3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 781 to 800 of 5,396

AuthorMessage

Acro-Nium

781. Posted:

Fighting games would be hard on such a small screen in my opinion.

I play MK7 alot.
Add me.
3ds fc: 2895-7002-3157

Twitter: ZekhaiM

AuthorMessage

Prime

782. Posted:

smash bros would be EXELLENT for the 3ds :D

Snes>Nes>Gamecube>Wii>N64>U
"If you want to play, you have to PLAY WITH POWER!" -Prime

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7092-8512 | Nintendo Network ID: Wiicube64

AuthorMessage

CosmicGlitch

783. Posted:

Toad-The-Frog wrote:

smash bros would be EXELLENT for the 3ds :D

WILL be its going to happy
all i want is for luigi to be mansion luigi and not a clone of mario

CosmicGlitch

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

784. Posted:

Oh hey, didn't know there was a seperate thread for the 3DS version. This will probably get real confusing, considering the two games probably won't be as different as a lot of people seem to be predicting.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=51763efee4b0bd1609c69c04

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

785. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I seriously wonder if the 3DS version will have a different name then the Wii U one...

I doubt it, unless there's a significantt number of differences between the two, which I doubt(this isn't Pokemon, people).

AuthorMessage

CM30

786. Posted:

I don't know about that. There's going to have to be some differences, the 3DS can't handle a game with the same content as a Wii U title.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

787. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

I don't know about that. There's going to have to be some differences, the 3DS can't handle a game with the same content as a Wii U title.

I know this is true for most games, but since it is Super Smash Bros, I don't think there will be a problem. I mean, it's a 2D fighter, the graphics will have to be downsized, and cut-scenes (if there are any) would be different than in the Wii U version (no HD, but rather 3D, obviously), but I'm quite certain that the 3DS will be able to hold up the game-play perfectly. Content-wise, if the 3DS can hold the entirety of DK Country Returns in 3D, with additional content, I think that all of the Smash Bros U content will fit on a 3DS card.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

788. Posted:

Captain_Balko wrote:

CM30 wrote:

I know this is true for most games, but since it is Super Smash Bros, I don't think there will be a problem. I mean, it's a 2D fighter, the graphics will have to be downsized, and cut-scenes (if there are any) would be different than in the Wii U version (no HD, but rather 3D, obviously), but I'm quite certain that the 3DS will be able to hold up the game-play perfectly. Content-wise, if the 3DS can hold the entirety of DK Country Returns in 3D, with additional content, I think that all of the Smash Bros U content will fit on a 3DS card.

This guy knows what's up. Assuming the content gets scaled down and some of the extra stuff gets cut, theres no reason the 3DS game couldn't be similar to the Wii U version.

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

789. Posted:

So why are these SSB threads stickies..?

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

790. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

IDK, I guess whoever stickied them wanted to keep them easily accessible, especially with the looming reveal of the game. Also will probably help avoid duplicates.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

791. Posted:

shinpichu wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

IDK, I guess whoever stickied them wanted to keep them easily accessible, especially with the looming reveal of the game. Also will probably help avoid duplicates.

Exactly.

On a separate note, I remember someone, either Sakurai or Iwata, one of the big guys basically, said a while back that the 3DS Smash Bros. won't have 3D implemented. Now that statement may have changed over time, or just false entirely, but in any case it doesn't bother me since I almost never use that feature.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

792. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Exactly.

On a separate note, I remember someone, either Sakurai or Iwata, one of the big guys basically, said a while back that the 3DS Smash Bros. won't have 3D implemented. Now that statement may have changed over time, or just false entirely, but in any case it doesn't bother me since I almost never use that feature.

They better use it, because I have play the 3DS on full blast almost all the time. That would be a stupid decision; but it sounds too stupid to be true.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

793. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Exactly.

I've NEVER heard that. check this thread, though. If something like that was said it would be recorded there.

I do recall Sakurai saying he wasn't gonna reinvent the gameplay for no reason, maybe you're thinking of that.

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

794. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Yes it can. The 3DS can hold plenty of data. Supposedly it can hold 8GBs of data, and the Wii U can hold 25GBs. Now, the Wii's dual layered discs could hold 8.54GBs and odds are SSBB didn't use all of that, so I don't imagine why the new one would, especially when the graphics are going to be similar, or worse (judging from Pit's downsized model from SSBB to KI:U).

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Cotton

795. Posted:

What about monster hunter 3 ultimate both are the same but one lacks 3d the other lacks hd I can't see any reason for the 3ds to be any different than the wii u version

3ds friend code 5129 0670 7184

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

796. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Yes it can. The 3DS can hold plenty of data. Supposedly it can hold 8GBs of data, and the Wii U can hold 25GBs. Now, the Wii's dual layered discs could hold 8.54GBs and odds are SSBB didn't use all of that, so I don't imagine why the new one would, especially when the graphics are going to be similar, or worse (judging from Pit's downsized model from SSBB to KI:U).

SSBB was one of the largest Wii games available

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

797. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

It was to prevent 10,000 threads on this obviously popular topic next month ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

pntjr

798. Posted:

Do you ever think that the 3DS could be a controller for the HD version?

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

799. Posted:

@LzQuacker While I understand that, I don't imagine it went over 8GBs.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

800. Posted:

@SkywardLink98 And Sakurai has over 3 times that amount to work with on the Wii U.

And I believe Sakurai said that on the 3DS version, the 3D wouldn't just be added, as a gimmick, but as a way to improve gameplay.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27