3DS Forum

Topic: The 3DS is a good console. Why is so hated?

Showing 101 to 120 of 156

AuthorMessage

RR529

101. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan, I can understand your feelings on DLC (I disagree, but I'm not here to debate that), but the extra content coming for SM3DL, MK7, & KI:U is exclusively launching through the Nintendo Zone app (at most, meaning it'll be be SpotPass stuff, like a challenge box, ghost data, & weapon gem, respectively).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

102. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan

So... do you have any actual criticisms aside from not liking the approach of offering DLC in FE:A? The only arguments you seem to be making in your posts are that DLC is bad and that Fire Emblem should stay the same and not try to evolve its gameplay mechanics.

Of the four games you own, 2 are wholly unremarkable and another is a barebones port of a PS2 game. You should try getting some of the big releases for the system if you want to get your money's worth out of it!

Regarding FE:A: None of the DLC is anything that would have made it into the main campaign anyhow, and is just there for people who want to extend the amount of content offered by the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

103. Posted:

Everyone, I think SomeBitTripFan was just mistaking this for a discussion about the XBox. Erm, at least I hope so.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

104. Posted:

@RR529: When I first heard it, my first thought was DLC. Who knows, I'll hold out hope on it, but think about all the recent Nintendo game that have had DLC added onto them, Pikmin 3 being the latest example. I'll wait on additional details. Besides, why are they only doing it through Nintendo Zones? To bring gamers together for local multiplayer or is Nintendo getting paid for reeling customers into certain shops and restaurants?

@Rahliza: Pretty much. I felt shafted by that and I'm not quite ready to trust Nintendo on other franchises since then. I'm hoping for them to show something big enough to get me on board again, but yeah FE:A has pretty much been the downfall, for now at least. I'm probably just going to go retro with the occasional modern game for the next number of years.

@KittenKoder: No, I'm talking about the 3DS. But, think about it. Wouldn't it be fun to have to buy a 3DS every year because the thing just broke on you and on top of that paying just to use pretty much every important feature on the 3DS, including the ability to play games? :P

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

Henmii

105. Posted:

The 3DS is a good handheld, because it has some very good first-party titles like Luigi's mansion 2, Mario and Luigi dream team and Kid Icarus uprising. But I can see why it doesn't really make a spark in many people's hearts! It's because it looks to much like a DS, and apart from much better graphics, there isn't much new to the hardware, with the exception of 3D and a analogue stick! To many people it's just a updated DS, wich it basically is! And first-party wise there is only one thing that is truly different, namely Kid Icarus uprising! The rest are all sequels! And there isn't much good on the third-party front, with the exception of a few titles! The 3DS doesn't wow people like the DS did! Back then the touch controls did it, wich where quite new and fresh!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

106. Posted:

@Somesomesomesomefan your opinion is stupid and you should feel stupid

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

107. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan
Don't feel too bad, I actually have the same problem with mine. I got it on launch, and I pretty rarely play it. I really, really dislike the hardware itself and the two first-party games I've tried (Mario 3D Land and Sticker Star) were huge, massive disappointments for me and have pretty much dissuaded me from getting into the rest of the 1st party games, and I haven't seen any third-party games tickle my fancy. That being said, I don't think it's horrible, but I far from adore it.

/fetches riot shield

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

108. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@RR529: When I first heard it, my first thought was DLC. Who knows, I'll hold out hope on it, but think about all the recent Nintendo game that have had DLC added onto them, Pikmin 3 being the latest example. I'll wait on additional details. Besides, why are they only doing it through Nintendo Zones? To bring gamers together for local multiplayer or is Nintendo getting paid for reeling customers into certain shops and restaurants?

@Rahliza: Pretty much. I felt shafted by that and I'm not quite ready to trust Nintendo on other franchises since then. I'm hoping for them to show something big enough to get me on board again, but yeah FE:A has pretty much been the downfall, for now at least. I'm probably just going to go retro with the occasional modern game for the next number of years.

@KittenKoder: No, I'm talking about the 3DS. But, think about it. Wouldn't it be fun to have to buy a 3DS every year because the thing just broke on you and on top of that paying just to use pretty much every important feature on the 3DS, including the ability to play games? :P

To your FE:A comment, yeah, nope. FE:A is an excellent example of how it should be done, for DLC. The game is awesome all around, but the DLC for it is perfect, you keep the game balance, get a bunch of optional maps and regalia, as well as optional units you can recruit. The story is complete without any DLC, and there are some extended stories available in the free DLC stuff.

However, as someone mentioned, the others that require paid DLC to complete are ports from other systems anyway, and not even good games. I like DLC options, and that's why I cannot endorse any games from Sony or Microsoft, they not only have many games that require paid DLC, they also have crappy games.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

109. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

The 3DS is a good handheld, because it has some very good first-party titles like Luigi's mansion 2, Mario and Luigi dream team and Kid Icarus uprising. But I can see why it doesn't really make a spark in many people's hearts! It's because it looks to much like a DS, and apart from much better graphics, there isn't much new to the hardware, with the exception of 3D and a analogue stick! To many people it's just a updated DS, wich it basically is! And first-party wise there is only one thing that is truly different, namely Kid Icarus uprising! The rest are all sequels! And there isn't much good on the third-party front, with the exception of a few titles! The 3DS doesn't wow people like the DS did! Back then the touch controls did it, wich where quite new and fresh!

Erm, Pokemon XY .... of course I could leave it at that and my point will have been made, but .....

AiRace Speed, basically a "here's what we can do, what do you want more of?" game. Really well done, lots of content, and the price is cheap.

Fire Emblem: Awakening .... pure awesome, literally, nothing wrong with this game at all, a rare occasion for me say that about any game, ever.

Tales of the Abyss 3D, yes, it's just a revamped port, but the game is cool, balanced, and tons of story for those interested in it. For an action RPG it's pretty good. The only other action RPG I have liked is Star Ocean, but those are always too short for me.

I could go on, but then I would be changing this into a recommendation thread. The 3DS is a "wow" system, the DS was just almost a "wow" system, because there was no eShop, no cameras, no parallax, not even a memory card. The DSi was almost a flop, because of the game policies Nintendo had for the eShop, which they corrected for the 3DS. But the most important thing about the Nintendo portables, that is carried to the 3DS in spades, is reverse compatibility. The 3DS can not only play previous generation games, there are also old school games available in the eShop for nostalgia, though some of those were adapted horribly, the Nintendo native titles were well done. Now they are even making 3D classics, thus it's 3DS versions of these classics instead of just virtual console. Seriously though, I love Nintendo, but the DS wasn't that much "wow," it was a huge improvement over the Gameboy Advanced, but the basic features and capabilities were sub-par for the time it was released, the only saving grace was the price was low.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

110. Posted:

Ironically, I haven't gotten quite enough into 3DS enough (MONEY ARGH!!!) to be able to really judge its game library, but I recognize quality and deserved success. And I'm not interested in overdone hyperbole because a 20+ hour, 90 Metascore, savior of a franchise decided to have bonus content that costs money to make up for the dev team still working on their already finished title.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

111. Posted:

I find it extremely humorous that someone can buy a system at launch, in over two years only buying four games(two of which were just tech demos anyway)and then expects people to take him seriously.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

112. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I find it extremely humorous that someone can buy a system at launch, in over two years only buying four games(two of which were just tech demos anyway)and then expects people to take him seriously.

Sad part, those are the ones that are writing game reviews on most other sites. "I played one game for the system and now I know it's all bad" .... gah, why do stupid people still get so much attention?

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

113. Posted:

KittenKoder wrote:

Tales of the Abyss 3D, yes, it's just a revamped port, but the game is cool, balanced, and tons of story for those interested in it. For an action RPG it's pretty good. The only other action RPG I have liked is Star Ocean, but those are always too short for me.

Tales of the Abyss is good, but I actually consider it one of the weaker entries in the series. Symphonia, Graces F, and Xillia are all better. Great franchise.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

114. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Tales of the Abyss is good, but I actually consider it one of the weaker entries in the series. Symphonia, Graces F, and Xillia are all better. Great franchise.

I was keeping it relevant to the conversation. ;) Which I only know of Tales of the Abyss 3D.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

115. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan

Well, you do what you want. The vast majority of 3DS games don't even offer DLC, though. And FE:A itself offers a ton of bonus content for free each week.

I'll be worried if Nintendo ever starts locking away content that was planned to be included in the full release but was instead released as DLC. Or if anything that's plot significant is made into DLC. Basically, when buying DLC becomes necessary to really get a satisfying experience of the game, I'll be worried.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

116. Posted:

As far as I know, Nintendo is one of the few companies who do not make on-disc (or cartridge) paid DLC. Sure they do lock content that was already on the game, but they don't charge for it (see: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, etc.).

To answer the original question, everything will be hated regardless of how it performs. The PS4 and Xbox One will be hated just like the Wii U.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

117. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

As far as I know, Nintendo is one of the few companies who do not make on-disc (or cartridge) paid DLC. Sure they do lock content that was already on the game, but they don't charge for it (see: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, etc.).

To answer the original question, everything will be hated regardless of how it performs. The PS4 and Xbox One will be hated just like the Wii U.

Erm, Fire Emblem: Awakening has DLC, including a ton of free DLC that extends the story. The pay DLC is simply side quests and optional maps.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

118. Posted:

Reread my post :) I never said they don't include it, I said they don't make you pay for it ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

119. Posted:

KittenKoder wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Sad part, those are the ones that are writing game reviews on most other sites. "I played one game for the system and now I know it's all bad" .... gah, why do stupid people still get so much attention?

Wish I knew the answer.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Blast

120. Posted:

The 3DS does get hate and jealously from Sony fanboys. It pains me to say this but I have seen Sony fanboys get really jealously over any huge game that hits the 3DS. Then again... the same is happening when people found out Nintendo has Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive for Wii U. How many times have you guys heard this? "NOOO!!! Why is Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U?! This isn't fair!!! I want this for my PS4/One! Nintendo can't handle mature games!". So... the Wii U gets alotta unecessary hate, too. There's a difference between understanding the Wii U's situation then hating it and trashing it because its struggling. So....sad. I don't mean to change the subject but have any of you guys been seeing how Beyond: Two Souls is getting mixed reviews from everywhere? IGN, GameInformer, Destructoid, and others are saying the game isn't good but other reviewers are praising it???

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9