Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 5,084

TeeJay

Know what I've noticed while playing in Practice mode? The game runs all the models on Low-res until you pause, then it switches to higher-res with more intricate model details, gibing the illusion that it was like that the whole time. Smart way to keep the game at 60fps.

It becomes obvious when you mess with the 1/4 speed (Hold L) option in practice mode.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Retro_on_theGo

How do you select stage music? Sakurai said hold Y or something like that didn't he?
Anyways, I'm loving this game. It's is so FUN! Oh my god I love this!! The characters I was so excited to use are so fast though. I have a lot of trouble controlling little Mac and Greninja. I bet that'll probably be less of an issue with the wii u version. God the music in this game is incredible!

SparkOfSpirit

Is it just me or is everyone in this game really strong? I haven't run into a bad character yet.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CapeSmash

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How do you select stage music? Sakurai said hold Y or something like that didn't he?

Hold R while selecting a stage.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Captain_Toad

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Anyways, I'm loving this game. It's is so FUN! Oh my god I love this!! The characters I was so excited to use are so fast though. I have a lot of trouble controlling little Mac and Greninja. I bet that'll probably be less of an issue with the wii u version. God the music in this game is incredible!

Just hold the R button when you select a stage.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Faruko

The controls are fine is what you should expect about a handheld console, i do use B button to jump, it feels akward with the circle pad to press UP

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Captain_Toad

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ah ok thanks guys! So there's no indication of what song you're getting on the character select screen then?

As far as I know no. Only indication that you get is a red shadow outline on the stage.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Undead_terror

Just had so many online games that time with my buds, online is impressive to me, rarely do I get lag and even that lasts for a moment.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Henmii

As for the controls: I guess they could have better mapped the taunting to the circle-pad so you can use the d-pad for walking. I guess this can't be changed in the options?

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

Faruko wrote:

The controls are fine is what you should expect about a handheld console, i do use B button to jump, it feels akward with the circle pad to press UP

Pretty sure there's an option to disable circle pad jumping.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kyloctopus

If you ever find a Samus Varia Suit trophey in your shop, buy it. It actually makes a "y can't metroid crawl" reference.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

JunkosBoobies

Kyloctopus wrote:

If you ever find a Samus Varia Suit trophey in your shop, buy it. It actually makes a "y can't metroid crawl" reference.

Untitled
Well, I've unlocked it via Classic Mode so...time to see this for myself. xD

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

vonboy89

Okay, I added the-ninja and undead-terror, anyone else add me if they want to. I'd love for some people to play against

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

Should probably get around to putting that in my sig, lol.

Edited on by vonboy89

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

TeeJay

Yyyup. It's official. Robin is my new main for use both on and offline. I'll still use Toon Link offline cause he's awesome, but I find that the input lag present while playing online throws me off tok much when playing ad Toon Link. I guess since his whole shtick is speed, it's hard for me to use my old playstyle online if the enemy can see me coming. Robin is more strategic.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

HandheldGuru97

Morpheel wrote:

The music is starting to disappear in smash run too.

Huh...keep us updated, hate to say, but I hope its just an isolated incident!!!!!!! Been playing for about an hour...Wowza! They went above and beyond with this game, love the roster, stages all the little details...! Just awesome, played online a little bit, laggy a parts, better at others. I'll be keeping an eye on the online mode, hope the bugs get kinked out. Little Mac has quickly become my main, he is awesome! Villager is in close 2nd, waiting on unlocking Dark Pit, just tried out Pit, wasn't a fan of his new move set. Heard Pittoo's set is closer to Pit's Brawl set. As Pit was my main I am really, really hoping this is the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Eel

The music is actually acting funny everywhere, it doesn't loop and in other menus it doesn't start at all (like in the trophy list).

It could have something to do with the fact that I have been playing a lot since yesterday and I haven't switched games since then.

I guess the game is tired?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

The music is starting to disappear in smash run too.

Villager is in close 2nd, waiting on unlocking Dark Pit, just tried out Pit, wasn't a fan of his new move set. Heard Pittoo's set is closer to Pit's Brawl set. As Pit was my main I am really, really hoping this is the case!

He's not. Idk why people said that. He's identical to Pit save for minor stat differences and a different final smash.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.