Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 5,084

Araquanid

If anybody was wondering..

Monado Arts - Shulk uses these arts (which display kanji characters behind him when in use) to enhance his abilities. The arts, which activate via his neutral special, are:
翔 (Jump): Higher jumps, lower defense.
疾 (Speed): Faster movement, lower jumps, weaker attacks.
盾 (Shield): Higher defense, lower jumps, weaker attacks, slower movement.
斬 (Buster): Stronger attacks, weaker launch ability, lower defense.
撃 (Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Inkling

Undead_terror wrote:

Inkling wrote:

This whole page is a conversation between two people...

COMBO BREAKER!

Talking about combos...does anyone know how to do a 100 hit combo in smash? you need to do one in training to unlock a mii outfit!

Just get a 100 hit combo against an enemy

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DreamyViridi

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Monado Arts - Shulk uses these arts (which display kanji characters behind him when in use) to enhance his abilities. The arts, which activate via his neutral special, are:
撃 (Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

I need to take note of this more. Thanks.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

The_Ninja

Go into Training.
1/4 speed. Zoom camera.
Press L. Notice anything different? Same happens when you pause.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

TeeJay

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Thanks for this. I mean it was in the pic of the day but I didn't want to go searching for that. I haven't started really trying to get the hang of Shulk yet; I should do that soon. There's just so many characters to go through and each of them required lots of time to master!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

The_Ninja wrote:

Go into Training.
1/4 speed. Zoom camera.

I mentioned this about a page or two ago. I thought it was a smart way to keep up the 60 fps. It's not like you really notice while the players are in motion anyway.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

TeeJay wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Go into Training.
1/4 speed. Zoom camera.

I mentioned this about a page or two ago. I thought it was a smart way to keep up the 60 fps. It's not like you really notice while the players are in motion anyway.

What am I suppose to notice?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

Well i finally picked up my copy,and wow is amazing.Don't know why my main is ike,cause we like Ike!We like ike or something like that.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

I'm slowly getting used to the controls. I didn't think I would like Shulk because he looks laggy and slow, but he plays wonderfully. And yeah, Smash Run is still a waste of time, and I'm never playing it again. Why was it hyped?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MsJubilee

It was hyped cause people like myself thought the mode would have online.But it doesn't so is sort of a waste of time,it doesn't mean it's a bad mode though.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

The_Ninja

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Go into Training.
1/4 speed. Zoom camera.

When you press L characters will look alot more blocky or undetailed.

The_Ninja

Rosstifer_Z

Does anyone know when the UK can start registering the game for the soundtrack? :L

NNID - Rosstifer Friend Code - 2191-7854-4449

DefHalan

The_Ninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Go into Training.
1/4 speed. Zoom camera.

I play as Little Mac in the pink sweater... didn't notice anything different lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

Toon Link doesn't look much different either. It all depends on whether the character has a lot of intricate details on their model or not I guess. For example, I was practicing with Shulk (I think I have him down now) and his model looks a lot different when not paused.

Edited on by TeeJay

The_Ninja

DefHalan wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Go into Training.
1/4 speed. Zoom camera.

I play as Little Mac in the pink sweater... didn't notice anything different lol

Play as Mario or DHD. Then you'll notice.

The_Ninja

Eel

So.. The characters look better when the game is paused.

Excuse me but that's genious.

Your eyes won't notice the difference during gameplay and you are able take screenshots with better looking models.

I also noticed that Jigglypuff goes from having a "sticker" for a mouth to having a real, sculpted mouth. That's just so clever.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

Well yep, smash run is a complete failure of a design. Even when I do get more powerups than the others.. something stupid always happens like a stage randomly spawning a moving platform or when you think it was just a stupid mistake.. they completely change the rules and now you gotta fight hordes of overpowered enemies and naturally the AI does a better job than you.. Sure it's easy for the AIs to dodge a teleporting witch or whatever those things are and time hitting them.. but for the player it's just..

Frustrating
Pointless
Frustrating
Time wasting
and frustrating.

And yes I gave it a couple gos with characters I was more familiar with and beat the entire subspace emissary on intense with.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I actually like smash run, at my first try I didn't like it but when you keep playing you know what to do and so on, I liked the thing on Kirby air ride and smash run also helps you unlock costume moves and mii stuff, you can get money and upgrades so it's good in my book, it's just too bad that you can't play online.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TeeJay

I like Smash Run a lot. It's fun watching your character slowly become ridiculously fast and jump ridiculously high. And you get all kinds of stuff too. I just wish you had more control over, well, everything, from CPU levels to final battle options.

OCTAGON

Undead_terror wrote:

I actually like smash run, at my first try I didn't like it but when you keep playing you know what to do and so on, I liked the thing on Kirby air ride and smash run also helps you unlock costume moves and mii stuff, you can get money and upgrades so it's good in my book, it's just too bad that you can't play online.

I agree, that was the reason I wanted Smash. Including the new characters and online. SMASH IS THE BEST!

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata....

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.