Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 5,084

shinpichu

Geonjaha wrote:

So why are these SSB threads stickies..?

IDK, I guess whoever stickied them wanted to keep them easily accessible, especially with the looming reveal of the game. Also will probably help avoid duplicates.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Snagrio

shinpichu wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

IDK, I guess whoever stickied them wanted to keep them easily accessible, especially with the looming reveal of the game. Also will probably help avoid duplicates.

Exactly.

On a separate note, I remember someone, either Sakurai or Iwata, one of the big guys basically, said a while back that the 3DS Smash Bros. won't have 3D implemented. Now that statement may have changed over time, or just false entirely, but in any case it doesn't bother me since I almost never use that feature.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shinpichu

WingedFish wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Exactly.

On a separate note, I remember someone, either Sakurai or Iwata, one of the big guys basically, said a while back that the 3DS Smash Bros. won't have 3D implemented. Now that statement may have changed over time, or just false entirely, but in any case it doesn't bother me since I almost never use that feature.

I've NEVER heard that. check this thread, though. If something like that was said it would be recorded there.

I do recall Sakurai saying he wasn't gonna reinvent the gameplay for no reason, maybe you're thinking of that.

SkywardLink98

CM30 wrote:

I don't know about that. There's going to have to be some differences, the 3DS can't handle a game with the same content as a Wii U title.

Yes it can. The 3DS can hold plenty of data. Supposedly it can hold 8GBs of data, and the Wii U can hold 25GBs. Now, the Wii's dual layered discs could hold 8.54GBs and odds are SSBB didn't use all of that, so I don't imagine why the new one would, especially when the graphics are going to be similar, or worse (judging from Pit's downsized model from SSBB to KI:U).

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Volmortanto

What about monster hunter 3 ultimate both are the same but one lacks 3d the other lacks hd I can't see any reason for the 3ds to be any different than the wii u version

3ds friend code 5129 0670 7184

LzWinky

SkywardLink98 wrote:

CM30 wrote:

I don't know about that. There's going to have to be some differences, the 3DS can't handle a game with the same content as a Wii U title.

Yes it can. The 3DS can hold plenty of data. Supposedly it can hold 8GBs of data, and the Wii U can hold 25GBs. Now, the Wii's dual layered discs could hold 8.54GBs and odds are SSBB didn't use all of that, so I don't imagine why the new one would, especially when the graphics are going to be similar, or worse (judging from Pit's downsized model from SSBB to KI:U).

SSBB was one of the largest Wii games available

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Geonjaha wrote:

It was to prevent 10,000 threads on this obviously popular topic next month

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

pntjr

Do you ever think that the 3DS could be a controller for the HD version?

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

@LzQuacker While I understand that, I don't imagine it went over 8GBs.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

SkywardLink98

@Knuckles Yes, I understand that, but what I'm saying is while he could theoretically go up to 25GBs, the files will be much larger do to the HD. (I've never played the game so I have no idea how much content is in this but) Super Street Fighter 4 takes up 9GBs on the PC while it takes up less than 2GBs on the 3DS (2GBs was the size of launch carts) so if the they could do that, I assume Sakurai could put 25GBs onto an 8GB cartridge.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

Lan

The 3DS version will be fine, it'll have lower poly models, lower resolution textures, likely lower quality music, because the 3DS isn't powerful enough to drive this stuff, especially at 60 frames per second, which I bet Sakurai will aim for. And Brawl was like 7 something gigs, take into account its huge (and amazing I might add) soundtrack and all of the cinematics.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

SkywardLink98

@Lan Ya, I'd be surprised if it didn't rival the Wii SSB.

Vizard18

ssbb for 3ds would be so awesome

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

supered91

how many 3rd party characters will be in there
my list
10.rayman
9.lil mac
8.pacman
7.megaman (classic or x)
6.maxwell (scribblenauts)
5.paper mario
4.mii
3.tempo (harmoknight)
2.bomberman
1.magnus
anyone like this list?

supered91

Ketchupcat

supered91 wrote:

my list
10.rayman
9.lil mac
8.pacman
7.megaman (classic or x)
5.paper mario
4.mii
3.tempo (harmoknight)
2.bomberman
1.magnus
anyone like this list?

I like that whole list! I think the most likely 3rd party ones would be Mega Man, since he's requested so much, and Pacman, since it's by Namco. And maaaybe Rayman, if they would have kept Legends Wii U exclusive.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

shinpichu

supered91 wrote:

Probably no more than 3 or 4 total(iincluding Sonic and Snake)

supered91 wrote:

my list
10.rayman
9.lil mac
8.pacman
7.megaman (classic or x)
5.paper mario
4.mii
3.tempo (harmoknight)
2.bomberman
1.magnus
anyone like this list?

Magnus? Maxwell? Blegh.

If we got a Namco character I would rather we got Lloyd Irving(or Cress Albane) than Pac-Man.

supered91

dude you do know who magnus is right? and why does everyone think that maxwell can't fight,

supered91

shinpichu

supered91 wrote:

dude you do know who magnus is right? and why does everyone think that maxwell can't fight,

Yes, Magnus is(from what I've heard) a supporting character in Kid Icarus uprising with a fairly small role. He's completely overshadowed by Palutena for a second KI rep in my mind.

I don't care if Maxwell can fight or not. I just have other third party characters(Megaman, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving) that I'd rather see.

Edited on by shinpichu

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.