Forums

Topic: Swapnote thoughts

Posts 221 to 240 of 391

grumblegrumble

Yeah, after post dating though i think that's all there is to unlock. Or am I wrong? I unlocked the stationary and the play coins to buy more stationary, time dating, etc. We def need more editing options and colored text/tools!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

R-L-A-George

I like it but I do agree with the friends-list, it does need to be fused with the friend list somehow.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

komicturtle

Hope they come with Swapnote Express or incorporate Pictochat into the friend's list. The "smiley" icon for Friends is pretty much the same thing as Pictochat's icon, actually...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

TheKingOfTown

This is annoying. I have to wait up to 5 business days in order to use it. It also annoys me that I have to activate parental controls in order to use SpotPass.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown

I shouldn't have put in my real birth date. >_>

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

LordTendoboy

Swapnote is the coolest [messaging] app ever. I dislike how you have to exit out of Swapnote just to see the "new message" notifications. New messages don't automatically appear while you're using the application.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Retro_on_theGo

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Swapnote is the coolest [messaging] app ever. I dislike how you have to exit out of Swapnote just to see the "new message" notifications. New messages don't automatically appear while you're using the application.

Just click on the little arrow in the right corner and select the box that says Check delivery Spotpass or something, I forget. It let's you check if you have any new notes from within thhe app.

theblackdragon

actually, I've had it happen where, if I leave it sitting open and untouched for long enough, it'll download new SpotPass messages on its own. each time it happened I had like three to five messages downloaded, though, so maybe it waits 'til a certain threshold is reached before autodownloading?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bones00

So I feel like I should have had some friends on my 3DS by now with this new social app. Is there a topic for adding you guys or will this one work?

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964.
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

Noire

theblackdragon wrote:

Guys, do us a favor and take the FC-swapping to the 3DS Friend Codes thread — let's leave this thread for discussion of Swapnote as a program, impressions and tips and tricks and that sort of thing. Thank you!

edit: I'm serious — any further off-topic FC-swapping will be deleted. take it to the appropriate thread plz :3

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Kagamine

I just Unfriended everybody i had because we were never playing the same games. ughh, guess im off the the friend code forum... I haven't got to send a note to anybody yet as my brother is under 13 and it needs parents permission which for some reason takes 5 days to process... why? idk. i am really happy with how it works as far as creating notes go i love it!

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

LordTendoboy

Ugh, I just found a really irritating thing about Swapnote. You can't use the camera and microphone features while in the app. You have to record sounds and photos in the individual "3DS Camera" and "3DS Sound" apps, then go back to Swapnote and attach the files to a note.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

Bones00

Just added you tendoboy1984! Your turn. Anyone else added me?

Twitter:

Aviator

FYI: Please, if you have a message that is meant to be sent to one person, don't send it to me.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

the_shpydar

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Ugh, I just found a really irritating thing about Swapnote. You can't use the camera and microphone features while in the app. You have to record sounds and photos in the individual "3DS Camera" and "3DS Sound" apps, then go back to Swapnote and attach the files to a note.

With the camera at least, you can exit out of Swapnote to the Home menu (don't close it, just suspend-state), then hit the L/R button to enter camera mode, take a pic, close the camera and go back into the suspend-state'd Swapnote.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LordTendoboy

the_shpydar wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

With the camera at least, you can exit out of Swapnote to the Home menu (don't close it, just suspend-state), then hit the L/R button to enter camera mode, take a pic, close the camera and go back into the suspend-state'd Swapnote.

Really? That's a nice feature. I wish the sound app also had a quick-play option...

[...

komicturtle

Think about it:

Nintendo knows kids will be going online to swap friend codes. And because this app really has no limits or supervision, Nintendo doesn't want the 3DS to be tagged as the "real PEDO console". The fact that you can share any pics and the like, it can be concerning. Then again, it's all on the parents to make sure this doesn't happen. Nintendo is not a care taker. Shame lots of people look at gaming companies that way for some reason :/

Well, they're just plain stupid. Real stupid, actually...

But I do say, waiting 5 days is.. strange. Also, my 3DS already had my birthdate in the first place. Weird how it was asking me to input it again. I'm guessing everyone else had to, too?

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Bones00

@KomicZ Maybe it was asking our birthdate as like one of those provisions to make sure we're of age as to what we're about to accept.

Twitter:

Bones00

@Roopa132 Thanks for asking that as I want to know the same. Add me on your 3DS as well.

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.