Forums

Topic: The Binding of Isaac may come to the 3DS

Posts 81 to 90 of 90

k8sMum

speaking for myself only, i have no problem with any religious aspects this game has or doesn't have. i don't care for random-generated dungeons and i don't care to be assaulted by that many bodily functions when i play a game. it just does not interest me. i don't wish to deny other players the opportunity of purchasing/playing the game as it doesn't affect me in any manner.

i believe the best way to censor anything is by doing it oneself. as in the free-speech scenario the other day with the coach berating the female player, he exercised his right and was open to repercussions from that, ie some people seeing capcom in a bad light. we can act thru not purchasing/supporting the company. others feel differently and won't do that. it all comes down to personal choices, imho.

Edited on by k8sMum

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

kkslider5552000

MagicLink95 wrote:

Good thing this is cancelled. All it does is shine a bad light on religion. It may not be intended to do that, but that's the way it'll be received.

...I have so many responses. Point out how many works are even more ruthless in making fun of religion? Point out how many times religion shines a bad light on religion? Failed understanding of free speech? Expecting a post like this to NOT be destroyed on the internet in the year 2012?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

sykotek

Oddy wrote:

The Binding of Isaac making it's way to the PS3/V would be the best reason I've seen not to buy a PS3/V.
still want one

I'm not 100% sure whether you're being sarcastic, but I hate people with close-minded opinions like that. Why should it even matter to you whether it is released on PS3/Vita. "Oh, I'll boycott the system if it is released..." How about, if it is released and you find it objectionable, just don't buy it. No one is forcing you to play it.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

theblackdragon

@syko: go back and give the first page of this thread a once-over... we've already been through this portion of the discussion, and that's what Oddy's referring to. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

WesCash

Binding of Isaac is incredibly fun and addictive. It's a shame people are offended by its religious content and gross nature, but I guess I can understand that. However, I am not religious nor easily offended so I have no problem with any parts of the game. I like my Mario and Metroid but sometimes I need to play games that are downright absurd or violent, like No More Heroes, Left4Dead, or Binding of Isaac.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Gamesake

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

sounds to me like it's got a lot more going for it than spiritual irreverence.

It really doesn't. Isaac's controversy is the most it's got. No one would be talking about this piddly excuse for a game otherwise. It's actually not a bad way to try and sell an unremarkable experience.

WesCash wrote:

It's a shame people are offended by its religious content and gross nature, but I guess I can understand that. I like my Mario and Metroid but sometimes I need to play games that are downright absurd or violent, like No More Heroes, Left4Dead, or Binding of Isaac.

The only shame here is the putting of Isaac on a pedestal. It's not in the same league as No More Heroes or Left 4 Dead. Low quality games like Isaac don't deserve such over the top glorification. I think we've all learned something from The Binding of Isaac, I know I have.

Controversy + Shovelware = Occult Classic

...in my pants.

shingi_70

no, you're trolling. knock it off, please — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.