Topic: The 3DS opinion...

Showing 101 to 113 of 113

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

101. Posted:

Syd-Valak wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Syd-Valak wrote:

Well, like I said before, that probably wont happen because of the new plan set by Nintendo. They plan to release games consistently for the next few years, meaning no gaps in between the release dates. Having new games come out all the time, there would be no reason to lower the price, especially when there is no 3DS lite planned either. No revisions, good supply of games, no reason to drop the price. And they know people will wait for their game to come out before they buy the 3DS, and in a few months is when the big Nintendo games come out. They wouldn't drop the price for that.

You never know...somebody may just be crazy anough to do so, after all they gotta stay competitive.

There's nothing to compete with. The NGP wont come out at earliest till Fall, and with it's hardware, it's going to hit around $450 dollars, so the 3DS will already be the cheapest in the hand held market.

I meant they as in the retailers. They get to set their own prices, remember?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Panthon13

102. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Syd-Valak wrote:

Well, like I said before, that probably wont happen because of the new plan set by Nintendo. They plan to release games consistently for the next few years, meaning no gaps in between the release dates. Having new games come out all the time, there would be no reason to lower the price, especially when there is no 3DS lite planned either. No revisions, good supply of games, no reason to drop the price. And they know people will wait for their game to come out before they buy the 3DS, and in a few months is when the big Nintendo games come out. They wouldn't drop the price for that.

You never know...somebody may just be crazy anough to do so, after all they gotta stay competitive.

Yeah, Sony might even be silly enough to charge much less for the NGP than it's worth just to screw with Nintendo

If that's the case, I would so buy one. XD

Every sheep needs a shepherd
Every shepherd needs a sheep for his flock.
They are walking to the horizon of their ideas
Trampling the sprouts of freedom and despising pride
But rise above the Earth and you will see
Where this herd is heading...
It's heading to the precipices!

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

103. Posted:

Yeah I expect their to be some slight price drops or money saving bundles once the big stores start competing ,they wanna get you into their store so you load up on accessories and munchies etc while your there. I reckon the trade price of the 3DS must be £160-180 (I'm just guessing ,I could be way off the mark with that) so that gives retailers a little scope in their price structure. I know I'll bloody get one whatever the cost,I'm easily tempted by shiny things,anyway thats what credit cards are for :D
I just can't wait to see the 3D for myself, its so frustrating just having to read peoples impressions of it!
I want one bad! :P

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

Magi

104. Posted:

Luigi78 wrote:

I reckon the trade price of the 3DS must be £160-180 (I'm just guessing ,I could be way off the mark with that)

Game Stop (here in the US) is offering $100 for the DSi XL, $75 for the DSi, and $50 for the DS lite if you trade it for the 3DS.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

105. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Luigi78 wrote:

I reckon the trade price of the 3DS must be £160-180 (I'm just guessing ,I could be way off the mark with that)

Game Stop (here in the US) is offering $100 for the DSi XL, $75 for the DSi, and $50 for the DS lite if you trade it for the 3DS.

But, we need to hang on to our old DS, if we want to bring our DSiware game.
so I most likely won't be trading it in.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

106. Posted:

I'll be buying a 3DS, but I don't believe I'll ever trade in or sell my DSi.

First off, we still haven't seen how DS games play on the 3DS, and I'm skeptical that it will be as smooth looking and comfortable as on the DSi, with the scaling issues that are sure to come up. That also goes for DSiWare.

Second, although this is something I could also just buy separately, having a second AC adapter (the 3DS is said to use the same as the DSi) will be a great convenience. I can leave one plugged into the docking station in a convenient location to leave the 3DS when I come and go, and another plugged into the wall by the bed for when I want to play a bit at night and not lose power.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

107. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Luigi78 wrote:

When I say trade price I meant the price that shops pay for 3DS not the trade in price of a DS/DSi. Sorry if that wasn't clear. What I'm basically saying is that if GAME buy 200 3DS's they will probably be buing them from Nintendo for £160-180 each.Selling em for £220 will net them £40 profit (I know this is a very basic breakdown and I'm sure there is other costs I'm not taking into account!)As I said though I'm just making those figures up so could be way off with that estimate. :) But here in the UK it is becoming common place for the big supermarkets to sell stuff for next to no profit simply in the hope that you will buy other stuff while your there.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

noblo601

108. Posted:

Hi guys.

I have been thinking about the backwards compatability of this console over the last couple of days. The 3ds is region locked, but does this mean that US DS games I import into Australia for my DS lite will not play on the 3ds or is it only the 3ds games that will be region locked. Has anyone heard anything on this?

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

109. Posted:

@noblo601: The only things region locked on 3DS is 3DS specific software as well as any DS cartridges with DSi enhancements. Aside from those, all original DS game cards, regardless of region, will work in the 3DS.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

noblo601

110. Posted:

@bboy2970 Thanks mate. That has it decided. I will have to buy Mario vs DK 3 in Australia for an exorbitant amount of money so I can play it when I finally get a 3ds.

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

The3DSisMINE

111. Posted:

When it comes down to the psp2, it all about raw power. The same way it was when the psp and the ds went head to head long ago. The titanic clash is about to happen again. But will the 3ds have to power to defeat the psp2. I believe it will. The 3ds has more innovation with its street pass which can bring a whole new set of gaming posibilities with that one function. Also coming soon is the Augmented Reality games for the 3ds. Now the psp has used the AR games in the likes of Invizimals and Eye pet, which is really cool. But using the same tech for the 3ds is a great idea and can bring the AR games into a new market. But the use of 3D in a gaming system comes out at a iffy time. The time where 3D is on the border of innovation and gimmick. I believe that the 3DS is a gimmick and . . . its going to WORK!!! People are going to be lining up for the new piece of hardware and I will be among the first. I have to admit the idea of a 3ds system may seem ludicrus but Nintendo is the only company that has the ability to change "gimmick" into FUTURE. With their strong fanbase and every age gamers, they can sell the system to young and old. The only problem is thr graphics and battery. I wish the screen had a better resolution but I have to try it in order to make the final verdict. But nothing can escape the battery. 3 - 5 hours of 3d gameplay is preposterous, but it may be okay since we can only handle a few hours of watching 3d rendered images. But only time will tell. Till then less than 2 months to go. I feel like Eric Cartman waiting for the Wii.

PS Vita/Ps3/Ps4/PSN: NeoForceExtreme
3DS FC: 3523-3327-7598
Xbox 360: Neoforcedude
PC/Steam: VitaSmart

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

112. Posted:

Well I was just adding games to my Backloggery's wishlist and I ended up adding 25 3DS games. I didn't even realise there were that many upcoming games I wanted for it. For me, that's a really high number for a console not released yet.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Karakato

113. Posted:

The Famitsu scores are up.
nintendogs + cats (3DS) – 10/9/9/10
Super Monkey Ball 3D (3DS) – 9/8/8/7
Ridge Racer 3D (3DS) – 8/8/7/9
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (3DS) – 9/9/8/8
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (3DS) – 9/8/8/9
PES 2011 3D (3DS) – 8/8/8/8
Professor Layton and the Mask or Miracle (3DS) – 8/8/8/8
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (3DS) – 6/6/6/6
Puzzle Bobble 3D (3DS) – 6/6/6/6
Mostly great scores for launch titles, yet I'm suspicious about it well except for The latter two which got average scores.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.