Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,201 to 4,220 of 5,084

knabrub21

Is anyone going to get the amiibo peripheral for the 3ds? I really would like a Link and/or Mario amiibo but I don't want to spend too much. How much do you think the peripheral will cost?

knabrub21

IceClimbers

I think the peripheral will be bundled with some game that can use it, but you'll also be able to buy just the game. As to what game that could be, I have no clue.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TeeJay

SuperMalleo wrote:

So if i want to customize Meta Knight can i make him maskless?

Wut. Is this an actual question or are you joking

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Araquanid

SuperMalleo wrote:

So if i want to customize Meta Knight can i make him maskless? Just sayin'.

By customization, all that means is just like the stickers in brawl, you can put stuff on the characters to boost their running speed, etc etc..

You can also give them different moves, which are unlocked by collecting them like a sticker.

Basicly no you can't see him without the mask on

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Araquanid

SuperMalleo wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

By customization, all that means is just like the stickers in brawl, you can put stuff on the characters to boost their running speed, etc etc..

You can also give them different moves, which are unlocked by collecting them like a sticker.

Basically no you can't see him without the mask on

Oh, ok. BTW i added your FC. Can you add me back for Smash?

Of course!

Hmm.. this mii of your's seems rather familiar.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Wow i been playing for Glory alot and damn i had some awesome matches,i'm having more fun in this than the for FUN mode.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Araquanid

SuperMalleo wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Basically no you can't see him without the mask on

Oh, ok. BTW i added your FC. Can you add me back for Smash?

Of course!

Hmm.. this mii of your's seems rather familiar.

Does it?

Can't seem to point my finger on it..
Untitled

My Shinies

Araquanid

SuperMalleo wrote:

It's Mario. I think it's been stalking you 0.0

C'mon can ya give me a hint atleast?

My Shinies

Araquanid

SuperMalleo wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

It's Mario. I think it's been stalking you 0.0

C'mon can ya give me a hint atleast?

Honestly i don't know. Did you see someone with a Mario Mii before?

I've seen plenty of people with a- OH GOOD IDEA.. I'LL ASK MARIO!

@MARIO!!!

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

May_Nyan

knabrub21 wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

So what's the trick to hitting the sandbag 1908ft.

EDIT: Did ganondorf's aerial down attack, and then did a reverse punch.

I did it by sending the sandback with Peach's Up A as much as possible before grabbing the bat and sending it flying.

I can't even get above 600 using these methods... what am I doing so wrong =s (I don't really understand the Ganondorf one though)

edit: 600 metres, not feet... the European game isn't in feet
edit: I got 607.6 metres by using Shulk and just throwing the bat at the sandbag then switching to the monado power that enhances smash attacks before smashing it with the bat

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

FriedSquid

Just got 2061.3 feet in Home Run Contest!

I watched a video on how to do this and ended up with the exact same damage to the Sandbag: Use Ike, and start off with a fully charged side smash. Stay in the same place and keep bouncing the Sandbag off the walls with Ike's forward tilt. Grab the bat at the last minute and fire away!

Also, it might just be my imagination but it seems that you can get a farther launch if you hit with the very tip of the bat... I'll have to confirm this later. Now I've got to figure out how to get past 3280 feet...

EDIT: This first run the Sandbag had 137% damage and I got him at 2061.3 feet. However, I didn't hit him with the tip of the bat.

Just now I tried a different method with Ike, and only managed to land a total of 129% damage. However, I hit the Sandbag with the tip of the bat, and even though my final damage was less than before, I managed to get the Sandbag at 2380.2 feet!

So I think it's definitely true that you can get farther distance by hitting the Sandbag at the tip of the bat, even if your damage is less. Maybe that's common knowledge, but it should help some people.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

knabrub21

Squid wrote:

Just got 2061.3 feet in Home Run Contest!

I watched a video on how to do this and ended up with the exact same damage to the Sandbag: Use Ike, and start off with a fully charged side smash. Stay in the same place and keep bouncing the Sandbag off the walls with Ike's forward tilt. Grab the bat at the last minute and fire away!

Also, it might just be my imagination but it seems that you can get a farther launch if you hit with the very tip of the bat... I'll have to confirm this later. Now I've got to figure out how to get past 3280 feet...

EDIT: This first run the Sandbag had 137% damage and I got him at 2061.3 feet. However, I didn't hit him with the tip of the bat.

Just now I tried a different method with Ike, and only managed to land a total of 129% damage. However, I hit the Sandbag with the tip of the bat, and even though my final damage was less than before, I managed to get the Sandbag at 2380.2 feet!

So I think it's definitely true that you can get farther distance by hitting the Sandbag at the tip of the bat, even if your damage is less. Maybe that's common knowledge, but it should help some people.

Awesome!! I'm excited to try it out!

knabrub21

knabrub21

IceClimbers wrote:

I think the peripheral will be bundled with some game that can use it, but you'll also be able to buy just the game. As to what game that could be, I have no clue.

I hope the peripheral thing comes out this year. I'm ready to begin enhancing my amiibo.

knabrub21

Araquanid

and the ganondorf one I was refering to.. while he is in mid air use the Down+A attack (the move where he kicks both his feet down at you) and just do that to the sandbag atleast 3 times. Then do a regular punch with the b button.. but face the opposite direction, press b and immediantly after turn the control stick the opposite direction (will make him punch backwards and will launch it further turned around.)

No bat involved.

My Shinies

KO-Cub

I tried: your Ike Method, Bowser Method and Ganondorf Method and still come up short at 700+. I'm thinking maybe because mine is in Meters maybe? Is there a difference between US and EU vers? Cause the sandbag barely launches as much as the Bowser video above, so I was thinking either the EU version has harder launch or maybe the difference in Meters and feet or just not doing it right.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Grumblevolcano

For Glory online was fun but over half of my matches had lag that was as bad as Brawl, looks like it's all up to the Wii U version to hopefully show that a Smash game can have good online!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Morpheel wrote:

Well yeah, if your game is in meters then it should be a smaller number.

So how much would 1098.1 meters be in feet?

Edit: I calculated on the internet. 1098.1 Meters = 3602.69 Feet. K. So basically I triple my score.
But since my number is lower than the US versions. Would this effect my place on the 'GSP'?

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.