Forums

Topic: Swapnote Spotpass Service Discontinued

Posts 101 to 120 of 171

Ash_Anne

LordGeovanni wrote:

ShadowLugia wrote:

Ash_Anne wrote:

I think they should update the service so that it stops inappropriate content from being sent and allow the people who didn't abuse to continue to use the service.

This is what I was think as well. Make the pigs suffer D:<.

I think it would be FAR better if Nintendo sent out a message to parents saying everything that is needed to understand how to control the Parental Settings and then also allowing parents to forward any bad messages to Nintendo so that they could redirect it to the police where the system is located. Not to mention finding a way to brick online communications for that Friend Code...

That would be ideal but how many parents are really going to read something on their children's system? There are still many parents that are not tech savvy or they just don't really care that much. My bf works at Gamestop part-time just to get the discount and he couldn't believe how many mothers bought their small child (like 8 year olds) GTAV. Some of them brought it back the next day but most of them sadly let their kid keep the game.

3DS Friend code: 1203-9222-1363
Twitter: Ash_Hose

-ScyherOfDoom-

LordGeovanni wrote:

ShadowLugia wrote:

Ash_Anne wrote:

I think they should update the service so that it stops inappropriate content from being sent and allow the people who didn't abuse to continue to use the service.

This is what I was think as well. Make the pigs suffer D:<.

I think it would be FAR better if Nintendo sent out a message to parents saying everything that is needed to understand how to control the Parental Settings and then also allowing parents to forward any bad messages to Nintendo so that they could redirect it to the police where the system is located. Not to mention finding a way to brick online communications for that Friend Code...

Yeah... I think I was taking it a bit over the top.

"~Meow! :3" and ">Insert generic signature here!<"
3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
My Steam Account! :3

Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

-ScyherOfDoom-

Anyway I hate it when the minority always ruins everything. Truth be told I still think they should bring it back no matter what the cost is.

"~Meow! :3" and ">Insert generic signature here!<"
3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
My Steam Account! :3

Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

Ash_Anne

ShadowLugia wrote:

Anyway I hate it when the minority always ruins everything. Truth be told I still think they should bring it back no matter what the cost is.

Same here. LordGeovanni's idea is a good one, but I fear many parents would ignore the message if Nintendo were to send out such a message. Look how many ignore the ESRB. I do hope they update it, and try to prevent people from abusing it so the people who used it properly can enjoy it again.

3DS Friend code: 1203-9222-1363
Twitter: Ash_Hose

-ScyherOfDoom-

Ash_Anne wrote:

ShadowLugia wrote:

Anyway I hate it when the minority always ruins everything. Truth be told I still think they should bring it back no matter what the cost is.

Same here. LordGeovanni's idea is a good one, but I fear many parents would ignore the message if Nintendo were to send out such a message. Look how many ignore the ESRB. I do hope they update it, and try to prevent people from abusing it so the people who used it properly can enjoy it again.

It would take some time and more importantly they would have to add tighter restrictions to the program. Maybe something like forced Parental controls I know it might work on paper and theory but it might not in reality.

Edited on by -ScyherOfDoom-

"~Meow! :3" and ">Insert generic signature here!<"
3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
My Steam Account! :3

Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

-ScyherOfDoom-

Nintendo do have there reasons though but now negativity has been born out of it. I wonder what the aggressors are thinking right now....

Edited on by -ScyherOfDoom-

"~Meow! :3" and ">Insert generic signature here!<"
3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
My Steam Account! :3

Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

edhe

I'm reading Neogaf at the moment and I'm a bit worried that we won't see Flipnote Studio 3D because of this.

Nintendo have disabled image sharing in that app - I'm not entirely sure whether they've disabled the app though. Obviously, this doesn't bode well for Flipnote Studio 3D in the West.

And when I first read the title of the article on this site, I thought it was only affecting Europe. As such, it's a worldwide thing. Now either this sharing of indecent images to children on the 3DS is endemic across all territories or Nintendo is punishing every user across the world for the actions of a few people spread across the whole world.

Which isn't a nice precedent to set.

-ScyherOfDoom-

edhe wrote:

I'm reading Neogaf at the moment and I'm a bit worried that we won't see Flipnote Studio 3D because of this.

Nintendo have disabled image sharing in that app - I'm not entirely sure whether they've disabled the app though. Obviously, this doesn't bode well for Flipnote Studio 3D in the West.

And when I first read the title of the article on this site, I thought it was only affecting Europe. As such, it's a worldwide thing. Now either this sharing of indecent images to children on the 3DS is endemic across all territories or Nintendo is punishing every user across the world for the actions of a few people spread across the whole world.

Which isn't a nice precedent to set.

This goes to show that when a issue comes into Nintendo's hands they cannot properly execute the situation.

"~Meow! :3" and ">Insert generic signature here!<"
3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
My Steam Account! :3

Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

Chris720

Dam children.... Waste of space. If they want to be stupid, let them be stupid. If they want to be posting pictures of themselves on the internet and send them to strangers then they deserve bad things to happen to them.

As for Nintendo's decision... You can clearly see how their online interactions need to be upgraded a pot. If something like this happened on another service, the user would be automatically banned.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Pianomanfreak

I'm not really complain about Swapnote being delete but like many people on this forum will say Life Must Go On and don't let one thing bring you down. Rip Nikki 2011-2013 you will be miss but not forgotten.

My Youtube channel!

Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

Windy

Nintendo canceled swapnote cause they were not making money from that service! Mark my words. You really think they would shut down an entire service that probably 2 million people are using because 1 to 5% of the people were abusing it. Noway! Now How! They want money. I'm so flipping mad right now. God I hate being a Nintendo fan at times like this. I'm picking up Bravely default and Mario Golf on 3DS and my Nintendo days are over. I will never spend another penny in the Eshop. Enjoy that Nintendo!

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest X (3DS or Wii-U) Project Racing
Playing Now:
John Madden 3ds
Train Driving Sim Kyoto
Lionel build your train set
Gotcha Racing
SmileBasic
A-Train Cirty Sim
Flick Golf
Badge Arcade
FC: 0877-0511-8391

Happy_Mask

Trululu wrote:

This is why we can't have nice things.

I know this is from 5 pages back, but that pretty much sums it up.
@Windy Miiverse is a vastly superior service, and you don't need to pay a dime.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Dark-Luigi

Ouch, now until I get a Wii U, I can't send messages to my friends. Great.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

DreamyViridi

A real shame as that pretty much makes Letter Box/Swapnote rather redundant.
Personally, it sucks for me because while I don't use it; I'll miss Nikki...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Viridi's taking a break from Avi duty. Be nice to Peri. Or else... (Fates EU release! Yeah!)
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Marakuto

Now I can't find out who to delete anymore...

Even though I don't feel upset about the app getting deleted now, it was kinda sad that people were already abusing the service but at the same time I would see them addressing something similar instead of deleting it someday.

Edited on by Marakuto

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

Jazzer94

There are plenty of alternative methods of communication it is a shame the service is gone but I feel the some people are overreacting slightly.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Barbiegurl777

I liked swapnote but oh well...

Just gonna delete the app & move on.

I used swapnote once in a while to talk every now & then & send special stationary to friends when I got special stationary. Oh well...

More space on my 3ds for other games to download lol.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12
3DS FC: 3480-2549-1588
Rugrats777 Blog
Miiverse: Barbiegurl777/Rugrats777
Colors 3D! My Gallery
Bandai Namco - Ymmas626
Lalaloopsy - Rugrats777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777

mystman12

One thing I want to say is, I completely understand and respect Nintendo's reasons for doing this, and that is one of the reasons Nintendo is such a great company. Nintendo actually cares about their customers and doesn't want any one to be hurt by their products, but Nintendo just took the worst possible route to take care of the issue. Taking Spot Pass down was bad enough, but without any warning? I think that made it 10 times worse! Reading through here made me realize there are a LOT more people who randomly met at places and then became good friends through Swap Note, and now they've completely lost contact without warning. Hopefully Nintendo will make the app come back using NNIDs, or maybe they could at least turn it back on for a week. I'm really sorry for everyone who may have lost friends because of this, and I hope you can find another way to contact each other.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

I'm just as upset as everyone else. I hope this means we're getting Miiverse on the 3DS or at the very least a Pictochat 3D or something. I used that to talk to friends all over the world. We'd become closer and now, we have to resort to the 16 character Status Message in the Friend List.

I'll miss Nikki as well.

I REALLY hope this leads to Miiverse on the 3DS in a week or two. With messages intact and everything.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic