3DS Forum

Topic: Swapnote Spotpass Service Discontinued

Showing 21 to 40 of 171

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

21. Posted:

Knuckles wrote:

Well, Swapnote's icon is getting kicked off of my main menu and into a folder.

Moved to a new folder? I deleted it altogether. It's completely useless to me now and it was taking up blocks.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aqueous

22. Posted:

No more special notes either :(

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SphericalCrusher

23. Posted:

You can still use Swap Note, but the messages can only be transferred via Street Pass, not SpotPass, which almost makes it pointless. They said they were investigating the issue, so I feel that SpotPass will be turned back on for SwapNote eventually.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter: th3crush3r

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knuckles

24. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

Well, Swapnote's icon is getting kicked off of my main menu and into a folder.

Moved to a new folder? I deleted it altogether. It's completely useless to me now and it was taking up blocks.

Not a new folder, just a folder for things like Health Warnings or whatever that caution sign icon is. Also in case I ever want to look at old notes from friends I can, and I have a 32GB, and no need to delete it right now.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

25. Posted:

SphericalCrusher wrote:

You can still use Swap Note, but the messages can only be transferred via Street Pass, not SpotPass, which almost makes it pointless. They said they were investigating the issue, so I feel that SpotPass will be turned back on for SwapNote eventually.

Swapnote is basically dead now. Nintendo stopped special stationary!!! Those were notes that were awesome and people can't even reply to them! Why did Nintendo feel the need to cancel that?!?!? If they still allowed that then this wouldn't hurt as much. Swapnote is special to me. Its a great app for a new 3DS user and any veteran 3DS user. Man... I am sooo upset.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

26. Posted:

SphericalCrusher wrote:

You can still use Swap Note, but the messages can only be transferred via Street Pass, not SpotPass, which almost makes it pointless. They said they were investigating the issue, so I feel that SpotPass will be turned back on for SwapNote eventually.

That doesn't make sense because inappropriate content could be sent over Streetpass too.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

27. Posted:

Sounds like the photo feature is the issue.
Disable the photo feature. Not the entire spotpass feature.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blackchipmunk

28. Posted:

I'm gonna miss being able to share neat messages and doodles through swapnote with my friends. Nintendo has done some mean thing sometimes, but this one's definitely up there on the list... >:

Edited on by Blackchipmunk

Blackchipmunk

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6774-4635

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knuckles

29. Posted:

@Titanics Inappropriate drawings, along with inappropriate vocal messages now that you can record 5 second clips in swapnote.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

30. Posted:

Oh wow... I guess I can delete the app now.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

31. Posted:

There goes some of my friends (not again.......AGAIN)

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND SOMEBODY HE KNOWS, ZIGGURAT!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kenchi

32. Posted:

Very upset about this. So uncool. I have 3ds friends that I love to hear from.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mystman12

33. Posted:

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen Nintendo do, besides not releasing a sequel to City Trial. :P I guess SwapNote Battle league is cancelled... If people are getting inappropriate content, that's THEIR problem that they can take care of by either deleting them from there friends list or blocking the user. If parents are uncomfortable with it, they can use parental controls on it. I don't even use SwapNote but I can perfectly understand how horrible this is to the people who do, and I don't see how Flip Note 3D could replace this, although Miiverse might suffice. Nintendo worked really hard on this app and now they've just made it nearly useless. I really hope for everyone that Nintendo turns Spot Pass back on.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention, the users with this issue are probably really small, and some of them probably don't mind it! (Horrible, but probably true) So basically, Nintendo is punishing everybody for something a few naughty people did.

Edited on by mystman12

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marioman64

34. Posted:

that's backwards... wouldn't you get offensive random strange material through streetpass strangers rather than friends you added?

Nintendo I love you, but what are you doing...

Marioman64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

35. Posted:

I stopped using Swapnote a while ago so I'm actually kind of happy. Now I can free up a lot of blocks.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

36. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen Nintendo do, besides not releasing a sequel to City Trial. :P I guess SwapNote Battle league is cancelled... If people are getting inappropriate content, that's THEIR problem that they can take care of by either deleting them from there friends list or blocking the user. If parents are uncomfortable with it, they can use parental controls on it. I don't even use SwapNote but I can perfectly understand how horrible this is to the people who do, and I don't see how Flip Note 3D could replace this, although Miiverse might suffice. Nintendo worked really hard on this app and now they've just made it nearly useless. I really hope for everyone that Nintendo turns Spot Pass back on.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention, the users with this issue are probably really small, and some of them probably don't mind it! (Horrible, but probably true) So basically, Nintendo is punishing everybody for something a few naughty people did.

I totally agree with you!!!!! Thank you!!! shakes hands with you

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

37. Posted:

WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO NIKKI!!!!!!!!!!
Untitled

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND SOMEBODY HE KNOWS, ZIGGURAT!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Faranae

38. Posted:

The problem isn't that people were being harassed. It's that users on forums were exchanging friend codes with children and sending them naughty pics after they accepted. I applaud Nintendo for at the very least doing what they can to combat child pornography, and sexual assault.

For those of you upset saying that the images you take in your games are now useless, please remember that most of those images can be sent from your SD card to your social media outlet of choice :)

Faranae

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

39. Posted:

Like I said before.. The game that will prolly take the biggest blow from Swapnote being cancelled is Animal Crossing: New Leaf. People LOVE sending pictures of themselves doing stuff in the game and using Swapnote as a way to send it. Holding the L and R button at the same to take a picture and send it via Swapnote was crazy fun and addicting. Now that that function is dead.... The sociability of the game just got punched in the face.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

40. Posted:

Faranae wrote:

The problem isn't that people were being harassed. It's that users on forums were exchanging friend codes with children and sending them naughty pics after they accepted. I applaud Nintendo for at the very least doing what they can to combat child pornography, and sexual assault.

For those of you upset saying that the images you take in your games are now useless, please remember that most of those images can be sent from your SD card to your social media outlet of choice :)

Thats messed up that happened but the problem would have got solved instantly if the parent/child just deleted the 3DS friend who was abusing Swapnote from their friend list. AND there is Parental Controls in Settings that helps alot.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9