3DS Forum

Topic: Swapnote Spotpass Service Discontinued

Showing 41 to 60 of 167

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

41. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO NIKKI!!!!!!!!!!
Untitled

Nikki is sobbing right now

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PkmnTrainerRed

42. Posted:

REALLY NINTENDO, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP UP WITH MY FRIENDS WHEN I AM 300 MILES FROM THEM.

PkmnTrainerRed

3DS Friend Code: 2363-6392-8262

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

43. Posted:

finally i can download ace attorney :)

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

44. Posted:

It would have been easier to disable the photo feature, but clearly there is something else behind the curtain.
Are they trying to force us to pay for Flipnote Studio 3D?

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

45. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO NIKKI!!!!!!!!!!
Untitled

Nikki is sobbing right now

Man... Seeing Nikki makes me wanna cry. I'll never forget that Swapnote was one of the first reasons why I love my 3DS. Seeing Nikki make notes was cute and fun. Swapnote really is great for new 3DS users and veterans.

I'll never forget when I got my special stationary from Aonuma and Miyamoto and Reggie...
I'll never forget when everyone was happy that Swapnote got that amazing update....
wipes away tears
THIS ISN'T FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

46. Posted:

@MrSRArter Yeah, which is a shame, since her birthday was only two months away, sorry Nikki :(

I liked to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

47. Posted:

PkmnTrainerRed wrote:

REALLY NINTENDO, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP UP WITH MY FRIENDS WHEN I AM 300 MILES FROM THEM.

I know!! Thats how I feel!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

48. Posted:

@Blastoise-san Wipe those tears. Breathe-in. Breathe-out.

Still Mariobro4. Just Toad-happy. Le-Ribbit.
Give me Jigglypuff with green combat-band Sakurai. That's all.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Know retro games? Try Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PkmnTrainerRed

49. Posted:

At least some one knows my pain

PkmnTrainerRed

3DS Friend Code: 2363-6392-8262

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mystman12

50. Posted:

Faranae wrote:

The problem isn't that people were being harassed. It's that users on forums were exchanging friend codes with children and sending them naughty pics after they accepted. I applaud Nintendo for at the very least doing what they can to combat child pornography, and sexual assault.

For those of you upset saying that the images you take in your games are now useless, please remember that most of those images can be sent from your SD card to your social media outlet of choice :)

That is a good point, but then again, that's what parental controls are for. If parents don't like this they need to take more responsibility in what their children are doing, and not just blame Nintendo. When I had my 3DS, the moment the update with the internet browser came out my dad turned on parental controls. It was annoying to have to get him to enter the pin every time I wanted to change a setting, but I completely understand and respect why he turned the parental controls on. He didn't want me to see that kind of stuff. Nintendo probably got a bunch of emails from angry parents who paid no attention to what there kids were doing, then suddenly noticed this stuff on their kid's 3DS. One thing they could have done was send out a note informing parents about ways to keep this from happening, or maybe they could make it so it only works through a Nintendo Network ID, so you have to have an account to use it. That could definitely improve the issue since you have to at least enter your age and be over 13.

@Blastoise-san Thanks! Do you also agree with me about the City Trial sequel? :3

Edit: Quick question. Has Nintendo already stopped Spot Pass messages, or are they just sending out a warning. Because if they just stopped it without a warning, this is even worse than I thought. Friends won't be able to exchange contact information and stuff. What if there were two guys who became best friends through Swap Note, without knowing anything about each other except their first names. Then suddenly they completely lost all contact, and never saw each other again... :( Aren't there things called sad pastas, because I think I just made one...

Edited on by mystman12

Future Pinball Table Development Blog Currently working on: Joe's Ultimate Bus Ride
I'm trying to share as many Wario Ware D.I.Y. microgames as possible, before WiFi is taken down. Share your microgames in this thread.

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

51. Posted:

Meh. Oh well. Haven't used it in forever anyways. Although it used to be fun sending friends 3D pictures, but everything ends eventually. I blame the sickos online who get their jollies off sending disgusting pictures to children. Truly awful.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kenchi

52. Posted:

I am hoping that my favorite 3ds friends can find me on Facebook. :(

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

53. Posted:

mariobro4 wrote:

@Blastoise-san Wipe those tears. Breathe-in. Breathe-out.

I know it sounds like I'm really upset and I am. Swapnote was freaking amazing. I had so much fun with it. I got to send and recieve notes from game devleopers, special stationary with epic designs, use it as a way to write to friends I hardly see, and then there's Nikki... She's the mascot for Swapnote and the fact she is gone just hurts. She was adorable. Every note she made was cute and tried to help the 3DS fanbase. She even sent notes for the holidays. The last note she sent was a few days ago...
Just owch, you know?
This hurts.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

54. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Faranae wrote:

The problem isn't that people were being harassed. It's that users on forums were exchanging friend codes with children and sending them naughty pics after they accepted. I applaud Nintendo for at the very least doing what they can to combat child pornography, and sexual assault.

For those of you upset saying that the images you take in your games are now useless, please remember that most of those images can be sent from your SD card to your social media outlet of choice :)

That is a good point, but then again, that's what parental controls are for. If parents don't like this they need to take more responsibility in what their children are doing, and not just blame Nintendo. When I had my 3DS, the moment the update with the internet browser came out my dad turned on parental controls. It was annoying to have to get him to enter the pin every time I wanted to change a setting, but I completely understand and respect why he turned the parental controls on. He didn't want me to see that kind of stuff. Nintendo probably got a bunch of emails from angry parents who paid no attention to what there kids were doing, then suddenly noticed this stuff on their kid's 3DS. One thing they could have done was send out a note informing parents about ways to keep this from happening, or maybe they could make it so it only works through a Nintendo Network ID, so you have to have an account to use it. That could definitely improve the issue since you have to at least enter your age and be over 13.

@Blastoise-san Thanks! Do you also agree with me about the City Trial sequel? :3

I strongly agree with everything you have said in this thread! I really hope when Nintendolife inevitably makes an article about this tomorrow that they will take the good comments from this thread and put them in the article.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

55. Posted:

Ok which one of you perverts was sending nudes through spotpass. LOL but in all seriousness I can't belive this happened who will I communicate with now? Why do I have to pay the price for some irresponsible little *****? Not to mention I'm old enough for R rated material, I'm so tired of Nintendo's babying they should have implemented parental controls on swapnote instead of cancelling the service.

Marry Me!!!
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

56. Posted:

@mystman12 Your "edit" part pretty much sums up how most 3DS users exchange friend codes and become friends through Swapnote. And yeah... Nintendo did randomly just kill it. I have unanswered notes that people sent me yesterday and today. I can't even send a freaking reply!!!! ARRGGGHHH!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

57. Posted:

Let's keep in mind, sooner or later Miiverse is coming to 3DS, so that can make for a nice supplement.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PrincessSugoi

58. Posted:

Untitled

Current playlist: Weapon Shop de Omasse, Senran Kagura Burst, Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
Waiting to play: Ace Attorney 5, Rune Factory 4, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Disney Magical World, Siesta Fiesta

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

59. Posted:

I rarely used swapnote but this is sad, idiots had to ruin it for everyone else!
RIP Nikki
1:55-2:33

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mystman12

60. Posted:

Aaaand here come the Miiverse posts:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlAJk3h8A

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlAJjofOw

Hopefully they will help change Nintendo's mind.

Edited on by mystman12

Future Pinball Table Development Blog Currently working on: Joe's Ultimate Bus Ride
I'm trying to share as many Wario Ware D.I.Y. microgames as possible, before WiFi is taken down. Share your microgames in this thread.

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12