Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 5,084

DreamyViridi

@MasterWario - No, only Palutena and Miis have completely different custom moves.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

DreamyViridi wrote:

@MasterWario - No, only Palutena and Miis have completely different custom moves.

Alright thanks.
Weird but, ok. I guess it makes sense for Palutena to get special treatment since she's so clunky to begin with.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

LzWinky

All this hatred towards Dark Pit...when I think he's just another "Lucina" in Smash 4

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

He's hated quite a bit elsewhere. Everyone is looking for a reason

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

I like playing as Dark Pit. I still question his inclusion, but he's become part of my top 10 most used characters at least.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

miiandmario

I'm sure this was answered before so my apologies in advance but how many challenge panels are there?

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

LzWinky

miiandmario wrote:

I'm sure this was answered before so my apologies in advance but how many challenge panels are there?

Three

miiandmario

WaLzgi wrote:

miiandmario wrote:

Three

Ok thanks

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

NintendoFan64

Yeah...I've gotten over Dark Pit. He's a pretty good character, and he probably wasn't even meant to be on the roster originally. He probably was just supposed to be a Pit alt., but something happened, and he just sort of became a character. My frustration towards him at first was for no other reason than the fact that they put him in while completely ignoring all these other characters that deserved a chance. But he was probably just supposed to be an alt. The same could probably be said for Dr. Mario.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MasterWario

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Yeah...I've gotten over Dark Pit. He's a pretty good character, and he probably wasn't even meant to be on the roster originally. He probably was just supposed to be a Pit alt., but something happened, and he just sort of became a character. My frustration towards him at first was for no other reason than the fact that they put him in while completely ignoring all these other characters that deserved a chance. But he was probably just supposed to be an alt. The same could probably be said for Dr. Mario.

Probably once they put Lucina in, they realized having just one clone would be a bit awkward, so they probably came across the idea of Dr. Mario, and seeing how he has been done before, they realized it wouldn't be too difficult to put him in. Then at that point you have two clones, so you might as well add one more... Three's a good number. That's just a guess, anyway.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Eel

They probably realized having Dark Pit as a simple Alt costume would be very awkward because he would be acting happy and merry all the time.

After all, you can change their voice and looks, but not their mannerisms and victory poses.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

I saw someone say Dark Pit is less of a clone than Dr. Mario. This isn't true. In fact, Dr. Mario is a semi-clone more than anything.

Differences between Pit and Dark Pit:

-Dark Pit is more powerful
-Dark Pit's side B has an electrical effect
-Dark Pit's Final Smash is different

Differences between Mario and Dr. Mario:

-Dr. Mario is more powerful
-Dr. Mario is slightly heavier
-Dr. Mario has worse recovery
-Dr. Mario's neutral B doesn't have a fire effect, plus the pills bounce higher than Mario's fireballs
-Dr. Mario's forward air attack doesn't have a meteor smash hitbox, plus it's more powerful
-Dr. Mario's down B is completely different than Mario's
-Dr. Mario's up B does more knockback, and is a kill move
-Dr. Mario's down air is also a lot different
-Dr. Mario's cape doesn't send him up at all, nor does it stop his momentum in the air
-Dr. Mario's Final Smash doesn't have the fire effect, and it's more powerful

Basically, Dark Pit is a straight up clone, and Dr. Mario is a semi-clone.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Not true. Dark Pit's recovery is green. Difference!!

Araquanid

WaLzgi wrote:

Not true. Dark Pit's recovery is green. Difference!!

Dark pit cannot possibly be a clone.

Dark pit, Big difference.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

MasterWario

I'm trying to play well with Robin. He's so difficult I keep getting owned by level 9 cpus... -_- I feel so lame.

My Pushmo Levels

LzWinky

He has dark colored wings. Totally not a clone

NintendoFan64

WaLzgi wrote:

And dark hair. Don't forget that.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Mikes

NintendoFan64 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

And dark hair. Don't forget that.

Hey, you're forgetting about his eye color!

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

NintendoFan64

Yellowtails wrote:

Hmm... it sounds like they were on a time constraint (I don't know why that would be the case) so they tossed in a few clone characters at the last moment. Dr. Mario is awesome, but Dark Pit...um... I don't know.

That's actually my initial reaction to finding out they were in, plus a bit of hatred towards Dark Pit. As for why they'd be on a time constrait, it's probably just so they could get it out this year, especially since the Wii U could definitely use the game right about now. The audio clips that were recently discovered are most likely evidence of modes that couldn't get put in due to their tight schedule. Also, I believe someone here posted a while ago discovered audio files relating to characters that aren't in. Hopefully they can add it all through DLC...assuming there is DLC.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.