Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,241 to 4,260 of 5,084

TeeJay

MetalK9 wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I never thought I would like Bowser, but he really is a tank.

Also, Master Core was freakishly cool when I encountered him at 7.0 difficulty. I wonder if he changes as you get higher?

I defeated him in the highest rating possible and he only changes to a scorpion, swords and then a shadow version of the character you're playing as.

I beat 9.0 and had to verse the Golem form. Apparently I'm told if you beat Crazy Hand. You go straight to the Dog Form. Defeat Master and you have to start from the Golem.

That golem is really a killer, this piece of info will really come in useful in the future. I'll try it next time I do classic mode.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Hyrule

Loving Robin and Little Mac at the moment. Also noticed my favourite Zelda has a new move summoning a guard to fight.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

KO-Cub

@TeeJay - Apparently. I'm not sure if it works. Never took the time to look into it.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

May_Nyan

Is anyone else reluctant to use any equipment?
Since it raises a stat but decreases another, I'm not really sure what to do with it.
edit: how to use it effectively.

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

LzWinky

May_Nyan wrote:

Is anyone else reluctant to use any equipment?
Since it raises a stat but decreases another, I'm not really sure what to do with it.
edit: how to use it effectively.

When you get better equipment, you can use a combo that plusses every stat

Also, the Master Core fight is not determined by which hand you beat. It only depends on the difficulty you set it on

Intensity 7.0 or higher: Fight all forms including the "golem"
Intensity 6.0 or higher: Fight the Scorpion, Sabre and your form ("your" is your own character)
Intensity 5.1 or higher: Fight the Sabre and your form

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi_Prime

After B-siding to my death four times as Little Mac, I'm a bit more hesitant to use him. I just can't stop scrubbing it up.

Yoshi_Prime

mystman12

DreamyViridi wrote:

@mystman12 - Hmm... Does your brother have your cousin's Friend Code? If not, and he may have had the room set to friend only, that might be why. Otherwise, I'm not sure...

Yeah, we all have each other's friend codes. We were all able to see each others' rooms, but when we tried joining the owner of the room never got any notification and anyone trying to join just got an error. I guess we'll just have to try again later...

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Hey, guys. So now that the 3ds version is out, has it made you more excited for the Wii U version? Or is your thirst for Smash quenched?

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Yoshi_Prime

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Hey, guys. So now that the 3ds version is out, has it made you more excited for the Wii U version? Or is your thirst for Smash quenched?

More excited, definitely. I'm sure it'll be even better on the console.

Yoshi_Prime

DreamyViridi

@NinjaWaddleDee - For now at least, I am content. I have to be due to not having a Wii U myself, so I'm happy with the 3DS version. I'm still certainly very excited for the Wii U version though, so long as the surprises aren't spoiled again.

@mystman12 - Yeah, maybe it was just bad timing. I had a problem similar to yours with Kid Icarus: Uprising so I can kinda relate.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Noonch

Maybe someone can help. I've only ever played Smash 64 but decided to try the 3DS version. I don't understand how the homerun derby works. I get the bag to 112% and hit it with the bat, it goes 28 feet. What's the trick to hitting it?

Edited on by Noonch

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

Eel

Noonch wrote:

Maybe someone can help. I've only ever played Smash 64 but decided to try the 3DS version. I don't understand how the homerun derby works. I get the bag to 112% and hit it with the bat, it goes 28 feet. What's the trick to hitting it?

Did you just "hit it" (only press A) or did you "smash it" (quickly tap to the side on the circle pad and press A at the same time)?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bender

So I've got a bit of an issue. I read online that to get the Kabuto helmet for your mii you have to collect five body parts for your custom fighter (I assume costumes for mii..), well, I've gotten the challenge completed and I got a Spartan helmet.. Kinda disappointed, since I wanted the Kabuto helmet.. Anyone know of another way to get it?

For Great Justice!

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9298-9197 | Nintendo Network ID: Bendercade

UGXwolf

MetalK9 wrote:

Quick Question. Can you only obtain the Trophies of the fighters from Classic and All-Stars modes? Cause I'm wondering if DLC characters is a thing. Then maybe the characters from Nintendo games that aren't in the Trophy list maybe new characters. Just a thought.

I feel it bears pointing out again that there were Fox trophies from Assault in Brawl that you didn't obtain from Classic or All-Star. Well, at least one, anyways. No one said that characters with trophies couldn't be playable, just that they currently aren't. Anyone is fair game for DLC.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

B3ND3R wrote:

So I've got a bit of an issue. I read online that to get the Kabuto helmet for your mii you have to collect five body parts for your custom fighter (I assume costumes for mii..), well, I've gotten the challenge completed and I got a Spartan helmet.. Kinda disappointed, since I wanted the Kabuto helmet.. Anyone know of another way to get it?

As far as I'm aware, the Kabuto helmet isn't an item on the Challenge board (though I'm still close to 30 challenges from the end of board 3). I would assume that if it's an item in game, you get it the same way you get all items: random luck when picking up customizations.

Araquanid

Is there bychance an online list or all things present in the game? Can't seem to find anything..

(Trophies, custmonizations, mii fighter costums, etc.)

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Yoshi_Prime

I wish that you could access all the challenge boards from the get-go. I just can't get any custom outfits because the RNG voodoo gods put a curse on me, so who knows when I'll actually unlock that final challenge.

Yoshi_Prime

DefHalan

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

I wish that you could access all the challenge boards from the get-go. I just can't get any custom outfits because the RNG voodoo gods put a curse on me, so who knows when I'll actually unlock that final challenge.

Those are the ones I used the Hammers on.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Either use a hammer or play a LOT of Smash Run with your Miis. The hammers can't be used on later boards, so go ahead and use them.

@DefHalen I used a hammer on the 40-combo challenge (before I learned there was an easy way to do that) and the 4 kill in Cruel Smash challenge (because no). I don't want to use them on the ones that are just flat out time consuming, because I'd rather use them on ones that are difficult. >w< But then, I didn't realize I couldn't use my hammers later.

Edited on by UGXwolf

DreamyViridi

Getting 4 KOs in Cruel Smash doesn't seem so bad. I've gotten 3 so far, and that was when I wasn't trying for that challenge. Just need to focus a bit more, that's all.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.