Forums

Topic: Swapnote thoughts

Posts 321 to 340 of 391

Spoony_Tech

Yeah Victoria I've ran out of ink before! The more you draw the more ink you use up. I ran out on that what would you do with your next 17 days off drawing. Its not to bad but more ink would be helpful.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

19Robb92

I actually really enjoy the service. I wish a option for instant messaging was there though. But it's still good.

Kind of weird how you have to unlock things like 'date stamps' etc. Should be available from the get-go IMO. Having a blast sending picture cards and drawing stupid things lol. I hope we'll be getting Flipnote Memo soon too. I love the first one on DSi.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

skywake

tendoboy1984 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Quick question, there is obviously more than just the six pieces of stationary but how do you unlock them? Presumably by sending messages but... what kind of messages and/or how many?

You spend Play Coins to unlock features in Swapnote.

Yes, I understand that but maybe I wasn't clear. How do you unlock the ability to buy the extra stationary using the playcoins?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

theblackdragon

Victoria wrote:

I have yet to see any sort of "You've ran out of ink" message. Maybe I just flew by it through the first hundred or so message I got on day one? So it sounds like you guys that are getting it must need to play more.

It depends on your style of drawing. If I'm getting detailed, I'll wind up using much more ink than if i'm just doodling or actually writing something quickly. You'll notice the ink meter will start to blink as you get close to the end and it makes a little beeping or chiming noise as you draw, and then finally it'll go red and won't allow you to draw anymore. trust me, i've sent a buttload of swapnotes and haven't unlocked anything in the way of more ink yet, so if you haven't seen it happen yet, perhaps you need to play more :3

@Skywake: You know those notes from Nikki that you gradually receive? You get them after sending notes to people, and each one explains a new feature that's been unlocked for you. Purchasing new stationery with Play Coins is one of them. Get to drawing! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Victoria

Could the running out of ink thing be because the size of the file is getting too big? I've received a few drawings where people scribbled all over a big area filling it in. (I'm gonna go give it a try and see what happens.)

Question for you guys: Have you set a Street Pass message yet? What kind of info did you put in yours? Did you include your friend code, or a photo or anything like that?

Edited on by Victoria

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

theblackdragon

Victoria wrote:

Could the running out of ink thing be because the size of the file is getting too big? I've received a few drawings where people scribbled all over a big area filling it in. (I'm gonna go give it a try and see what happens.)

yeah, pix explained it here. i'm one of those that scribbles to fill things in sometimes or to thicken/add emphasis to lines, so i have to be careful not to run out all the time D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bubbab5

It has an ink limitation

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Chris720

Good work, Sherlock. :3

I am now loving Christmas, everyone's too busy getting drunk, opening presents, watching films, dealing with annoying family members or just sitting on the couch playing their new games... meaning no letters every 5 minutes.

Also, is anyone else starting to find the blue notification a tad bit boring now? Before I would open my 3DS instantly if I saw that blue light and check it as quickly as possible, but now... "oh I have a new letter... meh, I'll check it later" :/

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

i turned off the blue notification for this app.

there is still a blue mark on the app-icon when i open my 3DS so i still see if i got new messages.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

skywake

On the SD Card speed thing from a few pages back. If you want a faster card look at the speed ratings. The one in the 3DS by default doesn't have a speed written on it, it's probably not even a class 2 (2MB/s). If you want a faster card look for class 4 or 6 instead of just relying on the idea that Sandisk are faster.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

R-L-A-George

Victoria wrote:

I have yet to see any sort of "You've ran out of ink" message. Maybe I just flew by it through the first hundred or so message I got on day one? So it sounds like you guys that are getting it must need to play more.

Its a little black line in between Pen and eraser.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

LordTendoboy

Running out of digital ink? What? I never noticed that. How do you keep track of your ink usage?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You can't reply to a reply and a reply can't be more than a page long. Lame,lol.

Indeed

[...

Birdman

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Running out of digital ink? What? I never noticed that. How do you keep track of your ink usage?

There's a small black bar in between the pen and eraser buttons on your compose note screen that shows how much ink you can use. It's hard to notice. As for keeping track of ink usage, I'm not an artist, so it's not really a problem for me, but if you draw large objects and like to fill them in, I can see how it could piss you off.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

LordTendoboy

@Birdman13

Oh now I notice it. Added you back BTW.

[...

Big_Al1

Hi, I added @James, @Link_Belmont,@Victoria, @SimonB79. Anyone else feel free to add me!

I'm Big Al, 3DS FC: 3093-7408-9622 wanna Swapnote/Letterbox? Share Art Academy , Inchworm or Colors!3D art?
Send me a message with yours!

Victoria

About the ink issue ... Thanks for pointing out the ink bar. I noticed that, but didn't realise what it was for. And I had a go at see how much drawing it took to use it all up. I scribbled on the whole page and did a bit of scribbling on the 2nd before I ran out. I guess my messages were always way in the limit before, so I never noticed the problem

Big_Al1 wrote:

Hi, I added @James, @Link_Belmont,@Victoria, @SimonB79. Anyone else feel free to add me!

Hi buddy!! It's good to see you here. Just an FYI for you, there's a thread to exchange Friend Codes here:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/online_gaming/3ds_friend_c...

Edited on by Victoria

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

19Robb92

Love the 3D painting, lol. Looks really cool.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

grumblebuzzz

My thoughts on Swapnote are these: It's a fun application that reminds me more of a new and inventive social networking experience than a messaging system. While it's fun to share pictures, scribbles, doodles and soundbites with friends, I do wish we were able to also include text with our messages as it's hard for me to write legibly on the 3DS screen. I think it would also be nice to be able to reply to replies to your notes as well, since that option apparently doesn't exist. All in all, it's a great addition to the system that's fun, addictive, and awesome with only a few minor flaws.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.