Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 5,084

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

I wish that you could access all the challenge boards from the get-go. I just can't get any custom outfits because the RNG voodoo gods put a curse on me, so who knows when I'll actually unlock that final challenge.

Either use a hammer or play a LOT of Smash Run with your Miis. The hammers can't be used on later boards, so go ahead and use them.

I used a hammer on the 40-combo challenge (before I learned there was an easy way to do that) and the 4 kill in Cruel Smash challenge (because no). I don't want to use them on the ones that are just flat out time consuming, because I'd rather use them on ones that are difficult. >w< But then, I didn't realize I couldn't use my hammers later.

I am the opposite, I would rather use my hammers on the ones that are time consuming and focus my efforts on the more difficult ones. I would hate to not get to the next challenge panel just because of RNG.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi_Prime

I actually don't use hammers. I didn't use them in Brawl, and I didn't use the purple blocks in Kirby Air Ride (that game's hammers). I want to have everything completed AND still have all the hammers. Which kind of leaves me SOL right now.

I wonder if Cruel Smash still works like it did in Brawl. I could get 11-13 kills just by using Lucario and jumping off the cliff to draw their aggro and force them to fall to their deaths.

Yoshi_Prime

Eel

I got four in cruel smash by spamming Marth's down b.

It took some trĂ­es, of course.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Noonch

@Morpheel I'm not sure what I was doing. I'll assume I should try smashing it.

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

Undead_terror

Well for me I only used my hammers for streetpass challenges, no one around me got a 3DS so it would be hard or impossible for my to get some streetpass hits.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

Undead_terror wrote:

Well for me I only used my hammers for streetpass challenges, no one around me got a 3DS so it would be hard or impossible for my to get some streetpass hits.

Yeah, I have been using them for these challenges too.

Bloop.

Yoshi_Prime

Considering that Streetpass thing, that made me think of something: if you happen to complete a challenge for a tier that you haven't unlocked yet, will that challenge just be done, or will you have to do it again? I think my friend did one in another tier and it showed it to be done, but i'm not 100% on that.

Yoshi_Prime

May_Nyan

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Considering that Streetpass thing, that made me think of something: if you happen to complete a challenge for a tier that you haven't unlocked yet, will that challenge just be done, or will you have to do it again? I think my friend did one in another tier and it showed it to be done, but i'm not 100% on that.

I've done some challenges before unlocking the panel they were on ... you don't have to redo them, they unlock when the panel becomes available.

Edit: I never use hammers to complete challenges. It would just feel wrong to me.

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

DreamyViridi

@Cyb3Rnite - Hey, if it's not too much trouble, let's have our Lucina-4-Laifu battle during the weekend. There's some university work that I'd like to sort out this week.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LzWinky

DreamyViridi wrote:

Getting 4 KOs in Cruel Smash doesn't seem so bad. I've gotten 3 so far, and that was when I wasn't trying for that challenge. Just need to focus a bit more, that's all.

Spam Down B with Shulk. Repeat until you win. I got 5 kills from that

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

Quick question. For those with the full version of Smash Bros, can you play multiplayer with the demo version of the game?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LzWinky

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Quick question. For those with the full version of Smash Bros, can you play multiplayer with the demo version of the game?

No you can't. I don't think the demo has data for any character or stage

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Well the demo comes with four extra stages that you can't play on (they're used in the gameplay demos from the tile screen).

But yeah, you can't.

Bloop.

Henmii

Its a fun game, though I think Sakurai did cut to many elements (movies, adventure mode, stickers, etc).

I have a question: How do I achieve the unlimited smash challenge? I played the unlimited smash a few times, but the panel won't open up. And another small question: How do I get the other challenge pages? I have almost unlocked every challenge of the first page, but I heard there are more pages. And those hammers, are they restricted to the page on wich you have unlocked them?

Henmii

Eel

You open the next pages by completing all the previous challenges (that don't rely on time or streetpass).

The hammers are exclusive to their pages, so don't be afraid of using them.

Bloop.

Henmii

Thanks for the answers!

Henmii

TeeJay

I was looking at Conquest mode and jeeeeeeez...Bowser REALLY trumps Villager.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

INSTIGATETHROWS

I am kinda disappointed in how quickly I've unlocked everything...it's still a great game but i think the Wiiu will be a more complete experience.

INSTIGATETHROWS

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1231-4873

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.