Forums

Topic: Swapnote thoughts

Posts 301 to 320 of 391

SimonB79

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I love Swapnote. I just wish it was a bit more like Pictochat. I mean, writing is nice, but most of my friends have ATROCIOUS handwriting. Having a qwerty keyboard isn't too much to ask...is it?? Also, sending movies would be cool, but I would never send videos to my 3DS friends...I don't know any of them in real life... Isn't my little Mii enough?

yep ... we need a virtual keyboard option aswell.

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter:

moomoo

The load times are awful. I hate having to wait to get notes, instead of them being atomatically dowloaded like Nintendo Video, and having to wait for a message to be marked as read is kind of ridiculous. It's still fun though.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

bboy2970

moomoo wrote:

The load times are awful. I hate having to wait to get notes, instead of them being atomatically dowloaded like Nintendo Video, and having to wait for a message to be marked as read is kind of ridiculous. It's still fun though.

You might want to look into getting a new SD card. I had those same ridiculous load times and I had to sit there for like 10-15 seconds waiting for a message to be marked as read. Its not supposed to be that way. I reverted back to my old 8GB Sandisk from my new 32GB Kingston and it now runs WAY faster! It takes like a second to mark something as read and takes like 30 seconds to load 20 new messages. If you don't have one already, I highly suggest a basic blue Snadisk SD card. In fact, I have a 32GB Sandisk model on the way to me right now!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

moomoo

Wooton wrote:

Nobody's sending me Swapnotes D:

IS IT JUST BECAUSE I SEND DRAWINGS OF MUPPETS

We're friends and I've gotton no messages from you, or muppets... we all need more Muppets in our lives.

Best thread ever

moomoo

bboy2970 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

You might want to look into getting a new SD card. I had those same ridiculous load times and I had to sit there for like 10-15 seconds waiting for a message to be marked as read. Its not supposed to be that way. I reverted back to my old 8GB Sandisk from my new 32GB Kingston and it now runs WAY faster! It takes like a second to mark something as read and takes like 30 seconds to load 20 new messages. If you don't have one already, I highly suggest a basic blue Snadisk SD card. In fact, I have a 32GB Sandisk model on the way to me right now!

Huh, so a Sandisk... I'll look into it.

Best thread ever

SimonB79

yep ... new sd~cards read/write @ much faster speeds (max 45mb per second) ... so if u have issues buy a better card.

ps, only buy Sandisk cards.

Edited on by SimonB79

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter:

JoeDiddley

I agree with all the positive & negative comments so far. But it is addictive.
When I have been busy for a few hours I feel overwhelmed with messages when I return.
When I'm on my 3DS I find myself updating letters just to check if any more have come through.

Of the criticisms so far my main one is that you can't organise letters by friends/ new/ favourites etc.
Of the positives I like that you can take pictures without exiting the application (I can't draw so I have more photo ideas).

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Dodger

It seems better then 16 characters but about every feature has annoying limitations. You can draw, but you have an ink limit. You can send photos, but not videos. You can send recordings, but only 5 seconds and you have to time 5 seconds yourself because the music app records 10 seconds which is lame enough. An online version of pictochat might of been more useful but this is OK.

Oh, and I'm not sure if my friend isn't responding because she isn't getting my messages or because she is being lazy. I'll have to ask. I have 2 other 3DS friends but they are on vacation.

Edited on by Dodger

Dodger

theblackdragon

and again, guys, if you're looking for 3DS friends, look no further than the 3DS FC topic. if you want to tell someone that you've added them here in this thread, do it at the end of a constructive, on-topic post, please. thank you! :3

on-topic, the ink limit is definitely BS. :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

R-L-A-George

theblackdragon wrote:

and again, guys, if you're looking for 3DS friends, look no further than the 3DS FC topic. if you want to tell someone that you've added them here in this thread, do it at the end of a constructive, on-topic post, please. thank you! :3

on-topic, the ink limit is definitely BS. :/

People tend to miss when you added them in the thread.

I agree about the ink. when your artistic, its hard. I wonder if they will have an update where you can unlock ink?

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@R-L-A-George: people were flooding this thread with code-swap messages a few pages back, though, however innocently it started. I've had to clean this thread out a couple times already in order to help people continue to share actual impressions and thoughts about Swapnote amongst the 'added you, now add me!!1' messages. I'm sorry, but if it hadn't already become a problem, I wouldn't be directing people toward the appropriate thread. :/

I was kinda wondering if extra ink was some sort of future unlock — they locked up other features before only to have Nikki string us along. I wouldn't mind seeing colored ink in the future. that's definitely something i'd be inclined to pay for with Play Coins, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Aqueous

@theblackdragon - more ink, I'd pay 300 coins for that. I have been highly enjoying drawing back and worth.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

bboy2970

RogueBologna wrote:

@Bboy we had extra sd cards from old cameras, so I decided to try a Sandisk. WOW. Everything loads way faster now. Thanks!

No problem. I know how horrid and frustrating a sluggish Swapnote can be! I t was so bad, that I was actually considering just not using it because of the immense hassle. Thanks goodness it didn't come to that!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Spoony_Tech

Well Nikki gave me the two part credits so I don't think for now there is anything else to unlock. I'm sure Nintendo can add to this app though. It will just depend on how long we will have to wait!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NovaParadigm

I'm loving Swapnote so far! I too wish that Nintendo would raise the PlayCoin limit. I walk about 10 000 steps a day so I'd have all the stationery really soon Anyway, I use Swapnote dozens of times a day so add me for some cool creations!

NovaParadigm

retired_account

Ink is a technical limit. The fancy animation in each note comes with a price. The app has to store each movement of the stylus in the note.

Kinda like this (but compressed)
BEGAN: (x, y)
MOVED: (x, y)
MOVED: (x, y)
[...]
ENDED: (x, y)

If there wasn't a limit then some notes could be massively huge.

It still ends up being smaller than a movie though, and it's much higher quality. That's why you don't see animations of erasures btw.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

R-L-A-George

@TheBlackDragon Yeah, but the code thread is worse. I'm thinking of making a "I added you" thread to cut down the clutter in the code thread.

Yeah, coloured ink would be awesome.

R-L-A-George

theblackdragon

@R-L-A-George: it would be just as bad, and then we'd have two threads for the same general thing. The only thing that is going to cure the clutter is some sort of messaging system. Hopefully we'll have something with the eventual site revamp, but until then, please leave it be.

@pix: wtf, you and your earth logic

@SilentTardis: me too! i walk way more than 10 coins' worth a day :3

BEST THREAD EVER

R-L-A-George

@TheBlackDragon I know this is off topic but I added you!
Yeah it'd be pointless, I guess a Directory would be good and a added list that notifies people when you have put them on your added list.

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

Victoria

I have yet to see any sort of "You've ran out of ink" message. Maybe I just flew by it through the first hundred or so message I got on day one? So it sounds like you guys that are getting it must need to play more.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.