Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,401 to 4,420 of 5,084

Yoshi

Anyone know the best way to get that 3200 ft home run challenge? I'm using Yoshi, but the best I can do is 2500 ft. Am I missing something, because I'm usually good at this. Should I try someone else?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

chiefeagle02

Untitled

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

Yoshi

chiefeagle02 wrote:

Untitled

Don't even try, they expired when the public demo was released.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Eel

Slowpoke.

Anyway, for the home run contest thing, gamexplain has a really goodi idea about using Ganondorf to beat that challenge.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

@brewsky Ganondorf is a beast at Home Run, and he doesn't even need the bat to do it! Just start up the mode, and as soon as the timer starts, let out three uncharged forward smashes on the sandbag. Once that's done, he'll likely end up behind you. Follow up with four or five forward tilts and this should put him back on the right side. Finish it off with a reverse Warlock Punch (face left, press B, and then quickly turn right just after pressing B) and watch that sandbag fly! This can EASILY smash that challenge.

Also, I've now done the 200 kills challenge. I suck as Luigi, so I barely got past 250. Regardless, I pretty much only have the time-consuming ones left. Complete Classic with all characters. Complete All-Star with all characters. 1000 KOs in Smash. The one in the top-right takes the cake on "Oh, my God, this is gonna be a while." It requires you to essentially collect all of the custom things. Yup. That's right all 384 custom moves that you don't have access to at the start of the game. And unlike trophies, we don't have that handy shop to help us find trophies we don't already have. You've just gotta use the character over and over until you have all their moves. Smash Run and Trophy Rush can help with this, but GameXplain had a nice trick to get whichever result you wanted on the roulette at the start of a match. See that tantalizing 5 customs on the roulette? See if you can't nail that sucker with the home button and if you see that it's still halfway or more off the top of the slot, hold the A button after you hit resume and you'll get your prize! Do this on 9.0 difficulty for maximum effectiveness. Just be sure that you can handle the hell that awaits at the end. Remember: air dodge and shield are your friend!

(Note: This is actually a classic Speed Runner trick known as pause buffering. Lucky the 3DS has a built in "pause everything" command, right?)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

I finally beat Classic mode on Level 9 Intensity! I had to buff up Toon Link a bit to do it, though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

I have 103 hours sunk into this game.

Wow...

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

KO-Cub

SuperMalleo wrote:

So it looks like no one here beat Classic Mode on 9.0 without cheating

I used Ike with no customization. It's not hard. Die once every two matches but with two lives It's possible.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

Greninja's Down Taunt does damage.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Whydoievenbother

MetalK9 wrote:

Greninja's Down Taunt does damage.

Is it like Luigi's down taunt?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

UGXwolf

I check the shop often, because I'm finding it harder and harder to get new trophies, otherwise. I also have over 20,000 coins, so it's not much of a set back.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

I check the shop often, because I'm finding it harder and harder to get new trophies, otherwise. I also have over 20,000 coins, so it's not much of a set back.

I can even get that high without spending all my coins on trophies. I gotta save some up.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

The_Ninja

SockoMario wrote:

I have 103 hours sunk into this game.

Wow...

I only have like 19 hours... what am I doing with my life?
Should be playing alot more.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Undead_terror

Well I just beaten classic on 9.0......now to beat it with everyone, also beaten all star with everyone and now got it beat it on hard.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DefHalan

So, Yoshi is awesome

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MasterWario

So I was trying to figure out how to get heavenly light working on Palutena; turns out its one of her alt specials, and they are like, completely different from one another. (Which is disappointing because the default ones are boring, so no online with her.)

Do you guys know any other fighters with completely different alts.? Most fighters just have variations off their normal specials.

Also, I just can't shake the feeling that Marth just doesn't belong on the roster anymore. Lucina makes a much better rep and this guy just seems so out of place. And I can't change his annoying blue hair either.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.