Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 5,084

Undead_terror

I got to have placed first with every character in final smash including all 3 mii classes but I still never beaten the challenge...I hope it's not a glitch or something.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

mystman12 wrote:

Maybe I need to take a break... After playing lots of Smash today I decided to play Ice Climbers (I don't really know why ) and I was trying to use "X" to jump and I was also trying to use "R" to shield and sidestep.

LOL that happens to me sometimes when I play games that aren't Smash. XD

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

I played a number of online matches. I think 8? 6 against a guy using Samus and 2 against a guy using Falco, and I lost every single one of them using any number of my mains. This is why I say competitive Smash is no fun unless you're already one of the best. I left and looked at the menu and my first thought was "Smash Run will be fun!" then I got to the character select screen and was just like "On second thought, I'm sick of Smash." @__@

I don't hate other players for being good. This is the thing that people don't seem to get. I don't hate other people for being better than me. I hate them for expecting me to enjoy it when I very clearly don't even stand a chance. IMO, the FGC ruins games for people like me that are casual-competitive. I'd LOVE to play this game for hours and hours and hours a day and get good and be one of the best, but I just can't. I don't have that kind of time or attention span.

Normally my next thought would be to go "For Fun" but the item frequency makes that feel more like a roulette than a fight. I have a chance, but it's no better than anyone else's. It just annoys me, I guess. I've always felt I have this problem where either I'm playing against someone that doesn't stand a chance or I don't stand a chance and either way, it just stops being fun for me. Anyone else ever get that feeling?

LOL no, FOR GLORY is tons of fun for me especially when I fight someone better or is using a character really well that I'm not used too. Losing is part of the process as you'll never win everything if that is the mentality you go into FOR GLORY in then you've already lost you've got to earn it by playing against those as good or better consistently. Also if you can't handle the mode stick to local or online with friends etc.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@TeeJay I'm using "casual-competitive" as someone who gets competitive or plays to win, but either doesn't have the time or the interest to practice hardcore. Note that I don't use casual and competitive on the same scale. Either you're competitive or you're not. You can be casual or you can be hardcore. It depends more on how much time you can/are willing to sink into the game.

@Jazzer94 See, I'd be more like that if it were in person, but online, it doesn't feel like I'm getting any better, it just feels like I'm getting clobbered by someone who's had way more time than I'm every going to get. It's disheartening, honestly. Meh. I should really know by now, though, that my competitive side ruins games for me. It always does. The second I start trying to actually win, it just stops being fun. shrug Guess it really is just me, then.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

May_Nyan wrote:

Does anyone else find the Sword part of Master Core hardest?
The Human shaped one is actually easiest to me also... I thought that the forms which appear on harder difficulties would be harder...
I don't know if it's intentionally set so the hardest one always appears...

I find the dog form the hardest one. I suppose it depends on what kind of player you are, though. Seems the humanoid form just does a lot of damage. He's not so hard, but he makes the remaining boss forms a LOT harder. The dog form has a lot of KO potential as do the swords, but the difference is that the dog is weak to aerial assault (aside from the orange dropping attack, which can spike you if you're trying to recover) while the swords tend to telegraph their attacks as if your life depended on it (and it kinda does) but failure gets hardcore punished. If you learn their attack patterns, they're really not so hard to fight. If you've lost a life before facing, them, though, the mirror form is going to be an absolute pain. it also copies your customs, if you're using any, so watch out!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

THERE'S EQUIPMENT THAT LET'S YOU L-CANCEL, DASH DANCE, AND DECREASES RANGE WHEN GRABBING THE LEDGE!!!

MAKE THIS **** TOURNEY LEGAL PLEASE!!!

Also, please add in wavedashing equipment as DLC, Sakurai. The only character that can kind of wavedash is Greninja.

Smash Mains:

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

See, I'd be more like that if it were in person, but online, it doesn't feel like I'm getting any better, it just feels like I'm getting clobbered by someone who's had way more time than I'm every going to get. It's disheartening, honestly. Meh. I should really know by now, though, that my competitive side ruins games for me. It always does. The second I start trying to actually win, it just stops being fun. shrug Guess it really is just me, then.

I haven't read what you said previous to this comment, but by just looking at it, I can completely relate. Playing against an extremely skilled player online, knowing that I'm not gonna be able to win even if I try, is pretty off-putting / discouraging. I try to stop being competitive all together because I know the end result is always the same, not fun (maybe not enjoyable is the better term). Either way, it always feels different online compared to local multiplayer on the couch. So hey, you're not the only one.

EDIT: So I read your previous comment, and I feel completely the same. Like I said, you're not the only person with that kind of feeling.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

CapeSmash

I find competitive Smash more fun than casual Smash IMO (Brawl is an exception).

Smash Mains:

TeeJay

I find the sword form to be the hardest by far. I just can't seem to find any way to dodge some of its attacks, like when they separate and surround the whole stage. Everyone else is a breeze by comparison IMO. I don't get why so many people have trouble with the last form, though. Once I reach that form I consider myself home free, it's so easy.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

@Jazzer94 See, I'd be more like that if it were in person, but online, it doesn't feel like I'm getting any better, it just feels like I'm getting clobbered by someone who's had way more time than I'm every going to get. It's disheartening, honestly. Meh. I should really know by now, though, that my competitive side ruins games for me. It always does. The second I start trying to actually win, it just stops being fun. shrug Guess it really is just me, then.

Then just stick to local and online friend matches like I said, also just because someone is better does not mean they played more I jumped online straight away last Saturday a full day after official release and a couple of days after people probably started getting games in the post I was still winning loads regardless.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

I dunno. I kinda don't like being 'competitive' but I've had a blast in For Glory so far. In general, not just 1-on-1. If someone's so competitive and good, yeah; I'll be bitter but the fact is they're better than me and I'll have to accept that. I recently fought a session against someone called Caprice. The matches started with mindless fights but after a few wins and losses, I started taunting at the start of matches and he/she taunted back.

If that doesn't show we were both having a good time, I don't know what does. Though to be fair, I think Caprice was a Jack-of-all-Trades player like myself. Still, For Glory can be fun.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Sleepingmudkip

I wish i could post screenshots to miiverse

~Pit for Brest Cancer Awareness yay~
Untitled

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

KO-Cub

I find it's okay to lose as long as you're learning something from those experiences. Playing a Free-4-All Glory match and 1 opponent was Ganondorf. He had a knack for using Side B followed by a Neutral B. After falling for it the first time I learned because he did it on someone else. The second, I countered it (Cause I was Marth) and not just that counter KO'ed Ganondorf but the other two players. That moment, I claimed victory even with 1.30 seconds left. I won because I learned as I play. I adapted. I play For Glory for fun because their is a lot of stupid people out there. So many Sudden Death wins against King Dedede's. Oh deer. You just have to be good to win. Just think about all the points between your opponent and you.

Come to think of it. I've never actually known how I got good at the game, maybe because I just play a lot.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

How many minutes Total do you guys get in Smash Run. I get the 5 minutes to collect power-ups and then 1 minute of Smash or Race or Climb. So I get 6. I thought it was supposed to be 7.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Knux

This game is incredible. I haven't had this much fun with a game in quite awhile. That secret final boss in Classic Mode though...

Knux

Inkling

I love this game!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Yoshi

MetalK9 wrote:

How many minutes Total do you guys get in Smash Run. I get the 5 minutes to collect power-ups and then 1 minute of Smash or Race or Climb. So I get 6. I thought it was supposed to be 7.

I think you get 1 minute for the final battle, except for the race, where you get 2(?).

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

NintendoFan64

I'm starting to think there isn't a limit to the amount of Miis you can add. So far I've added 16, and I still haven't reached the limit, if there is one. I may actually be able to put in all of my Tomodachi Life islanders after all.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

The_Ninja

Please add a patch to support Smash Run online..

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.