Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,521 to 4,540 of 5,084

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

Here's how clone characters worked in each game:

Smash N64: Took existing characters, gave them some new moves and made certain moves function different. (Luigi/Mario Jigglypuff/Kirby)

Melee: Took existing characters, and gave them a lot of differences. But their moves has the animations as their original counterpart. I'll use Falco as an example:

-He is slower than Fox
-He can jump higher than Fox
-Lazers are slower and can make opponents flinch
-Side B has a meteor smash hitbox at the end of the attack
-Falco's shine (Down B) sends opponents upwards, and not sideways like Fox's shine
-Up B travels at a lesser distance
-Down air is a meteor smash

I really love how Melee handled clones. They might look the same with no differences, but they function a lot differently than their original counterparts.

Brawl: Brawl has no clones. There are only semi-clones. Clones from Melee got a lot of new moves, making them now semi-clones. And before you ask, no, Wolf is not a clone or semi-clone. Wolf looks similar to Fox in terms of moves, but they function a lot differently.

Smash 4: Took existing characters and just made them stronger, or just gave them one little tiny minor difference. Smash 4 handes clones very badly in my opinion. Dark Pit is just Pit but stronger, no other differences.

Sorry if this post was bad at explaining things. I'm not really good at explaining stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Sakurai said that Dark Pit wasn't even supposed to be on the roster at first, and that he was going to be an alt. for Pit, but eventually ended up getting different traits, and the same goes for Dr. Mario and Lucina? ...Whoa. The fact that I went from hating Dark Pit at first to defending him is actually kind of creepy O_O.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LucinaSmash

Every tournament players who choose Zelda characters all horribly lost. The Zelda franchise are not well represented here.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

MsJubilee

Well except if they choose sheik,then the Zelda franchise is well represented.But they didn't,god i hate that they made Zelda so terrible to use in competitively battles.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintendo6400

My classmate Baez is next. I'll be rooting for him! Dang, I didn't know he was 24.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo6400

Horray for Baez!

Araquanid

midnafanboy wrote:

Well except if they choose sheik,then the Zelda franchise is well represented.But they didn't,god i hate that they made Zelda so terrible to use in competitively battles.

And peach so overpowered. (horray for the glitch!)

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

midnafanboy wrote:

What's worse is that in Brawl, she was the Zelda character I could play as the best. Not anymore...guess I'll just stick with Toon Link.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintendo6400

Poor baez. I really wanted to see how he would fair against mario. I wanted to see if he learned from me.

LzWinky

Smash 4 handes clones very badly in my opinion. Dark Pit is just Pit but stronger, no other differences.

3 clones ruined the game for me.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Joeynator3000

You know what Sakurai should do? Customizable Final Smashes. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Araquanid

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Untitled

I hope that never happens XD

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Xiao_Pai wrote:

That would be kind of cool, actually.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MasterWario

Tony_Markos4 wrote:

cause i cant seem to like any other dangg it

What do you mean by that?
I haven't played Brawler and Gunner much, but Swordfighter is awesome! Would make it one of my mains if I could use Miis online.
I have actual Miis too, not like...well...you know.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

TeeJay

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Untitled

I hope that never happens XD

More customization options?! The horror!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Araquanid

TeeJay wrote:

Nah I'm not like that, but I know the only way to customize final smashes would only buff them even stronger (buffed sonic final smash? Jigglypuff taking over the entire screen? little terrifying..)

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Joeynator3000

Stomatopod17 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Nah I'm not like that, but I know the only way to customize final smashes would only buff them even stronger (buffed sonic final smash? Jigglypuff taking over the entire screen? little terrifying..)

Not really, but just change them completely. Like Jigglypuff could get a new move (was hoping she would get something referencing the Fairy type from the start here), stuff like that....honestly I just want Waddle Dee Army and Negative Zone back, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TeeJay

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Not really, but just change them completely. Like Jigglypuff could get a new move (was hoping she would get something referencing the Fairy type from the start here), stuff like that....honestly I just want Waddle Dee Army and Negative Zone back, lol

Why D:

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.