3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 921 to 940 of 5,469

AuthorMessage

Chris720

921. Posted:

@Caramel I'm saying it would've been nice to share them with your Wii friends. I just felt there was a lot of missed opportunities they could have expanded into. But maybe they'll expand it with this game instead.

Also, that's the main reason why I don't think there will be a level editor on the 3DS, I don't see it having enough memory to incorporate it. Unless they do it through the SD Card or something, saving and storing levels, then I'm guessing it would be all right, as long as it doesn't take up too much space. :P

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Yellowgerbil

922. Posted:

How do you guys think the story mode will play out? I mean they confirmed it will not be exactly like the Subspace Emissary.

Also do you think there will be downloadable content for the game? I would honestly enjoy it if it was made after the game was finished or just making extra skins like turning Alph into Olimar or vice versa.

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

923. Posted:

Am i the only one who found Subspace Emissary utterly depressing? This random disjointed flavor and boring platforming made it an absolute chore. Targets was another one of Brawl's low points....Instead of designing target based stages around an individual characters specific move set they chose to make 3 different stages only. Still hoping that the directional air dodging and the floatier air dodging 'itself' from melee both make a comeback.

Gimping both abilities in Brawl knocked down the fun factor and skill quite a bit IMO.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

924. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Am i the only one who found Subspace Emissary utterly depressing? This random disjointed flavor and boring platforming made it an absolute chore. Targets was another one of Brawl's low points....Instead of designing target based stages around an individual characters specific move set they chose to make 3 different stages only. Still hoping that the directional air dodging and the floatier air dodging 'itself' from melee both make a comeback.

Gimping both abilities in Brawl knocked down the fun factor and skill quite a bit IMO.

Yes, because air dodging once and then being completely helpless was so useful...
I enjoyed Subspace Emissary but I kinda see where you're coming from and I agree on Targets. I think I'd prefer character-specific targets more.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Don't mind Dark Pit, he's just here to annoy the haters...
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

925. Posted:

Honestly, as long as they make the base game as big and enjoyable as Brawl, they can offer as much DLC as they want. I'd love it if all of the characters that get cut from the main release at least get offered up as DLC.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

926. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Yes, because air dodging once and then being completely helpless was so useful...
I enjoyed Subspace Emissary but I kinda see where you're coming from and I agree on Targets. I think I'd prefer character-specific targets more.

I'll take that over doing a gimped sinking tank-like air dodge without the ability to even control my dodging in mid air....I miss being able to swoop/dodge in the air over(let alone float for a bit IN the air instead of falling like an anvil) my opponents head or in reverse to avoid an attack, and it definitely added a lot more to the experience and made you feel like a ninja. I don't see why they can't bring back melee's air dodging mechanics and keep in Brawl's ability to attack while falling after you perform an air dodge instead of falling helplessly. You get the best of both worlds without losing one or the other.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

927. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll take that over doing a gimped sinking tank-like air dodge without the ability to even control my dodging in mid air....I miss being able to swoop/dodge in the air over(let alone float for a bit IN the air instead of falling like an anvil) my opponents head or in reverse to avoid an attack, and it definitely added a lot more to the experience and made you feel like a ninja. I don't see why they can't bring back melee's air dodging mechanics and keep in Brawl's ability to attack while falling after you perform an air dodge instead of falling helplessly. You get the best of both worlds without losing one or the other.

Don't know what you mean by 'sinking air-dodge', air-dodging went with your jump/air momentum. With Melee's air-dodge, the directing is nice but if the opponent sees it coming, they can easily pursue you and finish you unless you air-dodged onto land since you stay in the air longer. And if you're off-stage and someone throws projectiles, forget it. Frankly, I prefer Brawl's air-dodging but I won't argue with a mixture of both. Can't say I'd be fond of the idea of air-dodging up for extra height though.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

whynot-

928. Posted:

Falling while doing it is more helpful to me. No one cant say that they have never got into a situation where some jerk tries to juggle them and this type of dodge prevented them from doing so.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/ssbu?

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: 3Dgamer

AuthorMessage

maidesu

929. Posted:

megaman megaman megaman megaman!! o(≧o≦)o

Kingdom of Venus Photo Diary

♫ Oh Oh Oh Oh 오빠를 사랑해
ah ah ah ah 많이 많이해 ♪

3DS Friend Code: 0748-2393-3237

AuthorMessage

Bronze

930. Posted:

k?

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

AuthorMessage

Kryce

931. Posted:

hey what do think megaman's leaf shield attack command is ?
I thought it was down+special but then I saw the Top spin in the developer's direct.

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Currently Playing :
The legend of zelda : Ocarina of time 3D ( 3DS )
The legend of zelda : Phantom Hourglass( DS )
The legend of zelda : twilght princess ( wii )
Hype : The legend of Zelda : A link between the worlds .

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

932. Posted:

Kryce wrote:

I thought it was down+special but then I saw the Top spin in the developer's direct.

Side B I think.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

933. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Kryce wrote:

Side B I think.

I'm thinking down B. That's usually a common setup for shield type moves, as well as transformations/switching characters.
I'd say side B is the flash bomb move.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Bronze

934. Posted:

Yellowgerbil wrote:

How do you guys think the story mode will play out? I mean they confirmed it will not be exactly like the Subspace Emissary.

In the last game, story mode was more of a chore than a way to have fun and relax to me... I just do not have high hopes for it in the next game....

Edited on by Bronze

AuthorMessage

K964

935. Posted:

Kryce wrote:

Froma what we've seen, I think his moveset is as follows:
Standard Attack: Mega Buster
Strong Side: Mega Buster
Strong Up: Mega Upper
Strong Down: Slide
Dash Attack: Top Spin
Neutral Air: Mega Buster
Forward Air: Flame Sword
Backward Air: Slash Claw
Down Air: Hard Knuckle
Up Air: Air Shooter
Side Smash: Charge Shot
Up Smash: Spark Shock
Down Smash: Flame Blast
Up Special: Rush Coil
Crash Bomb, Metal Blades, and Leaf Shield are definitely special moves, but their inputs are anyone's guess (except Sakurai and his team of course).

Edit: Sorry, forgot the dash attack.

Edited on by K964

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all I'm hoping to be.

AuthorMessage

Bronze

936. Posted:

wouldn't slide be his dash attack?

Edited on by Bronze

AuthorMessage

K964

937. Posted:

Based on the developer direct and the way you slide in the Mega Man games, I'm confident in my list. Granted this is just an educated guess about a game that's about a year or two away, so it might not be final.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

938. Posted:

I believe from what I've seen, Mega Man's Up-Air is Air Shooter.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

K964

939. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I believe from what I've seen, Mega Man's Up-Air is Air Shooter.

Updated, that was really easy to miss.

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

940. Posted:

I just had an idea. Sakurai said the 3DS version will have a more customizeable experience. I thought it would be awesome if you could customize a characther! Every char would have extra moves, and you can replace the default moveset with your own! It sounds overpowered, but I guess there could be some limitations.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796