Forums

Topic: The 3DS Localization Problem

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Buzzi

Hello everyone, I'm new of the community although I've followed it for quite some time as a guest. I'm happy to finally write my first post, although I whish it could be about something less... problematic

I'm sure with such a title you already know what I'm referring to, do you? The difference between the western and Japanese line-up is so outrageous that it made many people feel nostalgic about the '90s.
For those that are wondering why I'm making such a comparison, I'll just name some of the reasons so that you don't have to spend all the day watching a wall-text.

1) More than 20 important games are actually Japanese exclusive, like Bravely Default, Senran Kagura, Time Travellers, CalcioBit...but hey, we get exlusive low-quality tie-in!

2) The American eShop is about half the size of the Japanese one...and double the European one.

3) Games are released many months later without a reason (Sakura Samurai?)

4) Very few games are being translated, even the most mainstream like Kingdom Hearts only have an English translation.

5) It's Christmas time and we are left with two (2!) titles: Paper Mario and Epic Mickey. They promised Castlevania, they promised Shin megami Tensei, they promised Virtue's Last Reward (well, this is actually released in some countries), all then moved to 2013.

6) The 3DS is region-locked, even games released in the US like Etrian Odyssey IV are not to be counted for a European Gamer (just like the whole Xeno/TLS/Pandora's story on Wii with reversed parts).

This situation is just unacceptable as a proud Nintendo fan; I'm not going to accept that and that's the reason why a created a movement to change this.
It is called "Nintendo 3DS Localization Movement", we plan to fight for our rights as gamers just as Operation Rainfall has done in the past...no, we actually have a longer sight, our is a long-term movement which already accounts for 22 games as part of its Campaign. Over a hundred people already showed interest in partecipating in our activities and we're currently trasferring those human forces to an official facebook page for organization purposes (N3DS Localization Movement if you want to join us).
Just yesterday we announced our first "Localization Day" on November 29th, whose subject will be Layton vs Ace Attorney (it releases that day in Japan!), a long-awaited game with no plans for the west.

As a Nintendo gamer I feel this is a crucial topic since the localization could actually be the strongest problem for the 3DS, a problem which is preventing tons of sales (we can see that on the sales reports from Nintendo) and damaging the enjoyment for many fans.

I firstly wanted to tell you about our group and ask your support in our future battle, but the subject of this post really goes beyond that, so I also desire to know how you feel about this matter and if you have a different thought about it.

It would be nice for the site to express itself about the matter, the official videogame-media do not cover this stories at all, but we know how in the end the life as a gamer is based on the line up, which in this case could be just amazing with just a little more effort from Nintendo, the third parties and the various western publishers!

I hope to see many users discuss this topic and join our movement, we really need to be active gamers not only when we play Zumba Fitness

Edited on by Buzzi

Buzzi

theblackdragon

I'm afraid Nintendo Life is not your personal army, and we are not here to wage your battles for you. You're welcome to advertise your group in your user signature if you like, however. Good luck to you!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.