Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,861 to 4,880 of 5,084

DefHalan

Does anyone know what the 1.0.3 update changed? I can't find anywhere that says what the "balance changes" were. I have heard grabs and throws were changed but I also heard it is a placebo effect. Does anyone know what was actually changed?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

Does anyone know what the 1.0.3 update changed? I can't find anywhere that says what the "balance changes" were. I have heard grabs and throws were changed but I also heard it is a placebo effect. Does anyone know what was actually changed?

You can't see the results of Conquest before it's over.Also, I'm sure everyone's favourite stability has returned.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

You can't see the results of Conquest before it's over.Also, I'm sure everyone's favourite stability has returned.

I am looking for Gameplay changes. I knew about the Conquest stuff

TeeJay

Morpheel wrote:

Stability confirmed for smash 4 as a DLC chracter.

I'm still waiting for Non-Specific Action Figure.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

Oh wow (at least in Spanish), the Pokemon Trainer trophy directly references the Pokemon anime.

It directly names Ash as an example of a pokemon trainer, and says that Pokemon Trainer fought in Brawl "to be the very best, Like no one ever was".

It's kinda weird.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

Morpheel wrote:

Oh wow (at least in Spanish), the Pokemon Trainer trophy directly references the Pokemon anime.

It directly names Ash as an example of a pokemon trainer, and says that Pokemon Trainer fought in Brawl "to be the very best, Like no one ever was".

It's kinda weird.

Same with the English version.

Guys, I was just thinking about this: do you think Smash 3DS's online activity will suffer the same fate as Mario Kart 7 once the Wii U version releases?

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

TeeJay wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

It's kinda weird.

Guys, I was just thinking about this: do you think Smash 3DS's online activity will suffer the same fate as Mario Kart 7 once the Wii U version releases?

Probably not, the 3DS has a much bogger install base than the Wii U and I know plentt of people who got the 3DS version and don't play to get a WiiU. I am not sure how big the Mario Kart 7 community was before Mario Kart 8, it prprobably got a boost right before MK8 release but before that it probably wasn't too popular. I bet you could still find races in MK7 now.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

It's kinda weird.

Probably not, the 3DS has a much bogger install base than the Wii U and I know plentt of people who got the 3DS version and don't play to get a WiiU. I am not sure how big the Mario Kart 7 community was before Mario Kart 8, it prprobably got a boost right before MK8 release but before that it probably wasn't too popular. I bet you could still find races in MK7 now.

Yeah, it's still very easy to find Mario Kart 7 lobbies but I'd guess that actually being able to choose whatever race you want rather than from a choice of 3 and random could have something to do with that. Surprisingly, having the choice to choose the same track repeatedly provides more variety. (I really hope the DLC helps fix the problem)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MasterWario

Undead_terror wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

With good luck and effort.

Sadly that isn't working for mii at the moment over 10 mii hats left and no luck.

20 hats for me and haven't gotten a new one for like 2 weeks. I've already used a hammer on that panel.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Undead_terror

MasterWario wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

With good luck and effort.

Sadly that isn't working for mii at the moment over 10 mii hats left and no luck.

20 hats for me and haven't gotten a new one for like 2 weeks. I've already used a hammer on that panel.

Lucky U!, if I used a hammer on that panel then I would have all challenges beaten, but still to complete the game you need all stuff so...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@Undead_terror - Out of interest, what did you use your hammers on then?
I just did "All-Star with all characters" today, 4 challenges left, 2 hammers to spare.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

Cleared nearly all challenges, EXCEPT for clear 100-man with all characters, and collect everything.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

DreamyViridi wrote:

I just did "All-Star with all characters" today, 4 challenges left, 2 hammers to spare.

I still have all hammers on the first panel, got one left on the second but didn't remember what I used the hammers on, and on the third I used a hammer on 100 man melee with everyone, 50 hours of smash (shouldn't of used it on that) and the last one I forget.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Undead_terror wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

I still have all hammers on the first panel, got one left on the second but didn't remember what I used the hammers on, and on the third I used a hammer on 100 man melee with everyone, 50 hours of smash (shouldn't of used it on that) and the last one I forget.

Oh OK, 50 hours is one of the four I still need to do. You can tell you used a hammer on the challenge by its top-screen picture btw. It'll have a hammer symbol on the top-right.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Captain_Toad

Posted on the wrong thread but it's the same thing....Anyone ever tried pressing start at the results screen? You'll instantly skip to the ready for the next battle screen.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Nintendo6400

Only one challenge away from completion! Collect evereverything custom.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Undead_terror

Squid wrote:

I'm not totally sure what to make of this video. Supposedly it's a DLC demo that was released only to IGN employees... I already don't buy it. The uploader said he didn't want to make anything too obvious so as to not get a strike on his channel.

Here we see new DLC characters added to fill up the roster space on the select screen; Mewtwo, Wolf, Bandana Dee, and Isaac are all added here. (curiously, Lucas is missing) Also, Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit have all been relocated to their respective franchises.

Now of course, at first glance, the fighter icons for these characters look bad. Most are too far away, and Bandana Dee's is too close (however, some people say the Bandana Dee image is totally new and never before seen) However the uploader claims the images are out of place probably because of a beta setup.

He says he forgot to use his capture card, and will upload a new video next Saturday using it. Says he will get more good-quality screenshots and (I would assume) video.

This is the icon of the supposed DLC demo:

Untitled

New title screen (looks like he decided to use his capture card for this one...) :

Untitled

For now, until we see any video, I'm calling fake.

So does anyone remember the guys name? he said he would do more with it on Saturday and when I came back to see, the only video I remembered from his thing turned private...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.