints some people have with the time.

Considering that you have 2 hours and 42 minutes if you play the Inverted Song of Time, it wouldn't be necessary.

The biggest issue that a few people have is not because the time is too short, but because a timer is always present. Because people stress out too easily.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Henmii

"Aonuma stated that the visuals are the same on 3DS and New 3DS, but made a tease. “Please wait for the opportunity to discuss how playing on the New 3DS differs at a later date.”"

You can guess it: Amiibo support!

"You do realize they had to redraw everything. It's similar to making a new overworld..."

I know they had to redraw everything, and add the wallpainting dynamic. But that can never be as much work as creating a new overworld.

"Also, Link between Worlds is a new 3DS Zelda whether you think it is or not"

You are right, but in my opinion the overworld stays old!

Henmii

Yoshi

Henmii wrote:

"Aonuma stated that the visuals are the same on 3DS and New 3DS, but made a tease. “Please wait for the opportunity to discuss how playing on the New 3DS differs at a later date.”"

You can guess it: Amiibo support!

It'd be interesting to see amiibo support, but it wouldn't be New 3DS exclusive, since there is the peripheral coming out for the older 3DS models. Must be something different.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Justlink

Anyone else thinking a late April release or just me...

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Yoshi

Morpheel wrote:

Maybe with the new 3ds you can control the camera a la wind Waker.

But all the other 3DSes has a gyroscope as well. I can see this feature being added because you can aim other things in Ocarina of Time, but why would it be New 3DS exclusive? Or did you forget that tiny detail (because that happens to me a lot as well)?

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

TeeJay

brewsky wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Maybe with the new 3ds you can control the camera a la wind Waker.

But all the other 3DSes has a gyroscope as well. I can see this feature being added because you can aim other things in Ocarina of Time, but why would it be New 3DS exclusive? Or did you forget that tiny detail (because that happens to me a lot as well)?

Using the gyro is not even remotely the same as using the second C-stick to freely control the camera.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

^ what he said, I meant the normal camera, not the first person camera.

Since the game is built around not being able to move the camera freely with a c-stick (since the n64 lacked one), not having the feature on the other models wouldn't be game breaking, and having it on the new ones would simply make it easier to explore your surroundings.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi

Oh. I usually control the camera with the gyro, so I thought that's what you meant.

Now playing:

Henmii

"It'd be interesting to see amiibo support, but it wouldn't be New 3DS exclusive, since there is the peripheral coming out for the older 3DS models"

I think the peripheral isn't coming anymore. Nintendo thought: Why not integrating NFC technology into a new 3DS? And that's exactly what they did.

So yeah, Amiibo support is almost a given. And Gyorg must be the tweaked boss, since that one was flawed (and now it seems to have a eyeball in its mouth). They also must have thought: If we use a fishing-rod for a boss fight, why not including another opportunity to fish (hence the 2 fishing ponds)? Someone on Youtube said they originally wanted to implement fishing in the original Majora's mask. You could catch Jabu Jabu (that was the plan).

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but part of me does think this could be a little bit more then a simple 3D skin. Extra dungeons, extra sidequest... Why else did they need so much time? But on the other hand: The original used the Expansion pack, wich could be some kind of barrier (making things complicated). And it took Nintendo one whole year (!!) to create the rail-system of Spirit tracks alone. So, I don't know exactly why the Majora's mask development is that long. Though I hope for extra dungeons, sidequests, etc, especially since a new handheld Zelda seems quite some time off.

As for the graphics: I am not entirely sure if they are as good as Oot 3D graphics. What do you guys think?

Henmii

LzWinky

They are as good as OoT. It uses the same engine and models

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

The peripheral is confirmed for 2015, so I don't know why you think it's not coming.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

HappyHappyist

I don't want stupid amiibos shoehorned into Majora's Mask. What good reason could they possibly have?

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Eel

They could give you daily rupees and stuff like arrows and bombs I guess?

Or funny useless masks that look like the nintendo characters/series the Amiibo represents.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

HappyHappyist wrote:

I don't want stupid amiibos shoehorned into Majora's Mask. What good reason could they possibly have?

Extra masks with added effects...or at least a handful of masks only possible with a set of amiibos

Mario & friends: Mario mask: allows you to jump
Link & friends: Link mas: allows you to...let me get back on this one
Villager & friends: You scare the moon back

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HappyHappyist

WaLzgi wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Extra masks with added effects...or at least a handful of masks only possible with a set of amiibos

personally, if the masks alter the game like allowing you to jump, you'd need to create extra content that is built around that, sort of like those e-reader cards for the gameboy/gamecube (I remember in animal crossing, those things had a hidden island only possible with the cards). Once stuff like that happens, I feel like you're taking content away from the customer and locking it behind another paywall. So if there's a amiibo-exclusive content that people want, it's another paywall. if it's amiibo-exclusive content that no one cares about, like in MK8, then there's no reason to buy it.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Henmii

"The peripheral is confirmed for 2015, so I don't know why you think it's not coming"

May be, but we haven't seen the final product. I don't think its coming, its just my gut feeling.

I wonder if the Mask of truth will have more usage this time, since its so prominent on the box-art.

Henmii

LzWinky

Henmii wrote:

"The peripheral is confirmed for 2015, so I don't know why you think it's not coming"

May be, but we haven't seen the final product. I don't think its coming, its just my gut feeling.

I wonder if the Mask of truth will have more usage this time, since its so prominent on the box-art.

Hate to tell your gut feeling this but it was announced shortly before the new 3DS. I doubt they would suddenly change their mind like that

TeeJay

HappyHappyist wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

personally, if the masks alter the game like allowing you to jump, you'd need to create extra content that is built around that, sort of like those e-reader cards for the gameboy/gamecube (I remember in animal crossing, those things had a hidden island only possible with the cards). Once stuff like that happens, I feel like you're taking content away from the customer and locking it behind another paywall. So if there's a amiibo-exclusive content that people want, it's another paywall. if it's amiibo-exclusive content that no one cares about, like in MK8, then there's no reason to buy it.

All right, so unlocking a significant amount of content is bad. Understandable. Okay. But unlocking minimal content is...also bad? Um, what would be a proper use for amiibo in your opinion then?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.