Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 5,084

Orngeblu

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

The 3DS version is so beautiful! The cel shaded art is just perfect! And it's not like I'm gonna geta Wii U soon.

Untitled

Smash 3DS isn't cel-shaded. The only reason anyone thinks that is because of the black outlines of characters, which Sakurai has said himself that the 3DS has a small screen, so the black outlines helps you see them better. The graphics were obviously downgraded because it's not a Wii U of course. (Not that it matters) I always see a lot of people saying it's cel-shaded...lol.

I guess you're right,but it still looks so good.

Have to agree, it does look pretty good. :I

Whynot-- wrote:

Like I said before it reminds me of comic book graphics, but anyway anyone wonders what chrom's move set would be like if he joins this game? I am hoping that his standard smash attack will be his aether attack. It could be a two stepped move like links.He first swings his sword up to knock the opponent slightly into the air and regain a tiny bit of health, then finish it off with a strong dash attack. (The only difference is the part he knock his opponent into the air.)

I think smash would look great with a comic book-like art style. As well as menu theme, music, etc. I think it's really fitting for Smash.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Seighart

Orngeblu wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

The 3DS version is so beautiful! The cel shaded art is just perfect! And it's not like I'm gonna geta Wii U soon.

Untitled

Smash 3DS isn't cel-shaded. The only reason anyone thinks that is because of the black outlines of characters, which Sakurai has said himself that the 3DS has a small screen, so the black outlines helps you see them better. The graphics were obviously downgraded because it's not a Wii U of course. (Not that it matters) I always see a lot of people saying it's cel-shaded...lol.

I guess you're right,but it still looks so good.

Have to agree, it does look pretty good. :I

Whynot-- wrote:

Like I said before it reminds me of comic book graphics, but anyway anyone wonders what chrom's move set would be like if he joins this game? I am hoping that his standard smash attack will be his aether attack. It could be a two stepped move like links.He first swings his sword up to knock the opponent slightly into the air and regain a tiny bit of health, then finish it off with a strong dash attack. (The only difference is the part he knock his opponent into the air.)

I think smash would look great with a comic book-like art style. As well as menu theme, music, etc. I think it's really fitting for Smash.

Cell shading is pretty much just plain colors without any smudging or gradients applied. . . .
I didn't really understand why people would say it is cell shaded.

“This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.”

3DS Friend Code: 5386-7346-9477

OdnetninAges

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Will there be DownloadPlay?

I've actually thought about this.

My guess is that there might be Download Play for VS Matches, but for Co-Op on things like All-Star mode or Target Test, each player needs their own copy of the game.

Either that, or the other way around.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

CM30

There's probably going to be download play for some things. Okay, it probably won't exist for single player modes due to obviously data transfer limitations (the same reason Luigi's Mansion 2's ScareScraper had to have four Luigis as playable characters) and it might limit the stage/character choices a bit, but it'll probably exist.

I mean, Nintendo wants as many people playing this as possible. Download play can only help in that regard.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

ForeverIgnited

Little Mac has to be in it. His Final Smash could be his Star Uppercut.

ForeverIgnited

3DS Friend Code: 2466-5158-7196 | Nintendo Network ID: HalfLife1

NightmareXIV

I'm saying if you anticipate characters from 3rd party support you'll be disapointed because the producer of the game himself said he won't just anyone from other companies.

Earlier release petiton

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-release-popular-games-in-america-sooner#share

3DS Friend Code: 1134-7192-3429 | Nintendo Network ID: NightmareXIV

Mansa

Olimar is one of those people who is tricky to play with but annoying to fight XD But I am happy is staying in the super smash bros series

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Kryce

I taught they will replace Olimar with the new Pikmin 3 protagonist...
so does that means olimar will have Rock and Flying pikmin as well ?

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

FireMario887

I never saw any 3DS pictures for Olimar, I guess the Wii U is being centrally focused on for him.

I like the idea for the 3DS Smash Bros. The stage is zoomed out and the characters have black outlines so you where they are. The black outline also gives style to the characters.

Like this:
Image taken out due to obscene gesture. Please be more careful when hotlinking -Lz

Edited on by LzWinky

FireMario887

The_Ninja

Varia01 wrote:

I never saw any 3DS pictures for Olimar, I guess the Wii U is being centrally focused on for him.

I like the idea for the 3DS Smash Bros. The stage is zoomed out and the characters have black outlines so you where they are. The black outline also gives style to the characters.

Like this: (image removed)

I know what you mean,I like the black outlines alot.

Edited on by LzWinky

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Mansa

...I still wish that the color costumes effects the colors of ranged attacks

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Bubbab5

I think sonic will be in this smash bros because of the deal Sega and nintendo have with sonics next few games

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

FireMario887

Oh oh, the image changed again... What's up with the "No hotlinking"? I never posted that nor have I ever copied and pasted that.

FireMario887

Snagrio

Varia01 wrote:

Oh oh, the image changed again... What's up with the "No hotlinking"? I never posted that nor have I ever copied and pasted that.

Isn't it at least the second time this has happened? Strange...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

deafwalrus

Banjo and kazooie need to be in it. I don't care about all the legal rights or all that bullsh*t they were like one of Nintendo's main all star back in the day. They would have had the best attacks too lol

SSB64GOD - Looking for worthy opponents to annihilate when smash bros 3DS comes out!
Add me if you think you stand a chance ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5326-4899

FireMario887

WingedFish wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

Isn't it at least the second time this has happened? Strange...

Yeah it is the second time and is strange...

FireMario887

LzWinky

@Varia01: Some websites have an image they use if they don't want you to hotlink from their website.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.