Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,361 to 4,380 of 5,084

Yoshi

I'm having so much trouble getting used to Little Mac. He's such a glass cannon, that's why it's so difficult. I really want to play well as him, though.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Eel

I like the concept behind Duck Hunt, but I find it kinda hard to win using them.

Anyone else finds them a little underwhelming?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi_Prime

I only just unlocked the Duck Hunt Dog yesterday (and Mr. G&W, officially unlocking every character). You just reminded me to play as him, though.

Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi

That reminds me, I haven't unlocked every character yet. I should probably leave until I unlock everyone.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

INSTIGATETHROWS

Morpheel wrote:

I like the concept behind Duck Hunt, but I find it kinda hard to win using them.

I thought i would like them during the fight unlocking him but i can't use him at all...

INSTIGATETHROWS

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1231-4873

Undead_terror

INSTIGATETHROWS wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I thought i would like them during the fight unlocking him but i can't use him at all...

While duck hunt is good at close range, he is mostly a keep away character, throw the disc's and press B for it to be shot at to cause more damage, use the oil cans to get in peoples way, use the men as a moments assist, but he does have good close range attacks, he is said to be a good character and I enjoy using him!.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Smash Run is fun, but very frustrating at times.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

INSTIGATETHROWS

Undead_terror wrote:

INSTIGATETHROWS wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

While duck hunt is good at close range, he is mostly a keep away character, throw the disc's and press B for it to be shot at to cause more damage, use the oil cans to get in peoples way, use the men as a moments assist, but he does have good close range attacks, he is said to be a good character and I enjoy using him!.

Maybe i should've just said i don't like using him...

INSTIGATETHROWS

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1231-4873

Undead_terror

@INSTIGATETHROWS Well that if your opinion so

So you need 8 or 10 hours of smash play time to unlock a pokemon, I think a quick way to do that is to let the game in while you have a infinite time match or the second longest time the game has to offer and pick the character you hate the most to die so you can do something else while waiting...but that's if you don't want to play of course.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

May_Nyan

Which modes count toward the "Play for 10 collective hours" challenge?
I've played for more than that but most of it was in solo, so I guess that doesn't count.

May_Nyan

Undead_terror

May_Nyan wrote:

Which modes count toward the "Play for 10 collective hours" challenge?
I've played for more than that but most of it was in solo, so I guess that doesn't count.

Just smash apparently.

Whydoievenbother

Duck hunt is pretty cool, but i prefer using close-up characters like Dark Pit or Shulk. I hope that whenever someone says " That character would never fit in." someone simply says "Duck Hunt".

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

MrMario02 wrote:

Duck hunt is pretty cool, but i prefer using close-up characters like Dark Pit or Shulk. I hope that whenever someone says " That character would never fit in." someone simply says "Duck Hunt".

Sorry but Duck Hunt doesn't mean Ridley would fit in the game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Undead_terror

I got 20 challenges left and 4 unused hammers, I'm going to wait and see what if the best way to use these hammers, I might use one on that 400 hit combo with every character unless someone can tell me how to do it, grabbing and hitting someone is cutting it...

UGXwolf

Undead_terror wrote:

I got 20 challenges left and 4 unused hammers, I'm going to wait and see what if the best way to use these hammers, I might use one on that 400 hit combo with every character unless someone can tell me how to do it, grabbing and hitting someone is cutting it...

Smart bombs are your friend. If you set three out a shorts ways away from each other and then throw a fourth at your opponent standing in the middle, you'll get a ton of hits really fast. This may not always get you 100+ hits, but it can, so that's an easy way to get both of those acheivements.

I also found out that Ganondorf is totally OP in Home Run. If you want to do that last home run challenge with ease, just...

select Ganondorf. Start with three uncharged forward smashes, then turn around and unload four or five forward tilts on the sandbag and finish with a reverse Warlock Punch. Done right, this should easily send the sandbag flying over 4000 ft.

The only challenge I have yet to do that requires any skill is the 200 kills in Endless Smash. I don't want to use a hammer here because I know I can do this, but if it gets annoying, I really will. The rest are all just annoying time-consuming ones that I'll have to have patience for. Also, fun fact, doing Classic and All Star with all characters is non-negotiable. The game won't let you use the hammers on those. You probably know this, if you've tried to use a hammer on anything in the third panel, but now you're reading it here!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Joeynator3000

...So no Black Hole glitch discovery yet? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LzWinky

@UGXWolf; Use Donkey Kong on Endless and spam Up-A on the left or right platform. It may take a while, but you'll get there

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

UGXwolf wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Smart bombs are your friend. If you set three out a shorts ways away from each other and then throw a fourth at your opponent standing in the middle, you'll get a ton of hits really fast. This may not always get you 100+ hits, but it can, so that's an easy way to get both of those acheivements.

I also found out that Ganondorf is totally OP in Home Run. If you want to do that last home run challenge with ease, just...

select Ganondorf. Start with three uncharged forward smashes, then turn around and unload four or five forward tilts on the sandbag and finish with a reverse Warlock Punch. Done right, this should easily send the sandbag flying over 4000 ft.

The only challenge I have yet to do that requires any skill is the 200 kills in Endless Smash. I don't want to use a hammer here because I know I can do this, but if it gets annoying, I really will. The rest are all just annoying time-consuming ones that I'll have to have patience for. Also, fun fact, doing Classic and All Star with all characters is non-negotiable. The game won't let you use the hammers on those. You probably know this, if you've tried to use a hammer on anything in the third panel, but now you're reading it here!

Smart bombs won't be enough for 400.
Also use Luigi and spam his down B! I got 330 kills by doing it!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.