Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,381 to 4,400 of 5,084

LzWinky

Undead_terror wrote:

I got 20 challenges left and 4 unused hammers, I'm going to wait and see what if the best way to use these hammers, I might use one on that 400 hit combo with every character unless someone can tell me how to do it, grabbing and hitting someone is cutting it...

It's quite easy actually. Do the following for 4-5 characters:

1. Choose a large enemy like Bowser. Your character doesn't really matter here
2. Spawn 4 smart bombs and put 2 on one side of Bowser and 1 on the other
3. Throw the 4th one at Bowser and you'll set off a chain reaction
4. If you did it right, you can get over 100 on the combo (thus finishing another challenge as well) (NOTE: You may not succeed the first time, so keep trying)
5. Rinse and repeat for 3-4 more characters

Do note that it's not 400 for one character but a collective total

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Rintyrocks

UGXwolf wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

I got 20 challenges left and 4 unused hammers, I'm going to wait and see what if the best way to use these hammers, I might use one on that 400 hit combo with every character unless someone can tell me how to do it, grabbing and hitting someone is cutting it...

Smart bombs are your friend. If you set three out a shorts ways away from each other and then throw a fourth at your opponent standing in the middle, you'll get a ton of hits really fast. This may not always get you 100+ hits, but it can, so that's an easy way to get both of those acheivements.

I also found out that Ganondorf is totally OP in Home Run. If you want to do that last home run challenge with ease, just...

select Ganondorf. Start with three uncharged forward smashes, then turn around and unload four or five forward tilts on the sandbag and finish with a reverse Warlock Punch. Done right, this should easily send the sandbag flying over 4000 ft.

The only challenge I have yet to do that requires any skill is the 200 kills in Endless Smash. I don't want to use a hammer here because I know I can do this, but if it gets annoying, I really will. The rest are all just annoying time-consuming ones that I'll have to have patience for. Also, fun fact, doing Classic and All Star with all characters is non-negotiable. The game won't let you use the hammers on those. You probably know this, if you've tried to use a hammer on anything in the third panel, but now you're reading it here!

Use Dedede. Get on the highest platform. Down B, repeatably.

Rintyrocks

3DS Friend Code: 4828-5504-9607 | Nintendo Network ID: mememe1000

LzWinky

Donkey Kong is amazing in Multi-run. I did the 100 Man Smash in about 1:30

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SparkOfSpirit

I got 635 KOs in Endless Smash abusing Dr. Mario's Dr. Tornado on the side ledge.

How I missed that move.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

May_Nyan

UGXwolf wrote:

The only challenge I have yet to do that requires any skill is the 200 kills in Endless Smash. I don't want to use a hammer here because I know I can do this, but if it gets annoying, I really will. The rest are all just annoying time-consuming ones that I'll have to have patience for. Also, fun fact, doing Classic and All Star with all characters is non-negotiable. The game won't let you use the hammers on those. You probably know this, if you've tried to use a hammer on anything in the third panel, but now you're reading it here!

I got over 500 kills on endless smash by using Yoshi's down and b move.
That challenge isn't difficult really =)

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

Yoshi

I'm just going to leave this here....

Untitled

....Ok, fine, I cheated and used Bowser to do this, but it's an achievement nonetheless, and I was freaking out doing the entire final boss fight. But I did do it (and unlocked everything in the game, so I can freely discuss on here and play online without being spoiled!)

Also, the announcing yelling "Wow, incredible!" was definitely the icing on the cake.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

CapeSmash

I beat Classic on 9.0 with Mario.

(But his power was like 23+, and I made him very fast, so I guess I cheated too. lol)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Yoshi

You know, I would've tried the customization, but this is Classic Mode. It just didn't feel right to me.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Yoshi

SuperMalleo wrote:

So it looks like no one here beat Classic Mode on 9.0 without cheating

Hey, I used the resources that were given to me so I used them. (EDIT: Redundant! ) It just felt like cheating because I had so much trouble with other characters, but I had an easier time with Bowser (and two minutes to spare in the final boss as well!)

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

LzWinky

brewsky wrote:

I'm just going to leave this here....

Untitled

....Ok, fine, I cheated and used Bowser to do this, but it's an achievement nonetheless, and I was freaking out doing the entire final boss fight. But I did do it (and unlocked everything in the game, so I can freely discuss on here and play online without being spoiled!)

Also, the announcing yelling "Wow, incredible!" was definitely the icing on the cake.

I beat that a while ago

Yoshi

WaLzgi wrote:

I beat that a while ago

Well, you know what? I had work and school conflicting with my Smash playtime. At least I got it done before I have to go in for work tomorrow.

Now playing:

LzWinky

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

I got 635 KOs in Endless Smash abusing Dr. Mario's Dr. Tornado on the side ledge.

How I missed that move.

I only got 484 with Yoshi

Yoshi

I'm just glad that 15-Minute Smash hasn't made a return. I don't know if I can go through that again....

Now playing:

Ralizah

Having trouble beating Classic on 9.0, even with Bowser. The best I've beaten it on is 8.5.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Yoshi

Ralizah wrote:

Having trouble beating Classic on 9.0, even with Bowser. The best I've beaten it on is 8.5.

Up B and Down B are your best friends, and it is extremely imperative to time your dodges correctly.

Now playing:

LzWinky

647 kills now

Knux

I finally got this game and am loving it so far!

Knux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.